The last episode of Top Gear. [DO NOT POST SPOILERS]

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Mythbuster, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Mythbuster

Mythbuster
    Expand Collapse

Well, what did you guys think?
    I thought it was uhm.. heavy... Could tell that the films were never meant to carry "the end of Top Gear". Really good films, but ... not meant for *that*. Then after I read this(you may want to wait after you've seen the episode), it feels even more weird.

http://imgur.com/a/TmEmY

2. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

"Working on Top Gear is like building a jigsaw. You put all 1000 pieces together and stand back and go 'Yes! I'm very proud of that' and then you smash it all up and put it in the box." -Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear Season 22 Episode 8

3. 14ramosr

14ramosr
    Expand Collapse

The ending was a little bit sad, but actually im glad in a way that their reign of top gear has ended. Top gear had gotten to the point of being attacked by the P.C. crowd over every tiny little thing possible. The show was still good, but it was essentially being censored when it really didnt need to be. Now i hope that with their new show, they are given more creative power and arent as controlled by "political correctness", because that just makes it worse for everybody

4. Joeyfuller2000

Joeyfuller2000
    Expand Collapse

Top gear is gone. Forever. :( :( :(

5. JackAttak

JackAttak
    Expand Collapse

Just watched it. The studio parts felt wrong without Clarkson and without anything to talk about other than the films. The films were great though. The classic car one was good, but the SUV one was amazing. Just like we're all saying here, it's sad that it's the end of an era for BBC Top Gear, but I'm glad all three are getting picked up by another production company for another car show. Let's just hope it'll be as good, if not better than the BBC's Top Gear.
    Also, this is my second favorite quote from the episode:

"Come on grippy penis wheels!"

#5 JackAttak, Jun 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  6. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Im sure there was a quote of Jeremy mentioning something (satirically) along the lines about not wanting to work on Top Gear anymore. I laughed when he said that due to the irony.

7. Stiggy111

Stiggy111
    Expand Collapse

Did this air in the US? If it did, I cannot find it on BBC America. I went to a baseball game last night with my 'I AM THE STIG' shirt. I was put on the big screen and I started pointing to my shirt and nodding. There were so many people cheering.

8. NistingurA

NistingurA
    Expand Collapse

I could not watch it yet :/ It´s not sended in Germany at the time

9. MetalMilitia623

MetalMilitia623
    Expand Collapse

The films were great, the studio portions seems a bit uncomfortable. Like Richard and James just didn't really want to carry the burden of ending Top Gear like that. It just felt forced to me. Still glad to see they will be back together in some form soon, hopefully it'll be as good if not better than what they have done already.

10. MOHAAPlayer

MOHAAPlayer
    Expand Collapse

My post got deleted for some reason, if you want a link to the last EP, PM me

11. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

From what I can see it's because that link looks sketchy af.

I believe this is a more 'trusty' path.

#11 Nadeox1, Jul 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  12. Kinect

Kinect
    Expand Collapse

When i open it i saw something.

Sory :p

Attached Files:

• image.jpg
  13. LucarioLord

LucarioLord
    Expand Collapse

Am I funny yet?

Lol but in seriousness, as an american, Top Gear isn't readily available on standard programming and I don't watch the BBC channels we get enough to figure out the airing times. Anyone know if the entire series is on the USA netflix?

Attached Files:

• AS-PTM55SBS.jpg
  14. JackAttak

JackAttak
    Expand Collapse

Some if it is on Netflix, but they're missing a lot. If you're really determined, just pirate it.

15. Koenigsegg

Koenigsegg
    Expand Collapse

not exactly. theres a new car show with all of them in it and BBC to tell them to be safe on them carz

- - - Updated - - -

when they add seasons they take off old seasons...

16. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Well, Top Gear is continuing but with new presenters. I think chris evans got the part not sure about anyone else, he is a bbc radio host who is very into cars and who has actually appeared on top gear before. While im not really a fan of his radio show it would be interesting to see how top gear runs with him.

As well as this the old presenters will probably start a new show on a different service. So this effectively means we are getting two car shows now instead of one.

In case you need evidence of chris evans being a car fan then have a look at his garage, as shown on top gear with james may.
    20p353.png

17. vladmir poopin

vladmir poopin
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

spoiler alert!

it was the last episode

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice