WIP Beta released The CrashHard Classic (0.95)

Discussion in 'Land' started by CrashHard, Aug 29, 2020.

1. Crazyjr

Crazyjr
    Expand Collapse

Awesome mod, left a 5 star on reviews. just a few suggestions, I'd like to make
    #1. Perhaps some more modern suspensions, the old one is a bit bouncy. I assume that was setup that way
    #2. More engine options, Like sm Block or BB Chevy's, maybe an old Chrysler Hemi? Some turbos and superchargers as well
    #3. The drag racer needs a wheelie bar, when i hit the nitrous it nearly flips backwards.

These are just suggestions, love it as is though

• Like Like x 1
  2. CrashHard

CrashHard
    Expand Collapse

Thank you for the kind review, and sure I'm open for suggestions, but I do not have it in me to make any more compete engine models for this mod (that is so much work)
    Smaller part maybe in time :)
    And have you tried for the suspension to add the sports dempers I made for it. It helps to settle the car a bit :)

3. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

lua.png
    Uhh... Maybe this is the reason why it lags so much? It's actually really easy to fix from what I can tell

4. Crazyjr

Crazyjr
    Expand Collapse

I really only tried the drag racer so far, not messed with the suspension yet. I noticed the engines were like 7.4 L, I don't think flatheads were that big mercury was like 3.9L), but 1200 HP is nice. Honestly i don't care about the look, so if you didn't model it, wouldn't bother me much. I'm not big on realism, just the performance, so i assume the high displacement, was for outright power

5. Cop

Cop
    Expand Collapse

I love this mod old classic! Though, what wheels are used for this car? I just find it amusing how this car is older than the burnside, yet it wheels can take high speeds without popping

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. coolgamer55

coolgamer55
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

@CrashHard nice mod also i did try the low spec pc body i saw no fps change i think like a i4 from the legran for ppl who don't like v8 engines also good luck with the mod :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. XTreaserX

XTreaserX
    Expand Collapse

my browser is opera

8. coolgamer55

coolgamer55
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

update your beamng drive for it to work use this for how to update the game or if you bought the game from steam it will auto update. Updating the game - BeamNG

9. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

Other than the known issues, I noticed that changing the fuel level in the Tuning tab doesn't actually affect the fuel level. Could this be fixed?

10. B3_Burner

B3_Burner
    Expand Collapse

Mr. Crash Hard,

Wow! Have you been busy the past few days. Just updated the "CH" roadsters from your 02-Sep-2020 2100hrs UTC update, and what a difference. I love that they're manual transmissions now. The automatics just didn't seem quite right. The colors are perfect for the choices I'd have imagined for the era.

I like that when I pop the clutch the glove box door goes flying open! For me the greatest challenge will be to have a smooth start without that happening.
    The eye candy factor is off the charts. As for how accurate the drive model is, I cannot say. I've never driven anything this old, and my grandfather on my dad's side, who would have vouched for one of these, passed away in 2006. I know the steering gets a tad squirrely at higher speeds, but I don't know if that's intended, or my joystick needs calibration. I'm thinking the former.

Uhhh.... I'll just say this: You outdid yourself on this one. There is nothing else in the game like it. May never be again. Sorry to hear about the burnout, but if you have to burnout on something, you picked a good one to burnout on (take that as a compliment-- even if it seems like a back-handed one. That was not my intention). What I mean is, at least you're not going out on a Pigeon remake! LOL

But what I know of burnout, is 95% of the time, for those who are dedicated, it seldom means out forever, it just mean hiatus, and at some point I'm confident you'll be back in some capacity.

Good job... you've earned your break. Now go have that margarita on the beach!!!!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Plymouth Superbird 1970

Plymouth Superbird 1970
    Expand Collapse

How on earth is your Heron still working?

12. CrashHard

CrashHard
    Expand Collapse

Yes I have seen these error messages, but I have no idea what they mean. So if you know how to fix that do let me know :)

Edit: I have had some complaints about my choice of color for some of the suspension parts. (they are textured)
    If anyone could help me with the code for how to make them paintable using the 2nd and 3rd color picker, I will look into adding that when I get of work later today. Would save me some time :)

#112 CrashHard, Sep 4, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2020
  13. Belvedere58

Belvedere58
    Expand Collapse

I rated you 4 because of the automatic transmission and you said you'd update it--a day later and you did! Wow!

Question: Why does the engine not register any temperature?

14. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

"String value" means that you used text instead of numbers. So I guess you just wrote like "9000" instead of 9000 in these lines. The same problem is in your dummy mod too. Just delete the apostrophes and it should be ok.

15. CrashHard

CrashHard
    Expand Collapse

Thank you so much, this is in every part that can fall off the car, so all the files have this error in them, Wow. Have something to do this weekend at least :p

16. B3_Burner

B3_Burner
    Expand Collapse

The engine might not, but the clutch sure does.

17. CrashHard

CrashHard
    Expand Collapse

I have looked into the engine not heating up and have fixed it. (update soon)
    But the overheating clutch is a still a problem for the variant that use the old wheels I made for the mod. If you use any other wheels from the game the clutch is fine.

18. B3_Burner

B3_Burner
    Expand Collapse

Oh okay. Cool. I still can't get over how good these look and feel when I drive them. They help fill a gap sorely missing before the Burnside Special.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Plymouth Superbird 1970

Plymouth Superbird 1970
    Expand Collapse

Absolutely. It's refreshing to have an old (near) vintage car in BeamNG again, since the Heron is morbidly outdated. Thank you Crash Hard!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Zawmbbeh

Zawmbbeh
    Expand Collapse

Wonderful mod, I love to see a new 30's car in any game. It runs great on my computer and I love looking at it for hours, especially all crumpled up.

Critiques!
    -Doors take a billion N of force to open with the drag key
    -Color reverts to preset when setting a new home
    -the bumpers occasionally superstretch when colliding at high speeds
    -gauges go dark under certain angles of Ambient Occlusion (could just be BeamNG)

Suggestions!
    -hot rod designs (straight pipes, superchargers, etc)
    -luxury interior (red leather or somethin)
    -horns (one outside the window and one on the wheel)
    -police model

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice