Released Trackfab autobello open-wheel buggy 3.0

Autobello based buggy/sandrail

1. PolishPetrolhead

PolishPetrolhead
    Expand Collapse

if anyone capable tackles a problem of swapping a different engine into the car then I would like to request screenshots in this thread and maybe an upload to the repo if possible.

2. ABYAZ

ABYAZ
    Expand Collapse

i installed the mod but it was plain coloured,also there was no engine sound. why?

#22 ABYAZ, Sep 5, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
  3. SebastianJDM

SebastianJDM
    Expand Collapse

as for engines, the dohc miramar engine looks damn good, not to mention the fact that it's a screamer. would be nice for a track-focused or hillclimb version with sequential gears and big wings.

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

I found two problem
    1. The sequential is too jerky, please use Pessima's instead of Sunburst's sequential transmission
    2. The rev limiter need to adjust to 6000 RPM if Stage 2 Performance Long Block is used

5. PolishPetrolhead

PolishPetrolhead
    Expand Collapse

When is the update rolling out?

6. TrackpadUser

TrackpadUser
    Expand Collapse

When it will be ready.

I'll check out the rev limiter. I just threw the regular rev limited on all the cars, I'll switch to a properly adjusted adjustable limiter on all variants for the next update.

As for the transmission, I don't really understand what you mean. The only values taken from the Sunburst are the values related to clutch, the rest is a copy of the Autobello's 5 speed manual.

Here's a quick progress pic.

upload_2019-9-10_18-7-51.png

• Like Like x 8
  7. logan__

logan__
    Expand Collapse

can you add a LED lightbar?

8. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

The lockspringcoef only present in Sunburst ,not in Pessima or SBR4 sequentials. Sunburst sequentials are difficult to drive,they tend to bounce the RPM while downshifting, making tires to lose traction.

A reference of Rev limiter. The Piccolina Rally has Stage 1, Rev limiter at about 5800. Piccolina Track has Stage 2 block, Rev limiter at about 6050

#28 default0.0player, Sep 11, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
  9. Fapp

Fapp
    Expand Collapse

Can you add more engines to it please, and if possible can you give it power steering?

10. Im_a_Lefty

Im_a_Lefty
    Expand Collapse

The mod author said he is not planning on adding more engines. And I don’t think you would need power steering because I have one of these and it is quite easy to steer.

11. TrackpadUser

TrackpadUser
    Expand Collapse

The main issue with creating new engines is that I need to find/model an engine that fits within the fairly tight engine bay. I'll also need to make a new exhaust and radiator so it fits properly.

upload_2019-9-14_12-12-30.png

At the end of the day, considering this is mainly an off-road buggy mod with the on-road variants as a "bonus", I would just be spending a bunch of time making an engine that makes the car pretty much un-driveable off-road. I prefer spending that time on a new buggy which has enough suspension travel to handle some proper horsepower.

However as I know most people asking for "more engines" really mean "more power", I'll do some adjustments to the stock parts that should hopefully help a bit. I've already "buffed" the level 2 internals slightly, using the ultra heavy duty internals durability settings. This lets you run a turbo at 20psi along with level 2 internals, which is enough for around 240hp. This doesn't sound like much, but considering the sub 700kg weight in track configuration, that brings the power to weight ratio above most track variants of vanilla cars, and is enough for a 4 seconds 0-100kph.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. PolishPetrolhead

PolishPetrolhead
    Expand Collapse

Lightweight cars are so great. Muscle car boys be flexxin with four digit horsepower when you can have a suicide machine with "only" 240 hp. Coincidentally the gas mileage is way better as well. Lightweight for life <3

13. Fapp

Fapp
    Expand Collapse

are you on a sim wheel? because it is a little hard

14. Im_a_Lefty

Im_a_Lefty
    Expand Collapse

What's a sim wheel lol

15. PolishPetrolhead

PolishPetrolhead
    Expand Collapse

a setup of steering wheels with pedals, not a gamepad or keyboard

16. Im_a_Lefty

Im_a_Lefty
    Expand Collapse

Oh
    I meant I have one of these in real life

17. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

Maybe do a SBR4 swap if you haven't already?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. av1onic

av1onic
    Expand Collapse

Way too much weight on the rear axle, even for a buggy. Makes it very unstable, hard to slide in a controlled manner, very easy to spin. It often just spins when turning because the inside front wheel lifts up and the weight on the rear just yeets you into the barrier.

My suggestion: Move the fuel tank and radiator to the front completely, just in front of the cockpit or even close to the front suspension, then move the engine a bit forwards. Should help with the weight distribution.

Other than that, it's a legitemately amazing and very fun mod. Great idea.

19. PolishPetrolhead

PolishPetrolhead
    Expand Collapse

1. There is no radiator to move, it uses autobello air cooled engine
    2. I guess he could move the fuel tank but that's for OP to decide
    3. He most likely won't be moving the engine forwards, because it's hist first mod and he just copied and pasted autobello buggy frame and engine position, it would be difficult to redo that completely at this point. Unless you want to, OP, I'm not gonna tell you what not to do, I'm not your parents.
    4. Regarding your complaints about the handling: Git gud :p. Jokes aside, the buggy is developed to be mainly off road vehicle and it works very well as one. It was merely adapted to be a street car, so it's only reasonable not to expect flawless performance on tarmac.

• Like Like x 1
  20. TrackpadUser

TrackpadUser
    Expand Collapse

Some of the "interesting" handling characteristics are related to the fact it uses vanilla autobello suspension, which doesn't have a rear sway-bar. This is not something I plan to change. The suspension setup might be sub-optimal for the sportier road going variants however, as I haven't spend that much time on it. I'll probably revisit it at a later date.

I've added an optional front spare tire in the next version if you want to make the weight distribution a tad better.

And I don't plan on doing major changes to it at this point, mainly just adding components and tweaking a few things. The fuel tank is in the same position as many of the buggies this is inspired by.

If you really want to see it in it's element, I'd suggest driving the Baja Sportsman or Baja Mod variants around desert trails.
    https://www.beamng.com/resources/beamng-off-road-open-desert-trails-4096x4096.5438/

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice