1. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Trackday Fun Race Championship

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Capkirk, Jun 20, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Capkirk

Capkirk
    Expand Collapse

Seeing as my last race championship was somewhat popular, I have decided to run another one. This championship will be using modern trackday cars. They're not full race cars, only tuned street cars, so they lack roll cages, aero, and other race modifications, but they still make over 400 HP and are more than capable of using it. They also retain ESC for those who want to use it, although I strongly recommend you disable it. The cars are avalible for download below.
    • ETK K-series: Either the stock ETK Trackday of @fufsgfen's tuned ETK can be used for this race, although fufsgfens ETK is a bit faster. It's considerable size makes it pretty stable, if not a bit understeery, and it is generally pretty well balanced.
    • Hirochi SBR4: Based on the S2, the tuned SBR4 is very fast in a straight line, and it's active aero helps a bit too. However, it's rear engine makes it quite twitchy, and snap oversteer is very much still prevalent.
    • Hirochi Sunburst: Although a bit out of it's class against supercars, the tuned sunburst is the lightest, making it plenty agile, and can be thrown around easily.
    • ETK 800: Based on the ttSport+, it is limited by the same engine as the K-series, despite being considerably heavier, making it the slowest. A good driver could still put up some decent competition, however.

Race #1:
    To participate, do this event by going to time trials, selecting Automation Test Track, and selecting Race Track Circuit. In the options settings, select 2 laps. Leave rolling start and reverse disabled. Change time of day to whatever you want. Post a screenshot of your time in this thread. If possible, please also upload a video or replay file of your best run. Post your time in this thread. In the video description or your post, include whether you used a keyboard, controller, or steering wheel. Be sure to include fastest lap and total lap, as well as a screenshot of the end.

Submissions for times due July 3rd, 2019.

Current Times:

1. @Capkirk : 4:07.382 - 2:03.149 (SBR)
    2. @_Tanco : 4:15.344 - 2:07.611 (K-Series)
    3. @waboll : 4:18.021 - 2:06.559 (Sunburst)

Attached Files:

#1 Capkirk, Jun 20, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
  2. waboll

waboll
    Expand Collapse

upload_2019-6-20_11-10-23.png
    i used a g27 with an hshifter

• Like Like x 1
  3. _Tanco

_Tanco
    Expand Collapse

I used a G29

Attached Files:

• 20190620122104_1.jpg
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Capkirk

Capkirk
    Expand Collapse

Updated. How do the cars handle for you?

5. waboll

waboll
    Expand Collapse

The sunburst handles very well for me

6. _Tanco

_Tanco
    Expand Collapse

The EKT handle really well, the full race brake pads are welcome because often during the race they overheat (but cooldown quickly), the car sometime oversteer but it is really well balanced.

#6 _Tanco, Jun 20, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
  7. umustbeloggedintododat

umustbeloggedintododat
    Expand Collapse

I used a keyboard. (automatic)
    screenshot_2019-06-20_18-06-21.jpg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice