WIP Steam locomotive 0.01.1

A 2-2-0 Planet class locomotive for BeamNG.Drive.

1. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

So someone posted a working SUBWAY zip file.
    I sure hope it works, because I have to test *THIS*

A subway station. For what it's worth, there's space to drive on one side (or down the center) of the train tunnels. You can also drive up the stairs to enter the station with a Pessima (with a little speed), or a 4x4 vehicle of choice, as the stairs have the collision of a ramp. In fact all stairs in my up-and-coming (nope it's not released yet) map have collision of ramps, because as GTA San Andreas proved much over, we all sooner or later take the stairs, in a car. Only because we haven't figured out how to drive up the elevator yet...

Crossings that don't munch on cars...

All pieces (well, a few are missing because I stole them out of my display and moved them somewhere else, heehee, this is most of them) pictured above, there's also an additional angled crossing shown in the picture above the full kit picture (opposite angle of the one shown on the left side of this picture).
    Best part: The all have collisions (and LOD's that you can see in one of the crossings and the short straight piece on the right of the picture). So use them in the forest brush limitlessly.
    They are the same exact spacing between rails as the Rig of Rods tracks provided to me a year or two ago for Roane County, and will be replacing those.
    Those interested in a kit should keep an eye on the forums or hit the 'follow' button on my profile, so you can see when I will post them. They will be free to use for any BeamNG mapper.

So if any of your choo-choo trains are busted, please fix them; you'll have lots of miles of track and subway (and raised track like found in Chicago, coming from user Alastair), and all the transition pieces you could desire to go in between Raised, Ground-level, and Underground subway, plenty of curves/slope changes, short and long (the subway kit is has quite a few curve and slope pieces also).
    There will be different stations, above, below, and at ground-level, too.
    The texture is new - it uses my stone terrain texture (also featured in Roane County), with the ballasts on their own texture with transparent space between them, made from a texture I mugged off the internet.
    It will be featured as a 'metro' track. It will also have non-functional switches too (someone could Jbeam them if they really want and make them functional as a prop or vehicle, contact me and I'll provide a track piece in the not-so-distant future).

There will be buildings all over the place in this city, I just haven't made many yet as Maya was being a total #@%! !!!
    --Cheers!

EDIT:
    It does work! Woohoo! It didn't explode or consume itself when placed on the track! It even moves under it's own power, too! Thanks to whoever fixed that a few pages back...

Guess I'll have to adjust the platform just a bit.

#721 bob.blunderton, Jul 15, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
  2. zagdima

zagdima
    Expand Collapse

Just add some wheels and light to Locomotive it takes me day to figure how to add 2 more wheels on bogie...
    BeamNGdrivex642018-08-0722-18-56-076.png

• Like Like x 9
  3. SwagMaster11

SwagMaster11
    Expand Collapse

Does anyone have the file to the Sultan Peak map? I can't find it anywhere on it's thread. Would be glad to have it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. zagdima

zagdima
    Expand Collapse

https://www.beamng.com/threads/sultan-peak.27480/
    --- Post updated ---
    Rio Grande (F7 A Unit) Get's Update New Bogie and wheels which it's standard.
    BeamNGdrivex642018-08-1302-59-00-095.png
    And a video with updated Russian Locomotive

• Like Like x 2
  5. Cooldriver10

Cooldriver10
    Expand Collapse

Guys... there is a slug train that you should maybe add... (or seam train)

--- Post updated ---
    Also, those trains are from train sim (the cheap, free app)

6. TheDiamondLord8

TheDiamondLord8
    Expand Collapse

Just as a suggestion can you please make a spawnpoint that involves the Subway? Like either
    A - the Subway spawns as another vehicle. Another map using this concept is Sadler Gorge
    B - you spawn in the exact location and when you replace current vehicle as Subway, you don't have to spend an hour lining it up

Just a quick suggestion to save people lots of time (and frustration?) :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. SwagMaster11

SwagMaster11
    Expand Collapse

8. zagdima

zagdima
    Expand Collapse

Not for now, And i dont want someone will post them on modsgaming or other sites not for now.
    --- Post updated ---
    I created separate thread for my trains - https://beamng.com/threads/train-locomotives.57150/

9. raffaelthetrainlover

raffaelthetrainlover
    Expand Collapse

10. Cheekqo

Cheekqo
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

G'day there

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. loba04

loba04
    Expand Collapse

very cool, especially since the other little steam train is completely broken

12. raffaelthetrainlover

raffaelthetrainlover
    Expand Collapse

when kan be the steam loco free to download????

13. ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet

ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet
    Expand Collapse

When it's ready™

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. raffaelthetrainlover

raffaelthetrainlover
    Expand Collapse

oh sry im new here also how's Progress? :confused:

15. Sturpy

Sturpy
    Expand Collapse

Patience man.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. sohnzugspitze

sohnzugspitze
    Expand Collapse

nice mod but when came this with download link

17. ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet

ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet
    Expand Collapse

18. sohnzugspitze

sohnzugspitze
    Expand Collapse

ah ok thank you

19. raffaelthetrainlover

raffaelthetrainlover
    Expand Collapse

hellllllooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!! sombody here??????????? or are you guys just miniding your own bisuness (sry for my bad englisch i'm Austrian.)

20. TechMechanic

TechMechanic
    Expand Collapse

The author will update the page if there is any more progress, don't post if you don't need to.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice