1. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Tire Physics Changes - Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Leeloo, Jun 3, 2021.

1. Mjamfan22

Mjamfan22
    Expand Collapse

Im a developer for the CRD monster truck mod and i was wondering if there will be support for bigger tires. we run 66x44" tires and the skid marks are still as small as stock d series tires. also the ability to change how tires contact the ground would be awesome, maybe being able to bevel the jbeam. It would be easier to show you guys rather than try to explain it. But that would be awesome to see in a tire update.

• Agree Agree x 6
  2. Andrew James

Andrew James
    Expand Collapse

I'm eager to know any updates this has on drifting anytime. I am excited

3. SKB

SKB
    Expand Collapse

Slight bump.

Tire temps and wear when?

Anyway, the cars handle pretty well, and as far as I've heard from people who have wheels, seems like the ffb has been improved a whole lot too!
    :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Diamondback

Diamondback
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Systems Engineering
    BeamNG Team

Nothing to share on that front.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Rocker45

Rocker45
    Expand Collapse

The new tweaks to tires physics in this update is great, cars now maintain grip a lot better at the limit. Goodjob beam devs.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. JZStudios

JZStudios
    Expand Collapse

Did they change anything? I didn't see anything in the patch notes.

7. Rocker45

Rocker45
    Expand Collapse

I didn't notice anything tires related in the patch note, but the cars feel way more agile this update.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse

Could be FFB differences maybe

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. a plane guy

a plane guy
    Expand Collapse

This is unrelated to topic but congrats on 5000 messages!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse

Oh I didn't notice that lol thanks

• Like Like x 1
  11. kyleatkinson1994

kyleatkinson1994
    Expand Collapse

FFB changes greatly improved the overall feel of most tires. There's still a bit to be desired in terms of feeling when a tire is 'gripped up' vs 'on the edge' but it's at least a noticeable difference now instead of just relying on tire audio feedback.

- Edit -

This feedback mostly applies to sport/race tires on paved surfaces. The offroad/rally tires still feel a bit numb to me, but, that's probably me being picky. It's just tough to feel the difference in grip levels between surfaces with offroad/rally tires IMO, the transitions are almost seamless. Even a gravel tire will have a good level of grip on a paved surface, however, it feels very vague in terms of having/losing grip.

#91 kyleatkinson1994, Dec 8, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

I really second that last post about the improved FFB. Ive even recorded a vid of the Hill Climb old Pessima on Nurburgring JUST to show how much grip there is now and how good the FFB is becoming. Also randomly commented about it on various sim racers YT channels because BeamNG>All

One big thing that impacts the 'gripped up' feeling which is oh so important for everything FFB is the Side Accel Forces, ive increased that to 250% (running it at 150% right now) in the inputmap file. That makes it oh so much tighter and i can tell much better what the rest of the car is doing, not only the front wheels. Now, 250% might have downsides that i dont see or feel but this is what im using now:

Logitech G920

Strength 750-1000
    Smoothing 0 (YES zero, thanks to the side accel forces centering the wheel when standing still i assume)
    Side Accel Forces 100-250% depending on my taste for a particular vehicle. Running 150% at the moment but will probably return to 250%
    Reduce while parked OFF

Power steering enabled on all vehicles (it really works great with these settings)

Throttle pedal curve value 3
    Brake pedal curve value 2.7
    Clutch pedal curve value 0.3

Side Accel Forces in the inputmap file shown below.

EDIT: Actually tried Side Accel Forces at 350% (RIP arms) and i can feel the rumble strips much much better.

EDIT 2: I made a mod of it, youll find it under the Mods and Skins subforum :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

• kanelbulle.png
    #92 Brother_Dave, Dec 20, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice