Toggle Mod/Vanilla Presets in List

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by ArcanErasmus, Dec 9, 2019.

?

Which UI option would you prefer?

1. Check box

40.0%
  2. Radio buttons

60.0%
  3. Dropdown

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ArcanErasmus

ArcanErasmus
    Expand Collapse

Once I turn on a bunch of mods, it becomes hard to sift through long preset lists (the D-series is a notorious offender, having lots of vanilla presets already, and lots of mods that add more). It would be nice to have, in the top bar (the one that has the back arrow on the left side), either a pair of check boxes, a couple radio buttons, or a dropdown. Regardless of the button style, the point would be to view All, Mod Only, or Beam/Official/Vanilla Only presets.

Check boxes wouldn't really make sense unless it was just one for "view mod presets".
    Radio buttons are probably the cleanest option, but take up more space.
    A dropdown is probably a little bit overkill, but more compact.

I try not to suggest things to game devs that would take more than a small amount of effort (relative to other features), and I think this would add a nice bit of QoL to the UI.

Thank you!

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Wheatley (The Third)

Wheatley (The Third)
    Expand Collapse

I agree, I have more than 150 mods loaded at all times, and when I open the D-Series vehicle list, I have to scroll several times before I get to the vanilla-off road configurations. The problem with the presets is that they are loaded with other mods that add nice and/or useful parts. A switch to help remove certain sources would help small issues like these very much.

An even more interesting idea is a sort feature for configurations that sorts by power, drive-train, or (as said above) source. The sort feature on configurations could also be a help to players, if they wish to find the most powerful vehicle (at least if the mod signals it's max power in info), or the most expensive.

This idea could definitely be expanded on, along with helping find the correct configuration. I would definitely like to see this added to the game sometime.

EDIT: Sorting for track section would be very cool as well.

#2 Wheatley (The Third), Dec 13, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice