WIP T-series camper addon with a drift

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by fufsgfen, Feb 17, 2017.

1. H/\Z/\RDOUS

H/\Z/\RDOUS
    Expand Collapse

maybe put the download in a private group?
    Yay! glad to see you're still going

2. AM-DB9

AM-DB9
    Expand Collapse

Glad to see fufsgfen back :)
    Was it just a simple bump or was it a bump with pictures? Can't see any, but the post seemed long...

3. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Just a video in https://www.beamng.com/goto/post?id=586699#post-586699 bit too busy at the moment with life to work on anything, but there will be less busy days for sure.

• Like Like x 1
  4. AM-DB9

AM-DB9
    Expand Collapse

I managed to watch the vid. U haz no texturz yet. Still awesome man :)
    We'll wait (not so) patiently for your less busy days!

5. JetPoweredMacintoshâ„¢

JetPoweredMacintoshâ„¢
    Expand Collapse

oooh, cool mod! keep it going. oh, and a suggestion:(not trying to be rude) maybe a lengthendedededed and hightendeded camper so you could put a car under it.

6. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

While work of camper has been slower than anticipated, I'm still working the camper module, however there is not much new to show.

However I though to post something cool, this side project has not slowed actual camper modeling, looking forward of releasing Scir... ahem, nostrils near next Christmas.
    nostrils.jpg

I'm planning on rebuilding my bike before summer, I though that might be interesting and worth of mentioning.

Bit more seriously, I have been trying to learn to make round shapes and getting edges to follow shapes, I'm not sure if that is very horrible or not, there is quite difficult shapes from that point on, curves to all directions, so it is bit hard to decide how to follow contours, good practice.

7. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I got bit more done, but this is really difficult with my (lacking) skills, need to change bottom of the model quite a bit too, also I think it is too flat, need to add more depth, but this is two days of work, legs hurt so much that have to have break from sitting, anything more than 30 minutes of sitting and legs start to hurt, so that alone slows down quite a bit:
    nostrils2.jpg
    nostrils2b.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  8. The Nowickster

The Nowickster
    Expand Collapse

what exactly is this? I am a bit confused.

9. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

It is not done yet!

Thus it is not, but hopefully it will end up being something devilish goblinish freakish cartoon thing, no it is not what you were thinking, how dirty of you! :D

I mean it is not enough to just have a truck that drifts, it is not even enough to have a camper truck that drifts, drifting is as much a show as it is a sports, so have to have something called show bits and parts. That is best I came up with, you could put it to truck, front, back whatever works best, can't decided that until I see it in game.

I'm still not convinced that it will end up into mod, depends if I can make it to any decent looking thing, also I so much would like to have nostrils to have turbo intake piping and ram air effect and and...

Then again I did consider making something like my avatar, but that might be too much, sure Saddam had statues of him in every village, but perhaps I'm not quite that bad. maybe.

Seriously though, interior of camper is something which for I need to practice more of my modeling skills and best way is to just do some modeling, so I try to do bits that might be useful with a mod.

I'm all in for constructive criticism though, I would love to hear how to improve model and if it has some horrible flaws I can't see.

10. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I'm having issues with oil starvation when using AR162b's extended T75 frame, I remember official flatbed addon had same issue which was fixed in some 0.9 version, it had something to do with reference nodes and how game did see vehicle being upside down, but unless AR162b fixes his frame or there is some patch by the game (unlikely) to fix the issue, I can't really use T75 extended frame as base of this. That means I would need to downsize camper addon, maybe I just cut off storage boxes at front and move wheel area forward, having huge extension behind rear axle?

RV-addon for H-series has almost as long extension behind rear axle than what rest of the camper module is, so that rear axle sits near middle of camper module, however with T-series that might make it difficult to drift on mountain roads. Not that it would fit with extended frame to any narrow touge either! I need to make radius of corners bigger as even there is chamfer it does not show up as it is bit too small.

upload_2018-1-4_16-52-21.png

upload_2018-1-4_16-52-34.png

Zip file is not a mod, it just has model and text file that makes it possible to see camper module in game when using T75 extended frame and only if you know how to use the files.

Attached Files:

11. Gasoline_boy 2

Gasoline_boy 2
    Expand Collapse

when it is released will i be able to climb a few trails in Utah for fun {if the weight doesn't kill me}

12. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Depends, ETK 6000 mod has camper and 6 wheel drive, maybe I can figure out how to make T-series 6 wheel drive by studying that and how to make offroad suspension too.

Or maybe some of the more clever guys can do such. Normal T-series suspension is not the best for trail driving.

I would like to try crawl central map with such monster too :D

13. Gasoline_boy 2

Gasoline_boy 2
    Expand Collapse

i would like to see a tow hitch on this to haul things to if thats possible

but the closets we have to a T-series offroad series is the more T-series parts

14. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Is this wrong?

Took me whole day to get it to work, but i learned something, I just wish I would remember tomorrow what I learned today.

15. Gasoline_boy 2

Gasoline_boy 2
    Expand Collapse

{i know i've commented a lot sorry if that upsets anyone just trying to help with ideas} but will the back end of the camper have glass since it has that cut off or no? and will the camper be able to change over to a fifth wheel?

16. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

That model is just a mock up for now, I'm still undecided about the size and design, one thing that I want is panorama windows at back where that opening is, but do I go for rounded or more square looks, that I have to test with mockup before I do real model.

This is from top to down, blue is glass, left option would mean that I need to make rear of the camper rounded.
    upload_2018-1-6_2-33-50.png

This mod will most likely just add parts and maybe a config, so that you can then use camper upfit or whatever upfit you want. 6x6 as well as drift parts will just add parts to T-series, so anyone can then use whatever combinations they want or that is at least my plan.

I need to build some proper table setup as my shoulder is busted and that is making modeling quite painful with current setup, need to have something where elbow can rest and mouse would be quite down. Maybe I just get low table so that I could lie down at sofa, because sitting is causing lot of leg pains, would love to be able to spend more time learning modeling, so need to figure out something for ergonomics.

Update: Need more flex, but surprisingly it somehow crawls at crawl central
    upload_2018-1-6_2-41-47.png

• Like Like x 1
  17. Gasoline_boy 2

Gasoline_boy 2
    Expand Collapse

The mod addon for the t-series has offroad tires and i think offroad suspension {not %100 sure} and with the interior at the very back end of the camper a loft is looking very acceptable and are you modding on a desktop or laptop just wondering

18. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Desktop machine, laptops are not so great for this stuff.

Banks super turbo motor + transmission and 6x6 drive, kinda narrow spaces everywhere:

I don't know why video recording makes choppy footage, but sometimes it does.

19. Gasoline_boy 2

Gasoline_boy 2
    Expand Collapse

So i would plug your PC up to a Tv using the HDMI cable thats what i did when i broke my screen on purpose and will the smoke go through the camper in the future?

20. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Crappy thing:
    upload_2018-10-13_9-54-19.png

I just don't get those round shapes, they end up looking really ugly, no matter what I do.

Need more windows I guess, or something, maybe I do it again from scratch does not look good at all, don't like those windows at all, don't like how light bleeds from seams.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice