1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Translating BeamNG.Drive - Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nadeox1, Sep 5, 2016.

1. synsol

synsol
    Expand Collapse
    QA Lead
    BeamNG Team

Yes sorry about that, it's a bit complicated on our side to moderate the suggestions on the translation website , we will do our best to improve this :)

2. gjrfytn

gjrfytn
    Expand Collapse

OK, I'm glad that you aware of this problems.

3. lazydiety

lazydiety
    Expand Collapse

我来自中国,先前由中国百度贴吧创建了一个BeamNG翻译组,但是经过2年进度依然在30%左右,我想重新开一个简体中文翻译组。由我自己管理,希望在6个月内翻译完成。

4. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Please write in English, so that everybody here can understand what you are saying. Thanks! :)

5. raimundo_ventura90

raimundo_ventura90
    Expand Collapse

Hey.

I have some questions. I wanted to contribute to the European Portuguese (Portuguese (Portugal)) translation of the game, signed up and started making suggestions but couldn't find any mentor for the language, only users like me that could only post suggestions. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place but, is there any mentor for the European Portuguese translation? If not, how can someone become one?

From what I read, things are more restricted now then they were before because of bad translations and other problems related to broken translations. Maybe I'm wrong but the European Portuguese translation seems to be a little stagnant at the moment and I would like to make my contribution to it, so if someone could answer those questions I would be grateful.

Thanks in advance

6. Alex_Farmer557

Alex_Farmer557
    Expand Collapse

I know enough irish to do a basic translation

7. SomeVietnameseplayer

SomeVietnameseplayer
    Expand Collapse

I do alot of suggestion in Vietnamese translation section, but the mentor seems to be unactive since 2016. I have a good English and I need to be a mentor to speed up the work, since many Vietnamese like this game but their english are poor

8. synsol

synsol
    Expand Collapse
    QA Lead
    BeamNG Team

Hi , please sent me a PM , we'll see what we can do ;)

9. SomeVietnameseplayer

SomeVietnameseplayer
    Expand Collapse

Hey @synsol have you check my PM?

• Staff Pick Staff Pick x 1
  10. gjrfytn

gjrfytn
    Expand Collapse

Looks like there is some encoding-related problem in Track Builder localized strings (Cyrillic).

Attached Files:

• Capture.png
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

thanks for the report, we'll have a look :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Car_Killer

Car_Killer
    Expand Collapse
    QA / Mod Support
    BeamNG Team

Polish Translation is done! Thanks for all help @synsol and @tdev .
    I just want to say, editor translated words with polish letters have "??". So would be nice to see different font with support of these letters.

upload_2019-4-19_14-52-28.png

13. gjrfytn

gjrfytn
    Expand Collapse

Have done this too. Just wait for the next source update. :)
    What is the worst, is that it not only adds new source strings but changes or even deletes some of the existing...

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

Sorry about that, this is quite a lot of text, we try to keep the work to a minimum, but that does not always work.

Also, committed latest version :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. gjrfytn

gjrfytn
    Expand Collapse

I'm sure you do!
    Thanks for keeping us busy.:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. ctsipizidis

ctsipizidis
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    BeamNG Team

We just did a big upgrade to the translation web system. If you find any problems let us know! Thanks :)

• Like Like x 2
  17. Drivver

Drivver
    Expand Collapse

Well, while quality isn't that bad (I'd guess one of the best in there), there's still lots of typos or too many spaces etc. Variation of styles to repeating sentences, wrong translations - not fiting to context, so it doesn't make any sense, I get it, polish is just too difficult to just get it right out of blue, so realisticaly each translation have to be made with game opend and searched what exactly is translated otherwise it's messed up. So it takes lots of time to get each string right, as the context isn't clear enough for complexity of polish language it just doesn't work. When I do translations I have "Zen mode" activated and game on windowed mode, then I follow each string with game UI - which I strongly recommend

Honestly it's like a draft that needs a proper revision to look professional, but I'm not going to bother too much until game is at least in beta stage with most of strings uploaded to work on - as I've already lost damn lots of hours with changes and bad strings. I'm really commited to do it right, as former translator of Gaijin Entertainment I know how, but it just have to be stable. I mean so my effort woudn't get wasted as in past, I really try hard to get it like a pro ;)

Sometimes it just takes like 20 minutes or so, to get one string right, with researching the technical stuff like i.ex. "μ-braking" and then finding a proper way to translate it in few words ;)

18. gjrfytn

gjrfytn
    Expand Collapse

Can confirm every word. I employ exactly the same process doing russian translation.

I see, there are a lot of changes. What about those "approved" strings?

P.S. I appreciate translation website performance boost, thanks! But I also have noticed that I cannot delete suggestions anymore. How can I deal with vandal and duplicate suggestions now?

#318 gjrfytn, May 1, 2019
    Last edited: May 1, 2019
  19. synsol

synsol
    Expand Collapse
    QA Lead
    BeamNG Team

I just re-added the possibility to delete a suggestion, it was removed accidentally during the upgrade :)

• Like Like x 1
  20. gjrfytn

gjrfytn
    Expand Collapse

I see that there is some automatic cleanup of suggestions implemented now! It deletes suggestions that are similar to string translation. Thank you, there will be so much less routine work! I wish it had existed before when I deleted hundreds of them monthly... :p

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice