tractor tracks

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by AR162B, Oct 23, 2014.

1. AR162B

AR162B
    Expand Collapse

Hey guys, I'm not sure whether this is possible, but it might be a nice addition to the diversity of roads; From what I've seen (I'm not able to play EC USA, so if these roads already exist, please neglect this post :p )

Currently (to my knowledge) all roads are at least as wide as one lane. I know there are already dirt roads with erosion at the tire track area and there are overgrown dirt roads. Maybe it's an idea to add another kind?
    These tractor tracks (I'm not sure how they are called) still have vegetation in between the tracks, and the track area might even be a bit lower compared to the surrounding field due to erosion. So it's only drivable by car with a high ground clearance.

I think it would look great in (tall) grass fields (sand tire tracks?) but also in wooded areas (mud tire tracks with some deep mud puddles?).

Cheers! :)

wheat-field-20595603.jpg path-tractor-tracks-field-ripening-wheat-typical-agricultural-polder-landscape-netherlands-culti.jpg
    Forest-of-Dean-008.jpg 1638920.jpg
    Tractor_Tracks_in_the_Mud_-_geograph.org.uk_-_1065755.jpg Mud+Tracks.jpg

2. Again_Dejavu

Again_Dejavu
    Expand Collapse

Neat idea. The one problem I see is that grass and other vegetation doesn't current affect vehicles and vehicles can't effect it. Would look funky.

3. AR162B

AR162B
    Expand Collapse

I think it will already be great if the tracks have a different level of grip and/or resistance compared to the surrounding area, and in case of the mud tracks, if a normal street car gets stuck because the bottom of the car is resting on the center section of the track.

Thereby; aren't those tractor tracks through grass/corn fields typical for the US? :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice