Released Toyota AE86 Trueno/Levin

Discussion in 'Land' started by schumacher, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Slimeboy2015

Slimeboy2015
    Expand Collapse

GREAT MOD!!! really enjoy playing around with it. the only thing i don't like about it is that the blinkers are a bit to loud. apart from that all is good. but i have one question, when you go above 62mph a ring tone or a alarm goes of, what is it and what does it mean?

2. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

In Japan, they had that kind of warning sound in attempt to make people drive slower.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Slimeboy2015

Slimeboy2015
    Expand Collapse

OOHHHH! thats a cool detail. thx

4. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

So I had that right. When I heard it in game, I assumed it had to be a speed warning sound, like how some newer cars have seatbelt warnings that won't shut up until you put it on.

That sounds like a potential issue though. I don't know what the maximum speed limits in Japan are, but I know in the US some highways have a speed limit of around 70 MPH. Would that mean that you'd constantly hear that alarm ringing? Or did they remove that from the American Corollas?

5. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I belive it is only JDM equipment as it was required by the law in Japan, but not in US.

They had it set usually to 105kph according to this article (at the bottom):
    http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/news-japan-raises-national-its-speed-limit/

• Like Like x 1
  6. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

7. synsol

synsol
    Expand Collapse
    QA Lead
    BeamNG Team

The last page of this thread had been cleaned, please all remember that behind each forum account there is a human, be polite and friendly as you expect to be treated in real life.

Thank you for releasing your work, and sharing with the community, it's really appreciated. It makes complete sense to release it "early", as the game is on early access anyway ...
    In his actual state, the car is already super fun to drive for me and a lot of persons, then it's a success :)

• Like Like x 15
    • Agree Agree x 4
  8. lmao

lmao
    Expand Collapse

Running in the beamng's

• Like Like x 2
  9. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

So true. I totally agree with you, even with some of the flaws it has, it's still a very fun mod. I'm pretty thankful it got released, because before the 5th, I had my fingers tightly crossed hoping that it would someday be released, since unfortunately some mods never reach that mark.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. wangyiming721

wangyiming721
    Expand Collapse

11. Ytrewq

Ytrewq
    Expand Collapse

Many people ripped them out and did the right thing. This chime was a mega retarded idea. Doing 90 in a 50 zone is far more dangerous than doing 120 in a 105 zone.

12. KaiserimnopYT

KaiserimnopYT
    Expand Collapse

The mod itself is very nice good detail and I love the clock
    Also the config are realist and everything are realist
    And I guess that the signal is not a big deal
    @schumacher you made a great work like for scirocco and also take your time (as we talked some days ago)

13. Ytrewq

Ytrewq
    Expand Collapse

They aren't. Base configs are too powerful.
    --- Post updated ---
    It's not 100% complete, but a wip release. All fights around this began when people thought this half-baked wip is a full release.

• Agree Agree x 6
  14. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I would not say half baked, early WIP is better I think, most mods go trough many kind of states until they are ready, some aspects of this mod are more done than others, but definitely agree that all the mess is from it being Released and not WIP released, it sets certain expectations when mod is set to released and certainly will cause some shock when you have used seeing certain level from the modder and you find something totally different.

Such shock and surprise can then lead to misinterpretation on all sides.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. atv_123

atv_123
    Expand Collapse

My personal opinion... this mod is amazing. Took it for a spin up and down Pikes Peek yesterday with my G920 and the new force feedback system...oh man... the steering feedback in this car... its glorious. Just flick the wheel when entering a corner and needing countersteer and the car was right there every time. Slide after slide it had my back as we tackled the mountain... it courteously reminding me the whole way to be cautious as my speed was way over the warning chime setting. Then at the hairpins you just do a quick double down to second and release the clutch rather quickly to lock the rear tires up slightly, turn in, around you go, then pound the accelerator out the other side and you get fired out like a bullet.

Stelar car, epic mod... I am in love... I don't care about the quirks that all you guys seem to be picking up on... this thing is epic.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. RenAzuma66

RenAzuma66
    Expand Collapse

i had 14x8 Wangan RS's all around but the rear left wheel just flew off without even going on a bump and later pulled off a wheel with just 25% node grabber strength

17. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Oh it is a lot of fun and I guess one could see IRS as upgrade made to vehicle, I'm sure someone at some point has made such mod IRL! :D

18. Dayz Me Rollin'

Dayz Me Rollin'
    Expand Collapse

Only a matter of time before some mad man puts the solid axle in it ;)

19. atv_123

atv_123
    Expand Collapse

I'll be honest... I didn't look at the JBeam... I only had time to play with it for like... 20 minutes before I had do to other things around the house. Does it not have a solid axle in the rear? I mean... I could probably make one for it if I looked at it long enough.

20. Dayz Me Rollin'

Dayz Me Rollin'
    Expand Collapse

It uses the trail arms from the 200BX, but it should be possible to put the solid axle from the miramar or something in it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice