1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Static Object (TSStatic) with custom collisionType / GroundModel

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by gmaksi83, Jan 2, 2016.

1. gmaksi83

gmaksi83
    Expand Collapse

Hi. I Have a question about the static objects with collisionType or different groundModel.
    The question is how i can get it to work one static object with a custom collision type (groundModel)
    Example:
    I created a simple plate in blender to import it to game and add a new collision type (groundModel) grass or ice, with less result....dident work but if i move the values from ice to asphalt in groundmodel.lua the static objects have a ice groundmodel.... but how can i configure this for one TSStatic object.

how can get it to work if i want to use a grass ground model on one imported static object?

new TSStatic() {
    shapeName = "levels/GridMap/art/shapes/plate.dae";
    playAmbient = "1";
    meshCulling = "0";
    originSort = "0";
    useInstanceRenderData = "0";
    instanceColor = "White";
    collisionType = "Visible Mesh"; "ICE?" i try to change to ice with less result.. what more.
    decalType = "Collision Mesh";
    allowPlayerStep = "1";
    renderNormals = "0";
    forceDetail = "-1";
    position = "7.92468 178.135 0.0268388";
    rotation = "1 0 0 0";
    scale = "1 1 1";
    canSave = "1";
    canSaveDynamicFields = "1";
    };

would be best if have a race track as static object with grass and sand...would be awesome if all materials separate like object and can be add a custom groundmodel like grass and sand...
    2016-01-02_00001.jpg
    any help would be welcome!

2. Scepheo

Scepheo
    Expand Collapse

You currently can't assign different ground models to static objects, it's only possible to have a single ground model applied to all of them. You'll have to use terrains to achieve what you want.

3. gmaksi83

gmaksi83
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the fast answer, this sounds bad... but i hope have some solution some way in future....

4. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

Thanks Scepheo for the answer. This is on our TODO list for a while already, we need to have this as well but don't know when we have the time to implement it.

5. gmaksi83

gmaksi83
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for your answer. i can wait, and good to know this comes true in future!

what is needed now is
    back-to-the-future-logo-7a5e06a8ab99eb8b1732907b4a833e3d-image-52210.jpg :p

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice