Outdated Traffic Tool 1.2.1

It's here! Create dynamic traffic on almost any map!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThreeDTech21

ThreeDTech21
    Expand Collapse

We're getting traffic! I'm assuming by the time a traffic system is implemented the AI will be far more advanced, this is great because the way that AMD and Intel are going we'll soon be running 20-30 cars at decent frame rates. There are rumors that AMD is working on 4 thread per core technology, imagine and 8 cores 32 threads!

2. SubaruSTI07™

SubaruSTI07™
    Expand Collapse

Only "chase me" works for traffic on that map. Flee causes the traffic crash into buildings and other traffic vehicles. Normal doesnt make the cars move and also glitches the camera being stuck on the place my car was parked on i have the latest version of this mod too.
    Cant because the author of map left modding 3 years ago and his last post on this forum was 2 years ago. But heres a pic of what is happening with the traffic as i mentioned above..the camera is stuck as seen on pic. 20190728195740_1.jpg

3. DAYTONAAAAA

DAYTONAAAAA
    Expand Collapse

If I'm not mistaken, BeamNG relies more on cores than threads...
    The fact that CPU manufacturers are focusing on more threads than cores could be problematic for BeamNG's future :/
    Though... what we could look forward to is BeamNG introducing more thread utilization for this game.
    Maybe then will we have something to be excited about!
    --- Post updated ---
    Simply put:
    AI can't work on maps without AI Pathing.
    Traffic is basically multiple AI cars that respawn quickly.
    Generic city I presume? That map has no AI Pathing.

#503 DAYTONAAAAA, Jul 28, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
  4. SubaruSTI07™

SubaruSTI07™
    Expand Collapse

Oh..And yes its Generic city. Seems like i have to create AI paths on it lol.

5. DAYTONAAAAA

DAYTONAAAAA
    Expand Collapse

It would be much appreciated, actually
    I've been watching that map for some time now, and just want it to have AI already :|

• Like Like x 1
  6. AzureSaturn

AzureSaturn
    Expand Collapse

Excuse me, but whenever I use the Traffic Tool in Altitude, actually, Every time I spawn the cars and press "Go", it works but the camera will not move and/or follow the car I am driving, can you fix this?

7. Janmcp 0

Janmcp 0
    Expand Collapse

This is a fun mod to use, and I have an idea; What about having vehicles spawn in "waves", as if you spawn 4-5 vehicles that drives in "traffic" as usual for, let's say 10 or 15 minutes and then another group of randomly selected vehicles (from one of the randomizing presets) spawn in automatically, replacing the first wave/group, and repeating this cycle on and on.

8. Agera153

Agera153
    Expand Collapse

I've been trying to get this to work for the past three days like "WHY DOES MY UI LOOK SO DIFFERENT TO EVERYONE ELSE'S?! WAAAAAHHHH!"

I'm such an idiot. I was attempting to use the AI Control app and not the Traffic Control app. Derp! App works great now that I'm not being silly!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Gamergull

Gamergull
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Interesting. Do you have the latest version of Altitude? I'll look into this.

There would be some loading lag while the game loads the new group, but it's a great idea. I know that a few people have mentioned having the game spawn extra vehicles in "sleep mode" so that they could be hot swapped in (without loading delays or max CPU usage), and I would love to have that happen. Only time will tell!

We all get those moments sometimes :) .

• Like Like x 2
  10. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

This is an unexplained bug. Neilogical got the same problem at WCUSA in a Mark IV Tank

11. HighDef

HighDef
    Expand Collapse
    Game Design, QA and burnouts.
    BeamNG Team

Press shift-alt-U to bring up the UI app editor and add the Navigation app, this will show you if there are AI roads or not as they only show up if they are.

12. DAYTONAAAAA

DAYTONAAAAA
    Expand Collapse

I kinda fail to understand how to set up the "custom" traffic.
    Do I have to unpack the mod then create a custom txt file somewhere?
    --- Post updated ---
    Oh, and
    is it just my game or do you guys have an issue with the Top Down camera? It seems to be broken on my game. Only with LC and Traffic Tool enabled though.

13. SubaruSTI07™

SubaruSTI07™
    Expand Collapse

No works fine here. 20190805201008_1.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. DAYTONAAAAA

DAYTONAAAAA
    Expand Collapse

When you go faster, it should begin to zoom out. Does it?
    It basically works like the GTA 2 camera.

15. SubaruSTI07™

SubaruSTI07™
    Expand Collapse

No it stays normal.

16. DAYTONAAAAA

DAYTONAAAAA
    Expand Collapse

Hm... In that case, it's somewhat broken :/

17. GianniPower

GianniPower
    Expand Collapse

Hi, i wanted to describe a problem: so i've spawned 9 (except mine) vehicles manually and when i press "GO" they don't move.
    Yesterday i used the mod and it worked, but i've spawned vehicles with the mod function and not manually. What could be the problem? Thanks for helping

Attached Files:

• 25372FA1-B835-412F-9D9F-7471D57B437D.jpeg
  18. Jeppoer

Jeppoer
    Expand Collapse

Are you holding the clutch and/or brakes while spawning cars? The AI doesn't know if those are pressed and will not move or shift up. It is a bad habit of mine and it gets me sometimes when spawning cars like you do...
    Otherwise try reinstalling the mod or clearing the game's cache?

19. GianniPower

GianniPower
    Expand Collapse

No, not holding anything; let me trying spawning cars with AI tool spawner and then replace them manually instead of directly spawning them. Let see if it works.
    --- Post updated ---
    Oh well...both cleaned cache and reinstalled the mod but...still don't work
    But it works with spawned cars with the in-mod tool
    Do not work for custom manually replaced or directly spawned cars

#519 GianniPower, Aug 10, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
  20. Gamergull

Gamergull
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Interesting. I think it's happening because my script grabs every vehicle's .json data (to check if it's a vehicle, trailer, or prop; plus other things), and it either can't find the .json needed, or there's an internal error somewhere.

Specifically, which mod vehicle isn't working? I'd like to check so I can proof against this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice