Unsolved Traffic and Mod Cars

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by Derp_de_Herp, Jul 21, 2020.

1. Derp_de_Herp

Derp_de_Herp
    Expand Collapse

So let's say you were making a brand-new vehicle, how would you go about making it traffic-compatible so that you can spawn it in, turn on traffic, and it'll behave just like how vanilla cars would, like with the part where they change colors? What criteria must be met within the relevant JSON files in order for the game to determine that the car is not, in fact, a service/custom/police vehicle which shouldn't change colors?

I know for a fact that the main thing at play is if the config spawned has "Config Type":"Factory" in its info.json, but I've been toying around with some modded cars (namely the ETK-W) trying to get them to change colors when spawned and used as traffic AI, and they not only have the config type as factory, but the info.json for the vehicle, and the individual ones each of the configs have assigned to them, all seem to replicate those that are in the base game (namely, the ETK-I JSONs).

What's been boggling my mind is simply: why is it that some other mod cars I have installed, when they replicate the vanilla vehicle info.json formats (config type factory, type = car, and all that stuff) will work just fine in traffic, while some others won't? Besides obvious stuff like names, descriptions, and stats, I literally cannot find a single difference where I'd imagine it'd cause the game to treat the mod car(s) in question differently.

Any and all assistance is appreciated!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice