Stuff you have made in Blender, AC3D, 3dsMax, etc.

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Brett, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Jon

Jon
    Expand Collapse

ALL hail the cup union :p

and if someone is interested in learning how to make these cups here is the tutorial at least i was using:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y__uzGKmxt8 there is 2 parts which is very easy to follow and covers some of the few things you can do in blender... sadly it's not enough to be able to start your own projects :(

2. Blade3562

Blade3562
    Expand Collapse

Followed a similar tutorial to make my first car model. Was a crude wedge of a car but hey! It helped with all sorts of fun things.

3. Tanksrcool

Tanksrcool
    Expand Collapse

Well here is a trailer I am working on. Hopefully Beamng will support trailers. Mainly making this to try figuring out blender a little better. Still Needs a lot of work. Flatbed_Trailer_Render.png

4. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Car i am working on, It is hatchback sized and modern. Expect a full release in about never just like most the things i do :p

There will be a rear wheel arch, i ain't going retro Citroen on this. The wheels are also oversized placeholders. I am following gabesters awesome blog post in the hope this will be my best model yet. Since my older ones never really got decent textures.

- - - Updated - - -

Update:
    Made a quick UV map to show what i intend for it to look like.

Attached Files:

• 13.8.13 front.jpg
    • 13.8.13 Side.jpg
    • 13.8.13 Top.jpg
    • 13.8.13 Back.jpg
    • 13.8.13 Front (2).jpg
    #44 aljowen, Aug 14, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
  5. Tanksrcool

Tanksrcool
    Expand Collapse

Well trying to learn how to make rims/tires for the trailer. But I'm struggling to make steel trailer rims. The ones on it right now are my first rims/tires made. But I copied a tutorial so I'm going to have to remake them at some point. (Rims aren't exact same as the ones from the tutorial) Trailerrenderwiithtires.png

6. lucky74dog

lucky74dog
    Expand Collapse

HMA  Exusia.blend.png

This is a very early model of my Halki Motor Association (Halki being the greek island my grandpa was born in) Exusia (Ancient Greek word for power), or the HMA Exusia. :cool: Pretty ugly so far, but that will change.

7. FastestClassic

FastestClassic
    Expand Collapse

Eurgh. Going from Blender to Autodesk Maya is much easier than going from Maya to Blender... I can't even make a cup without figuring out where all the damn tools are :confused:
    If you're wondering how I went from Maya to Blender, I worked on Maya in a class I had recently, but now that the class is over, I don't have many good 3D modeling programs, so I'm kinda stuck with blender.

Anyway. You guys are awesome at this! I'd definitely love to see some of these cars in BeamNG. Not gonna pick favorites, since they're all too awesome ;)

Right now, I'm trying to make a '47 VW Microbus. Problem is, like I said, I have no idea how Blender works. I'll need to watch a few tutorials, then I'll get started. If I have time.

8. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

Just download the student version, it's better than trying to completely learn a new program.

9. FastestClassic

FastestClassic
    Expand Collapse

Tried that, didn't work. Don't have much space on my computer anyways...

Plus, my computer has the wrong graphics card. (Manufacturing error)

#49 FastestClassic, Aug 14, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
  10. TravXD

TravXD
    Expand Collapse

I cant even make a cup. All I can make is a cube. :(

11. Korkkis

Korkkis
    Expand Collapse

I'm pretty new to modeling so these cars aren't much:p. Anyways, here's something i'm working on atm.
    a5_2.png (audi a5)
    And these are some of my old "projects" I'm not interest to continue..
    rs4 avant.png (audi rs4 avant) mk1.png (vw golf mk1) bora.png (vw bora) vw bora.png (same bora, but modded:D)ugly, i know

Attached Files:

• A5.png
    • blender 2013-08-15 22-54-37-96.jpg
    • a5_2.png
    #51 Korkkis, Aug 14, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2013
  12. TravXD

TravXD
    Expand Collapse

Please, PLEASE can you teach me how you make cars? I've been searching for tutorials all day but cant find any decent ones.

13. NkosiKarbul

NkosiKarbul
    Expand Collapse

while you wait for his lessons XD
    try to google for "surface modeling" or hard surface modeling" tutorials, much of them use examples which include modeling bodywork parts of all kind of things from cars over planes to spaceships.
    edit: or search for "point modeling" maybe in combination with blueprint or reference, also offers alot of modeling tutorials for poly point by poly point modeling

btw damn nice stuff CoffeeCrazy!

#53 NkosiKarbul, Aug 14, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  14. TravXD

TravXD
    Expand Collapse

I'm hoping to model a full car though so in those tutorials, do they make cars, or like you said, just car parts?

15. NkosiKarbul

NkosiKarbul
    Expand Collapse

some do whole cars but most tutorials whill just cover maybe the body work but not the interrior and underwork like engine and frame and what not just for time reasons.
    the point is to learn surface or point modeling to then use those modeling workflows to model the parts you need, it doesnt matter really what part you or the ppl in the tutorial are doing, can be totaly different, you just learn the workflow to create the mesh in the shape you want it. :)

16. TravXD

TravXD
    Expand Collapse

I'm sorry but I cant really understand what you mean... Would you mind finding me a tutorial please? Sorry if I'm a bit of a pain. :(

17. NkosiKarbul

NkosiKarbul
    Expand Collapse

i just mean that it doesnt matter what you want to model, any modeling tutorial will teach you how to create a model. there are just different ways (workflows) to achieve the desired shapes, as modeling programs as blender allways offer more than 1 way to do something, specialy in the modeling area.

try this tutorial series, i did not actually watch it myself but it looks detailed, and thats what you want as beginner.

#57 NkosiKarbul, Aug 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  18. TravXD

TravXD
    Expand Collapse

Could I copy the tutorial but with a car or should I use the same object/picture just to get the hang of it?

#58 TravXD, Aug 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  19. NkosiKarbul

NkosiKarbul
    Expand Collapse

hm i think thats a personal preference/decission, i allways did excactly what they did to be able to go back and check if i did one step wrong if a problem appears but it should be possible to model something else than the guy in the video as long you do the same steps in same order i guess. try it and good luck have fun :)

20. TravXD

TravXD
    Expand Collapse

Okay thank you very much for your help. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice