WIP T-series camper addon with a drift

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by fufsgfen, Feb 17, 2017.

1. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

This is thread about my big mod (well, big for me at least), so I don't need to spam everything to Development shots thread.

It is going to be something like this, note that this is just a rough mock-up of camper shell, not actual model of it:
    upload_2017-2-17_16-16-29.png

This is base of the camper frame, I'm currently making sandwich/double floor section:
    upload_2017-2-17_16-19-45.png
    On top of that box frame I have planned to put a interior floor, rear section should hold water tanks.

Design is my own, but it is influenced by best and most luxurious RV builds.

Because having just a camper would be boring and easy to build (yeah, right!), I'm going to drift with this thing, just to make things more interesting, but making that possible is going to be real pain because of CG and total weight easily getting too high.

It will take long time to get this on track though, there is quite a lot to do and learn, but it is little something to work with every now and then.

I'm not all too certain that my modeling is done right at all, there probably is a lot of pits to fall, so all tips are welcome.

No, this won't be dead, at least as long as I'm not dead :)

Yes, I probably am doing something wrong and I'm very happy to hear from what it would be, that is called learning.
    --- Post updated ---
    Something in here just disturbs my eye, I need those narrow faces next to opening, I can't have such narrow faces all the way up, maybe faces near center of X are just too big/wide. Under opening edge is how it is meant to be, that is for aerodynamics, in case someone was wondering why there is a 'dent'.
    upload_2017-2-17_16-55-51.png

Update: Something to pass time until mod is approved, still it will take a long time to have camper done.

Sound mod I use:
    https://www.beamng.com/threads/t-series-engine-sound-v2.27933/

You can download Drifter rig here https://www.beamng.com/resources/t75-drifter.2091/ it does not have camper addon, but it is base with performance improvements to make it drift.

#1 fufsgfen, Feb 17, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
    • Like Like x 11
  2. xaxaxm28

xaxaxm28
    Expand Collapse

Hey ! That looks wonderfully nice ! I would have only 1 suggestion, maybe "squaring" the fuel tanks could look better since everything at it's side is square ?

3. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I'm not sure how to deal with those fuel tanks, as I have planned this as an addon (that is only camper will be included, not the truck) to T-series, those default fuel tanks might need to be left alone, but of course I might put sheet metal curtain to cover them.

Often I see those fuel tanks where steps are under the door, steps are just put on surface of fuel tank and it might be nice, but then I would need to supply whole truck I guess, but who knows maybe that is what I need to do anyway if adding camper to base truck does not work out quite as I imagine at the moment.

Maybe same thing as with cabin access to camper section, I wish to have it, but it might be again that needs delivery of whole truck.

Here at Fufsgfen's motorhomes we would like to leave truck business to authorized truck dealers and focus solely on camper units and engine upgrades :)

4. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Fake in-game shots :p
    upload_2017-2-17_21-27-29.png

upload_2017-2-17_21-27-40.png

Oops :)
    upload_2017-2-17_21-28-0.png
    --- Post updated ---
    So exporting jbeam and ending up with over 10 000 beams was perhaps not the brightest idea, BeamNG crashes to desktop with such monstrosity. No easy way to happiness. I guess I start building jbeam structure in blender at this point before there is more stuff, maybe it is easier add to it when building walls and interior.

• Like Like x 6
  5. Tesla66

Tesla66
    Expand Collapse

Oh my gosh! Can't wait!!!

6. TomArne02

TomArne02
    Expand Collapse

Progress?

7. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Slow, I have been helping Blijo with sounds lately, but done little experimenting of building jbeam structures, however there is lot to learn on that before I can move on to build rest of the camper model.

When I have good jbeam on frame of this camper thing, then I continue building model, or that is at least what I think is most reasonable path, so it will be at least 3 weeks until that beam structure is done.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I will probably never release this, I'm not going to give anything to people like @redrobin who can't have intelligent discussion and all they can do is insult others, sick cancer of humanity is what those are and like kid who destroys all toys, I don't think persons like that deserve any kind of mods, so I quit, you thank him and others like him from that, there just is no point making anything to world that has such persons in it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

luv u 2 bb

10. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Well said!

Just... Don't quit. Please! :)

Modding can be an awesome form of entertainment, and a fantastic mental exercise on top of that. If you don't feel like releasing your mod for whatever reason, that's ok. Just don't let human stupidity spoil the fun for you! ;)

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. Inertia

Inertia
    Expand Collapse

As @FLyInG 2 YoUr SoUL said, don't give up because someone wasn't nice, send me a PM with any issues you have and I'll do my best to help you, or point you in the direction from some of the other users in here who are good at jbeaming, @crashmaster for example.

12. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I'm not letting human stupidity to spoil fun from me, but what I see in community is quite some intolerant hostile behavior, people who act like animals instead of humans and seek fun from insulting and dissing others, for such kind of people are not worthy of my time, I have seen enough of such persons in my 54 years that I can tell those are cancer of humanity that is spoiling fun from rest of people and unless such cancer is dealt with there is no point.

Sadly it is not just one person, I see too much of such, it is sad that decent folk don't get mods because of that, but I can't see any other way to start dealing with such phenomenon on the interwebs. People has to stand up and clean their surroundings from such waste.

So I have removed my tutorials and mods and I will not release or work on any releases now on, thanks to these kind of persons, it is my part in fight against those.

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. The Nowickster

The Nowickster
    Expand Collapse

That looks amazing! Nice job!

14. Ohawesome

Ohawesome
    Expand Collapse

Very excited for this keep working please :D

15. Aaron32577

Aaron32577
    Expand Collapse

I'm actually really excited about this mod! Looks awesome

16. CrashHard

CrashHard
    Expand Collapse

This is very sad to see. And I can understand it is frustrating, I have felt it myself when releasing stuff to the community, but mostly it have been a positive experience, but still there are comments that can ruin your day and make you want to stop. Hope to see you back here at some point, because this camper addon looks nice :)

17. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Bump

• Like Like x 2
  18. Ulrich

Ulrich
    Expand Collapse

You did not give up! Thanks!

19. TomArne02

TomArne02
    Expand Collapse

Keep up the work, I really want this to work! Don`t give up!!

20. SimplyGaming

SimplyGaming
    Expand Collapse

Cool! Can't wait!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice