Thrustmaster T3PA Pedal set not working

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by gigawert, Jun 17, 2016.

1. gigawert

gigawert
    Expand Collapse

I have tried everything. Updating "drivers", resetting Windows recalibration, but no matter what I do, absolutely no game, or Windows, recognizes the Z axis. The previous pedals for my wheel at least provided some input but they were busted and very loose. Is there anything I can do?

2. rarrix

rarrix
    Expand Collapse

I have the same issue, how have you solved yours?

3. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

He has not posted anything in last year, so chance to answer might be small.

Which wheel you have?

With T150 there is switch that needs to be PS3 and not PS4 position, other than that, maybe connector has some fault. I have T3PA pedals with T150 and can't remember any issues of such, so I suspect it could be hardware side of things.

4. rarrix

rarrix
    Expand Collapse

I have the T300 Alcantara edition. I have it set on the PS3 mode and both the pedals and the base worked the last two months. I have recently purchased a playseat and remounted everything. After mounting on the playseat, the pedals do not register.

I tried restarting the PC. I tried updating the firmware to the latest version. Did not help. I tried several cold boots, none of which helped. I checked all cables and their respective connectors in the pedal base and in the wheel base. Here I noticed that the cable from the pedals to the wheel base felt slightly loose in the slot in the wheel base. In all cases the wheel was detected correctly, the calibration went through and the control panel saw the wheel base, but not the pedals.

5. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

How long screws/bolts? Can't remember if there was a chance of hitting potentiometer if using too long screws.

Cable that comes from pedals and connects to wheel base, take it out and check from wheel base side that thing metal strips are not bent.

6. rarrix

rarrix
    Expand Collapse

I did not mount the pedals with the bolts, as the playseat was incompatible. I mounted the pedals only with duct tape.
    The wheelbase was mounted with slightly longer screws then recommended.

There are two parts - the cable head, which looks similar to an Ethernet cable. That looks to my knowledge OK.
    The other part is the slot in the wheel base. This has six thin metal strips, of which three are extended lower into the slot and three are higher in the slot.

7. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Mine is like this, if it is any help:
    upload_2019-5-21_15-6-50.png

8. rarrix

rarrix
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, it looks exactly like that.

I wrote a support ticket to Thrustmaster, but I might just buy a different set of pedals.

9. rarrix

rarrix
    Expand Collapse

Ok, so for anyone having the same issue...
    It was really the pedals. I bought the T3PA-Pro set and everything works all right now.

• Informative Informative x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice