Released T-Series Drivetrain Expansion

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by epicfacecanada, Dec 26, 2023.

1. Loser2817

Loser2817
    Expand Collapse

Given that using the Twinsteer Conventional Day Cab and the Tridem axle sets still leaves a unusable void in the middle, that'd be a bonus.

Lifted Rear Leaf Springs? I'm not sure how that would work without imploding the entire JBeam like the B-Series.

• Like Like x 1
  2. epicfacecanada

epicfacecanada
    Expand Collapse

Neither of those truck have waking beams. I work on trucks like this for a living and can tell from the suspension mounts that both have airbag suspension( likely Hendrickson or Neway). The only examples I've seen of tridem axles using walking beam is RideWell trailer suspension.

I've tried making lifted rear leafs but they caused far too many issues with articulation, driveshaft limits, Jbeam instability, etc.

• Like Like x 4
  3. NoRageYT

NoRageYT
    Expand Collapse

damn im pretty slow my bad. that makes sense, hopefully it can be done in the future if t-series gets another update

• Like Like x 1
  4. EUDM fanboy

EUDM fanboy
    Expand Collapse

What about tristeer?

• Like Like x 3
  5. Loser2817

Loser2817
    Expand Collapse

I don't know if that even exists, but now I have to see it happen.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Mattmax051409

Mattmax051409
    Expand Collapse

That front looks oddly familiar?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Loser2817

Loser2817
    Expand Collapse

Concerning the Cabover front frames, is there functionally any difference between each intake pipe variant?
    --- Post updated ---
    Also, I noticed a notable problem: if you equip any of the Wide Front Wheels, the truck sometimes refuses to turn for no reason.

8. Mattmax051409

Mattmax051409
    Expand Collapse

I wonder what name would that TC-83 with the Goliath style/inspired front on Page 22 will have just like the FATT config on the Wendover?

9. GavrilMan2973

GavrilMan2973
    Expand Collapse

I have a question about the T60 T-Series, particularly the 'Snubnose' versions, will the grille be separated from the hood along with additional design options like the chrome or painted grilles? If not, then that's alright, still would be nice for customization. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. epicfacecanada

epicfacecanada
    Expand Collapse

For cabovers the difference between the regular intake pipes and the submersible ones is that you can ford water up to the top of the snorkel rather than just the top of the engine block.

Just to clarify that big cabover grate bumper thing is NOT something my mod adds.

Given that added twinsteer is coming to the base game likely in the next update I don't want to sink time into expanding a soon obsolete setup.

I'll look into it.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Loser2817

Loser2817
    Expand Collapse

It doesn't always work as intended, apparently. I've used the submersible snorkels several times, and sometimes the engine hydrolocks anyway even though the top is still over the water (it usually happens with the Single Intake base).

What is this, then?
    1113750-9515f08abdcf0b28cd144bf2831664c3.png

It says "WIP" on the name.

12. Bellaistrans

Bellaistrans
    Expand Collapse

That bumper is from my mod, I forgot to remove it before updating it last time lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Mattmax051409

Mattmax051409
    Expand Collapse

Is that why it looks familiar
    --- Post updated ---
    Also wasn't expecting a Knight Rider reference

• Like Like x 1
  14. Loser2817

Loser2817
    Expand Collapse

Nice one. Keep it there at least, and maybe make it tougher (it falls off after a few hits even though it looks capable of taking way more).

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. armandkat

armandkat
    Expand Collapse

Hey, great mod, really loving it.

For some reason I can't shift into top gear in the 13 and 18 speed transmissions, if I'm not mistaken there should be a gear where 6th would be on a car, right? I am using a G25 and all gears work in other vehicles.

16. epicfacecanada

epicfacecanada
    Expand Collapse

There is a gear where 6th would be on a car though the gear pattern is a bit different than a car.
    download.jpg
    The differences are as follows:
    - Gears 1-4 are now where gears 3-6 are on a car.
    - Reverse gear is now where 1st gear normally is.
    - In place of 2nd gear is LO gear. This is a very low ratio gear meant to help you start moving with a heavy load or up a hill.

For light usage you can basically treat it as a 4-speed gearbox with a range switch like so:

1 > 2 > 3 > 4 > Switch to high range > 5 > 6 > 7 > 8.

Though for full usage of all the available ratios you'd also use the LO gear and splitter like so:

LO(L) > LO(H) > 1(L) > 1(H) > 2(L) > 2(H) > 3(L) > 3(H) > 4(L) > 4(H) > Switch to high range > 5(L) > 5(H) > 6(L) > 6(H) > 7(L) > 7(H) > 8(L) > 8(H)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. armandkat

armandkat
    Expand Collapse

Great explanation @epicfacecanada , that's how I was trying to shift and it would't go into 4th or 8th, I found the problem though, for some reason it won't shift into those gears if the gearbox safety assist is on, turning it off solved the problem, I don't know why. I usually have it on because my shifter is a bit wonky and sometimes sends the output for 4th when in 2nd.

18. RiftFlyer

RiftFlyer
    Expand Collapse

Love this mod. Well done to the author. My 18speed shifter knob works perfectly apart from one little issue. Would it be possible in a future update to make an engine brake switch which is toggle (hold)? The switch I’m using is a latching switch on my shifter similar to the splitter and range switches. As currently set up I have to toggle twice to turn on and off the engine brake. Having the extra binding option like you’ve done for range and splitter would be great.

I’m also curious if it’s possible to do anything about the default synchro damage behavior when floating gears? As a modder I’m sure you are familiar with the game engine. It would be great if the truck registered the damage as it does now but didn’t also register the gear change. If it could instead remain in neutral until the revs are properly matched then I think I could I get my FFB shifter to work and properly simulate gear grinding. Is this something that is exposed on the modding side or is it tied to the core game mechanics? I’m not asking for you to implement it just curious if you think it’s possible?

19. epicfacecanada

epicfacecanada
    Expand Collapse

I'll look into doing the Jake brake binding

As for the gear grinding. Yes basically every part of the vehicle mechanics are exposed in the game files as Lua files. I definitely remember seeing code in there to handle shifting/gear grinding though the exact calculations and programming went over my head.

• Like Like x 2
  20. epicfacecanada

epicfacecanada
    Expand Collapse

Update 0.43:
    - Added a steering wheel from the D-series over to the T-series

- Altered all the mod's manual gearboxes to make them easier to float shift.

- Added a Splitter transfer-case to D-series. This is meant to work with the diesel 5-speed manual to help with heavy loads.

- Re-adjusted mirrors on TL80 cab
    - Fixed Wig-wag placement on TC60 and TL80
    - Added beacon lights to the TL80 cab.
    - Added Hold binding for Jake Brake.

• Like Like x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice