Released T-Series Drivetrain Expansion

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by epicfacecanada, Dec 26, 2023.

1. Loser2817

Loser2817
    Expand Collapse

It's Monday today. Repo is still not up to date.

2. KevIcon

KevIcon
    Expand Collapse

BeamNG Office is mainly located in Europe and it's literally 2-4am there, let alone in the US as its only 7pm-10pm as this was posted, have a bit of commonsense perhaps?

3. catchow1977

catchow1977
    Expand Collapse

the repo is normally updated by 6am est so it is later than normal

4. xivmako

xivmako
    Expand Collapse

you should make a config of logging trucks commonly found in British Colombia with front mud flaps,offroad tires and a tri axle

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. PIGON

PIGON
    Expand Collapse

Amazing! Thank you for still updating this mod :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Loser2817

Loser2817
    Expand Collapse

I just got a bit of a doubt: what are the differences between the Passive and the Active steering on the lift axles?

7. epicfacecanada

epicfacecanada
    Expand Collapse

Update 0.61.1
    screenshot_2024-09-23_04-14-21.png
    screenshot_2024-09-23_04-03-59.png
    - Re-implemented Twin Steer AWD using the new axles. Also used the much nicer transfer case model from the MD and improved driveshaft placement
    - Fixed a bug with aluminum rims on lift axles
    - Altered M.S.V.W Config to be Full-Time 8x8 Drive
    - Added TC84 'Dirt-Runner' Config
    - Added TV80 Sleeper Twinsteer
    screenshot_2024-09-23_03-06-54.png screenshot_2024-09-23_03-06-47.png

Glad you enjoy it and hopefully you'll like this latest update.

Passive steering doesn't have any mechanism to force the wheels to turn. Rather the wheels angle such that they will loosely follow the direction of travel. This acts very similar to the caster wheels you see on shopping trolleys. With those it won't actively help turning but it also won't fight turning.

Active steering there is a hydraulic that forces the wheels to turn according to the steering wheel input. This will actively help rotate the vehicle. Though to work well the steering angle should adjusted on a per-config basis.

Logging trucks and tri-drive is already a base game thing. Front mud flaps I might look into.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
  8. Loser2817

Loser2817
    Expand Collapse

I remember when this mod actually had front fenders.

9. TOP SECRET LADA

TOP SECRET LADA
    Expand Collapse

Some things I noticed when using the latest version is that the AWD twin-steer doesn't work properly on some configs being that only the rear axle is being driven, also that the axle shafts are also missing. and that putting the short sloped frame ending on a config that is is a tridem + lift axle and AWD twin-steer crashes the game.

Attached Files:

10. epicfacecanada

epicfacecanada
    Expand Collapse

??? I don't know what your on about. The twinsteer fenders for conventional cabs were added a decent while ago but they never left the mod. There's even wide wheel and TV-80 variants of them now.

Might be something with how wide wheels attach to the front hubs, I'll have to investigate later. As for the game crash could you post an error log of that so I have something to start from for investigating

11. TheSillyShithead

TheSillyShithead
    Expand Collapse

12. TOP SECRET LADA

TOP SECRET LADA
    Expand Collapse

the thing with the front AWD twin-steer axle not working on some configs is still a problem, wide or normal wheel size the front axle is still not being driven. also idk if its a mod or t-series thing but on the set up in the video (single rear suspension + front and rear lift axles), after activating the lift axles after a few seconds the parking break will come on and will stay on. only happens with that set up. it dose it if its a twin-steer or just normal. frame endings don't effect it ether

Edit: it still is crashing i thought it was because the save config I was using was from the previous version but it still crashes. I'm not for sure if that the log your looking for because I don't see anything called error log just that.

I think it has to do something with the lift axle and the AWD twin-steer front axles. If I remove the lift axle I can put on the sloped frame end with the AWD twin-steer axles. And if I remove the AWD twin-steer axles I can put the lift axle back on with the sloped frame ending on. But if I put the AWD twin-steer axles back on it will crash. and the same if I put the lift axle on with the AWD twin-steer axles on. So I'm pretty sure its something to do with these 3 parts ( AWD twin-steer axles, Lift axle and the strait sloped frame ending) on both the long and medium length upfit frames. hopes this info helps

The parking brake issue also happens with the (tandem rear suspension + front and rear lift axles) just tested it.

Attached Files:

#732 TOP SECRET LADA, Sep 26, 2024 at 2:13 AM
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2024 at 6:24 AM
  13. Loser2817

Loser2817
    Expand Collapse

Ah sorry, I meant the front mudflaps. They used to be on this mod a long while ago; hopefully you can figure out how to bring them back, assuming it's still possible.
    --- Post updated ---
    Also, apparently the left twinsteer fender's mesh didn't get removed correctly, so it still gets pushed out of place by the exhaust stacks.

14. BanG Dreamer

BanG Dreamer
    Expand Collapse

Hey EFC,
    Can you add more axles to make T-Series as an 6 to 14 axles truck?

Also thank you for updating the mod.

#734 BanG Dreamer, Sep 26, 2024 at 5:17 AM
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2024 at 5:37 AM
  15. GavrilMan2973

GavrilMan2973
    Expand Collapse

He just released a whole update, at least take the time to be appreciative of his hard work.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. TOP SECRET LADA

TOP SECRET LADA
    Expand Collapse

14 axles‽ the hell you trying to make, the MAZ 7907. and that thing only has 12 and its 28 meters long. given this is including the cab, the gap in the middle and the that wheels are 1300x700R533

17. epicfacecanada

epicfacecanada
    Expand Collapse

AWD I'll have to look into. With the lift axles they take a lot of air lower/raise. This is problem is compounded by having two lift axles often resulting in them sucking all air pressure from the truck when dropped together. I've added a high volume air compressor to help but I still recommend dropping one axle, waiting for the air pressure to build back up and then drop the other.

Also maybe try completely deleting my mod and reinstalling the latest version. I know I move a bunch of things around these past few updates. Especially for the AWD.

Maybe. Apparently there are still bugs to be addressed with the AWD so that is priority. As for fenders I thought they didn't have a collision issue but maybe that changed in 0.33.

No. The current axle count is as many as I'm willing to do.

• Like Like x 2
  18. xivmako

xivmako
    Expand Collapse

i dont think you can have the logging uplift on a tri drive tho

19. TOP SECRET LADA

TOP SECRET LADA
    Expand Collapse

Yeah it still crashes. I already had the latest one so I deleted it did a cache clear, the deep one. and then downloaded the mod again then put it back in. but I still have the same problem. also it happens on both Direct-x and Vulkan because I use vulkan.

#739 TOP SECRET LADA, Sep 26, 2024 at 8:01 AM
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2024 at 6:00 AM
  20. epicfacecanada

epicfacecanada
    Expand Collapse

screenshot_2024-09-26_00-18-49.png screenshot_2024-09-26_00-20-08.png
    I'm pretty sure you can. With some front frames they do disable tridrive for the medium upfit frame (Cabover Day Cab IIRC) but most you can.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice