1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Translating BeamNG.Drive - Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nadeox1, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Alex_Farmer557

Alex_Farmer557
    Expand Collapse

you mean normal english but everything ends in eh?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Kolas

Kolas
    Expand Collapse

Hi, I finished translating to turkish language, but some parts of the game are still english. Is that meant to be or will it be fixed in some time? for example: First screen, loading screen, vehicle selector filter and top side.

Attached Files:

• Screenshot73.png
    • Screenshot74.png
    • Screenshot75.png
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. den_chik

den_chik
    Expand Collapse

Hello. I recently have deep looking into current Russian translation and find what the process going some slow. And the game itself lucks of some translated strings and some of current texts is weird. Infortunately, there are only one Mentor active from 2016, and users suggestions waits (breefly looking) for 7 months to approve. So many works had maded and so few steps to finish this little part of product.

I would liked to connect to Mentors community and getting up the success of this beautiful game project. I pretty feel the Russian language nature and have need to keep original language contest to my own language with high detail accuracy and light'n'clean readings. The true live English is not good for me, but written content translations is more more better (and I would try (and did) some investigations in troubles :}). For now I offer some tens suggestions and I guess there are some really pearls over time. And there are many other users good suggestions too long waiting to shine up. So, I can provided any more information if needed. Needs to make this game closer to perfect... for all of us.

Waiting for your decision. Thank you.

Attached Files:

• Russian.jpg
    #363 den_chik, Dec 15, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  4. gjrfytn

gjrfytn
    Expand Collapse

You could have contacted me through the Translation group in the first place. I appreciate your willingness to contribute to Russian translation, so I'm inviting you to continue our talk in the group discussion.
    Also FYI this is normal for suggestions to wait for any amount of time, it's their purpose after all. They are not approved for a reason, not just because I'm lazy or something.

5. den_chik

den_chik
    Expand Collapse

Where can I find it?

6. gjrfytn

gjrfytn
    Expand Collapse

It took me some time find it too :) Looks like groups was removed, idk. Here it is: link

7. den_chik

den_chik
    Expand Collapse

There is: @BeamNG - Error You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action@

8. gjrfytn

gjrfytn
    Expand Collapse

Sorry, some weird things happened with user groups at this forum, I can't really understand how to invite you to the discussion thread now. Seems like this functionality vanished without a notice as always...

Asking forum moderators for help.

9. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

If you are asking about groups, we had to disable the plugin in a rush.
    It's really broken and has security issues.

I doubt it will be back.
    Use a different way (dedicated Discord server perhaps?)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. gjrfytn

gjrfytn
    Expand Collapse

Wow, that sucks. Anyway, thanks for quick response.

11. Hamzah Ayaz

Hamzah Ayaz
    Expand Collapse

Hi, i just got hold of the game and am really interested in translating it into Urdu (my native language). Checked the translation Wiki and it led me here. Any chance i can be allowed to translate the game in Urdu?

12. gjrfytn

gjrfytn
    Expand Collapse

Seems like there are new bugs in translation website:
    1. Suggestion voting is available only for mentors (should be available for any user).
    2. User translation counter in profile is not incremented when I accept their suggestion.

13. gjrfytn

gjrfytn
    Expand Collapse

Alright, a month has passed and everything is even "better" now: I cannot do any actions to suggestions at all (I have no "Accept", "Delete" buttons etc.).

Also UI became somewhat strange, because controls now have different sizes and look out of place (see screenshot for example).

Attached Files:

• temp1.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Green ︻┳デ═—

Green ︻┳デ═—
    Expand Collapse

I'd be more than happy to translate to Icelandic. I have lived there all my life and I am currently studying automotive engineering. So it should not be a problem. :p

• Like Like x 1
  15. synsol

synsol
    Expand Collapse
    QA Lead
    BeamNG Team

Thank you for your offer, please send me a PM to discuss this :)

We will investigate this , sorry for the convenience !

16. gjrfytn

gjrfytn
    Expand Collapse

Thanks! Looking forward to fixes.

17. synsol

synsol
    Expand Collapse
    QA Lead
    BeamNG Team

The suggestion system (and the permission of these) should work better now , can you please confirm ? :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. gjrfytn

gjrfytn
    Expand Collapse

Yes, it works in general now, thanks! But "Translations made" counter in user profile still does not increase if I accept somebody's suggestion (I've already let you know about this issue earlier).

19. synsol

synsol
    Expand Collapse
    QA Lead
    BeamNG Team

Yes, and i'm afraid we'll need an another update to the whole translation website to fix it, but it's not forgotten :)

20. Urbanmaid

Urbanmaid
    Expand Collapse

upload_2020-2-22_11-15-15.png
    Hello, I am a korean college student. I have made more than 2000 idioms of translations during a Vacation. And i have played this game more than 4 years so i know most of the content and how it should be translated properly. I have the skill of conversation with native English speaker too. I want to take a part in direct translation not only suggestion, and i can give a value to fit with that. Would you think about me to give a permission for translate:Korean?

Or we cannot translate beamng drive

#380 Urbanmaid, Feb 22, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice