the problem with being a small roblox developer

Discussion in 'BeamNG Robloxians' started by dinosaur202, Aug 2, 2017.

1. dinosaur202

dinosaur202
    Expand Collapse

usually if you aren't on roblox studio, the other devs will demolish your game with free models, even though you have seen them build models, and you told them not to use the free ones..

ROBLOX's system keeps any small games from getting big.
    Instead of putting something like "new games"
    or "recently updated"
    they put "top earning"
    WHY do we care about how rich a roblox user is? I think that section is to mock small developers.
    It's like they are forcing you to fork over thousands of robux to get one or two clicks on your ad.

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. FireStriker

FireStriker
    Expand Collapse

What I don't get is why games only made of free models *cough cough* Adopt and raise a kid *cough cough* get so many visits in so little time and games without free models often don't get so popular.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. nastygdigger

nastygdigger
    Expand Collapse

Well.. Roblox is dead. im about to leave roblox one day.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Plymouth Superbird 1970

Plymouth Superbird 1970
    Expand Collapse

Because little shits today, like 5 to 8 year olds are pure bloody retarded little craps, they're degenerates and are failing the human race.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. dinosaur202

dinosaur202
    Expand Collapse

i guess they like those kinds of roleplay games?
    actually that is kind of creepy.
    Usually its the trolls that do the creepy stuff tho.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

I know you own the group and all of that, but I say get out as fast as you can. Its not dead, its corrupt. Don't waste your time on it anymore. I came back for just a short amount of time at the begining of the summer and felt alienated. What I was used to doing was gonna get me banned, and I had plenty of work that could potentially get my account removed. And it seems to just keep getting worse by the day.

As for the O.P, ROBLOX has been that way ever since I joined it back in 2010. Free model games, hypocrites dissing free models, and people dumping absurd amounts of (at the time) TIX into their advertisements for optimal exposure. The categories have just gotten worse and sorting has turned into a joke.

If you want your game to be popular, assuming you're still interested in keeping a game going on ROBLOX, Go make friends and spread the word of your game among them and tell them to talk to their friends to get them to play it.

Of course this only works if you have a game that is worth playing. If no one wants to play your game for a decent period of time, and it doesn't have good replay value, well, no one is going to keep playing your game.
    However, if you have good replay value in your game, and your game is somewhat addictive to players, it will become somewhat successful if you get it out there through the means I mentioned above. Then, if you have the money, you can pay for the ads if you want to. Which you might want to, since it could potentially bring in more new players to your project or game.

There really isn't a problem with being a small developer on ROBLOX if you want to get yourself past the mess that is the entire site right now, its just up to you to get the game exposed, and make it decent.

And FYI, Criticism, Fair or unfair, is a certainty. Now how you deal with it can make or break you as a game creator on ROBLOX.

Now I Wouldn't advise anyone keep playing ROBLOX or developing ROBLOX content, but that is your choice.

7. nastygdigger

nastygdigger
    Expand Collapse

That's why i am not on roblox unless for group things til after a small bit more. then im done.

8. fivedollarlamp

fivedollarlamp
    Expand Collapse

I love ROBLOX lots, I advise you to check out my brothers build showcase that I helped him a lot on.

9. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

I advise you check out my work too if you haven't already. I think I left my 1979 showcase up and open, which shows off basically all of what I used to do on ROBLOX. Also if I left it up, 1959 is another good one. But I don't remember what I all left up when I left the site.

Username is BrightAndCreative, if you're wondering. I won't be getting on ROBLOX anytime soon since I disagree with their business practices and their zero tolerance rule enforcement.

10. fivedollarlamp

fivedollarlamp
    Expand Collapse

I've seen those showcases before, stunning <3

bro's username is "99usernamestaken" , the build is on his profile.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice