(Story) Green Ghost of Selva Rocosa

Discussion in 'Videos, Screenshots and other Artwork' started by DriftinCovet1987, Apr 15, 2018.

1. DriftinCovet1987

DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

Thank you....this was just what I needed to handle my writer's block that I was having with one of the last few chapters of Selva.

Admittedly, I don't think Percy or David will be involved in the "Prototype Discovery" scene...this scene will likely include other sentient vehicles in it.

Nope, Tim won't be showing up for a long time.

Who knows what might happen when one of the three Giants gets angry?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Haida

Haida
    Expand Collapse

No problem ;)

3. DriftinCovet1987

DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

Second teaser for Chapter 5 Part 1.

• Like Like x 1
  4. DriftinCovet1987

DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

screenshot_00184.png screenshot_00186.png

Chapter 5 Part 1 is out!

• Like Like x 2
  5. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

6. DriftinCovet1987

DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

I feel that I should perhaps clarify what I mean by this post.

Please note that I will still continue to use the painstakingly-crafted mods that modders create (whether they make it from scratch or heavily-edit their Automation builds), and I will prefer to use mods or official content whenever I can. I will only substitute regular Automation-built vehicles if I cannot find anything else to use (i.e. that late-'50s American wagon that I oh so want to build in Automation for my '69 Belasco spin-off - if someone comes up with a much better example of a late-'50s American wagon, I will choose that over even my own Automaton builds). I will try to include as many regular mods (or upgraded Automation builds) as I can, and I still will prefer using them for my characters whenever possible over the background-filling regular Automation vehicles.

For Firwood, I will be accepting up to 15 Automation vehicles of any type built 1997 and earlier. I will credit you for your vehicles like I do with the regular mods, but since they will most likely be in the background, I likely won't be wasting words trying to describe them in my story, nor will I plan on featuring them for very long.

7. DriftinCovet1987

DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

Chapter 5 Part 2 is out!
    screenshot_00195.png screenshot_00196.png

• Like Like x 1
  8. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

Finally, another debut of a T-Series.

9. Car8john

Car8john
    Expand Collapse

Man, I'm sorry I've been behind on the story book format thingy, been busy recently and haven't really had time nor motivation, if possible, I'd find someone else to do it, thanks for understanding

10. DriftinCovet1987

DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

I'm fine with that. To be honest, I haven't had much motivation recently to complete the story, but I am getting there.

11. DriftinCovet1987

DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

Chapter 6 Part 1 is now out!
    screenshot_00200.png

Also, since I'll likely be done (or almost done) with Selva by the time July 13th rolls around, I feel that I should tell this to everyone:

I will be accepting Automation builds to show the partnership between the Automation and BeamNG devs, but I will be trying to show only the best Automation vehicles that I can (admittedly, the gap between a good Automation vehicle and a bad one will most likely be much less than the gaps between comparable traditional vehicle mods). That means that if you are planning on adding interiors, improving deformation, adding skin UVs, and doing other improvements to your Automation vehicles, they will have a much higher likelihood of being one of the 15 or 20 Automation vehicles shown in Firwood than a regular Automation vehicle will.

• Like Like x 1
  12. DriftinCovet1987

DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

screenshot_00205.png
    Chapter 6 Part 2 is out! (not like anyone cares XD)

Also, I've been spending way too much time on Automation vehicles recently, and haven't had the time to make teaser uploads for Selva, so I sincerely apologize about that to anyone who is thinking that I'll abandon this. Honestly, I can see why people wouldn't want to read this: the chapters are so long that they have to be split into two parts, and few people have the time to read chapters that span 4K+ words. (I'll remember to keep the chapter length way down for Firwood and the other stories). Or maybe it's just that I am bad at writing...I dunno. Probably never will know...but you know what? It's just so funny to me that I'm wasting my time and effort on this for no reason other than to complete it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Randomguy12

Randomguy12
    Expand Collapse

Wait are we in the 80's now because old pessima?
    --- Post updated ---
    Should I be worried?

14. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

We've been in the eighties since the beginning of the story - 1987 to be precise. That makes the the Bolide and the old Pessima HX state-of-the-art.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Randomguy12

Randomguy12
    Expand Collapse

Sorry I'm just barely following on I have like no idea whats going on.

16. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

No worries. It looks like dating the story is something we'll have to work on in future.

17. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

Your writing is excellent :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. DriftinCovet1987

DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

Where did you get lost? That would seriously help me understand why you're having problems with following the story.

And yes...you should be worried.

We're actually currently in November of 1989 - pretty much about the same time that the Berlin Wall fell. This story started off in April of 1987, but then we skipped two and a half years. I promise to everyone, this will not happen again in any of my Green Ghost stories.

Why, thank you! May I ask how my writing is excellent? Is it my characters? My plot? How I integrate both of them? Something else that I perhaps didn't notice before?

19. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

Just a question about Firwood.
    Would it take place during the 2010s/2020s?

20. DriftinCovet1987

DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

No, it'll take place in 1997.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice