Released Toyota Celica (fullfix Final Release)

Discussion in 'Land' started by Lurker, Nov 26, 2013.

1. Byodood

Byodood
    Expand Collapse

Re: Toyota Celica :D

"looks stolen"? the hell is that supposed to mean?
    "wow they drive a nice car... must be stolen!"

2. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

My first post explained this perfectly. Some guy, his first post on the forum is him talking about how he's been working on this car for a few weeks, and doesn't have a wireframe in the original post. Just go through all of the cancelled projects that are stolen meshes, they all look like that. The interior and the wheels were the covets. I had plenty of evidence to ask about it, but, it actually turned out to be a good mod. Now quit twisting my words around and leave me the hell alone

#42 Potato, Dec 5, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
  3. boshimi336

boshimi336
    Expand Collapse

Not to try and cut anyone down, just trying to interject some questions here, but as someone who does professional model and model project work for the medical industry ... screen shots are not something that is routinely taken. I have plenty of car, house, object, etc model projects at home done on my own time that I have occasionally ported into different games for my own use that I do not have 'in-process' screen shots for. If you are purposefully building it for a community and asking their feedback, then sure I guess it makes sense to have one or two images lying around; however, if you're just building it yourself and then going "Huh, I guess I need some jbeams setup and this model I made will be awesome in this game. I think I'll share it with the community!", why should that person get immediately attacked? I understand that blatant thievery is an issue in modded communities but that is not necessarily the issue. How do you tell a 'thief' apart from a 'genuine but usually reclusive individual'?

Other than common courtesy and crediting mod resources when possible and when permission is given (if there are any said resources that were used), is there an official 'Posting a Mod Rules - FAQ' someplace that people are required to adhere too? I ask because the forums seems to be sliding towards a more 'hostile' environment ever so slightly. I would love to see this community grow and so that's why I am concerned about this scenario.

If there is not a 'Posting a Mod Rules - FAQ' topic ... there should be one and it should be pinned. Then everyone can point to the rules. If there's not, then potentially innocent talented people can inadvertently be turned away and the community would be worse for it.

4. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

About the models: Yes, it is probably unfair to those who actually do their own stuff, but there have been a fair share of cancelled models because of stolen meshes/jbeam. Just go into the community showroom, filter it to just cancelled projects, you'll see what I am talking about. We did jump on him pretty quickly, but his original first post does look alot like most of the stolen ones. I now understand that it was just kind of a coincidence(not sure if that's the right word) that the thread looks like that. It was just a misunderstanding.
    The posting rules: Yes, we stray from them sometimes, including me. I usually try not to be too hostile or mean, and control my language. I like to add "character" to my posts. I need to wrap this up cause I'm very tired. I'll finish it tomorrow.

5. 98chevyz71

98chevyz71
    Expand Collapse

Love this Mod! thank you and that's Freaking hilarious

6. Jujune

Jujune
    Expand Collapse

Thank you for release this mod :)
    Its pretty cool!
    Just one thing: i think it needs better breaking lights because they are white not red.

Oh and a suggestion for a rear Window (because there isnt one in the.... trunk? :confused: back...thing....blaaaa dont know the word)

#46 Jujune, Dec 5, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
  7. 98chevyz71

98chevyz71
    Expand Collapse

ya they come on were the reverse lights go

8. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

indicators flash the brake lights (although I've only seen a UK spec celica which definitely has seperate indicator lights), brakes light the reverse lights.

9. BigMac

BigMac
    Expand Collapse

3 things,

1. The driving position is a bit iffy, needs to be slightly higher up

2. Are you gonna make the centre console higher quality?

3. Last but not least, the wheels look like they are off a grand piano, are you gonna enlarge them?

Apart from that, this mod is sick! (I understand that this is in early release, so please dont jump down my throat for suggesting these things. :D) Congrats from Wales!

EDIT - This happened when I spawned the Covet in after using the Celica for a few minutes

screenshot_00005.jpg screenshot_00006.png

#49 BigMac, Dec 6, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
  10. BBQ

BBQ
    Expand Collapse

This is not as bad as I thought it would be, infact, it was much better than I excepted. Some issues exist with it that you might fix to a new release:

Rear hatch seems like it's loose
    Suspension is a bit on the soft side
    Maybe it's a bit overpowered? (standard version)
    The cam inside the car is kinda low, I feel like a midget while in it :p

As said, the car was better than expected, and I'm glad it was that!

11. Deleted member 1747

Deleted member 1747
    Expand Collapse

Very good car. I like going round the Mazda Laguna seca in it as it's fast and easy to control.;)

12. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

For those who think the interior camera should be a bit higher, download and replace the file attached. It also has a copilot camera.

Attached Files:

13. Lurker

Lurker
    Expand Collapse

The normal one is the stock.
    The TRD (Toyota Racing Development) has the body kit.

- - - Updated - - -

Thats funny lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh man
    Ill fix that right away!

- - - Updated - - -

I just fixed it!

Thank you for posting that!!!

- - - Updated - - -

idk, That don't happen to me.

14. AMDFreak2006

AMDFreak2006
    Expand Collapse

The thing with the broken ( = gray color) covet happens to me too, when I try to use it after using the Celica.

Another Bug: By driving over a bump or a little hilly ground, the trunk lid is always swinging slightly. It is loose from the beginning. It doesn't open complete but it looks like as if the trunk lock is broken^^

maybe you could fix this :)

Apart from that it is an awesome model.

15. erikg123

erikg123
    Expand Collapse

Re: Toyota Celica (fixed back window)

Everyone's all crying about this being the covet, yeah no sh*t it's similar buddy said so in the first post. At least he's giving us some new stuff to play around with, I can't say the same for gabe, at least not in a while. So stop playing CSI and little annoying "well this looks alot like that" if you don't have anything useful for the rest of the community then just move along.

16. AMDFreak2006

AMDFreak2006
    Expand Collapse

@erikg123 ??? I haven't said anything against the car! And it doesn't interest me at all, on which car the Celica is based on. Its a great model. But i think it helps the modeler a lot, if we tell him, which bugs we find.

If your text was not adressed to me, than see this answer as irrelevant ;)

17. D7er5eer

D7er5eer
    Expand Collapse

:confused:What's the difference between the 2 versions?

18. Duhya2

Duhya2
    Expand Collapse

This vehicle looks very cool, one of my favourites. Sorry about the jerks around here who love to assume, and nitpick.

Keep working on your skills.

19. moosedks

moosedks
    Expand Collapse

read the damn thread bud he answered that. TRD has a body kit.

20. Snibeti-Snab

Snibeti-Snab
    Expand Collapse

YES! I drive one in real life, thank you so much! Looking forward for updates! :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice