Spintires/Mudrunner/Snowrunner Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by ManfredE3, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Nathan24™

Nathan24™
    Expand Collapse

The thing that baffles me, why the heck would they announce Mudrunner 2 this early, Mudrunner has only been released for like 10 months now, not even an entire year yet!

2. TommyAssassin

TommyAssassin
    Expand Collapse

It's the publisher. They want to make it a franchise like Farming Simulator and release a new game every year or two.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

AF1F44AA-C0A9-4278-8928-EE8995603272.jpeg

Well... It’s certainly American...

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Focus posted this on the forums. TLDR: There is a survey for players concerning how they play the game and what they want/don't want to see in MR2. Official announcement for the game will come in early April.

https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/36524/mudrunner-community-update-27-02-19

As against MR2 as I originally was, there is a lot of cool possible game additions in that survey, some of which might actually be enough to justify releasing it as a new game instead of add ons. I still don't like how American Wilds was handled (IMO it's generally not okay to mix licensed and unlicensed vehicles in a game. They missed the mark with the vehicle line up, and it's hard for me to justify spending $10 on two fairly boring maps and vehicles I have mixed opinions on), but aside from that I think Focus has been doing really well as a publisher with Spintires.

5. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

I have to say they get a A+ for effort and they seem to have alot of ideas bit hopefully we wont get too much america or something i would want it more like ets but with offroad

6. Copunit12

Copunit12
    Expand Collapse

I just want Australia for the 2nd game, along with the good old Russian environment.

7. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

http://www.oovee.co.uk/forum/topic/13573-the-truth-behind-spintires-the-original-game/

TLDR: More back and forth about the situation with Pavel/Saber and what happened, Oovee wants to get an update for the original game this month and start regularly updating it. Rumor has it all they plan to do is update the Zil 130, though on twitter/facebook they claim that they will add dynamic weather.

So, umm... Spintires, MR, and MR2 will all continue being developed I guess?.. I know most of the Mudrunner team was put onto MR2 with a small number of people kept on MR to work on the upcoming DLC.

Thing's I've noticed in images I see around Twitter for MR2 from the What's Next event:
    Western Star 6900 xd 8x8
    What appears to be a stepside and short bed Chevy pickup
    Ford cl9000
    White Western Star 4964
    GMC MH9500
    Aesthetic customization
    MR:AW color pallet
    Snow (Alaska map)
    Multiple maps in USA (and rumored to have some in Russia), at least one of which is 4x larger than the curremt largest
    Unknown GAZ and Catipillar
    Multiple vehicle recovory options including helicopters confirmed to have been a misunderstanding. Will be multiple recovery options but "Mudrunner 2 is a no fly zone"
    Cargo delivery missions other than logs (Haven't actually seen logs yet)

1 or 2 Chevy's, 2 Western stars, a Ford, a GMC, and the color pallet from MR:AW. So far it kinda sounds like what MR:AW should have been.
    : Sheesh, that's a lot of money for a game currently $9USD on steam...
    A0ECEE75-8023-4906-B824-2817A730C748.jpeg
    https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/37742/announcing-free-dlc-old-timers
    The Mudrunner DLC has been announced, and it's a weird one. Another American map and two vintage American trucks. Great to see more old trucks, but between AW and this DLC it feels like they are turning MR into MR2 while working on MR2 at the same time...

Anyway, the trucks are a NAPCO Chevy (with an attachment only available in the new map for some reason) and a GMC DW950 ("not suitable for off road"). I don't know anything about the GMC and can't find any info about it online...

Interested to see what they will do with the DLC map. Since this is the only non-paid DLC American content in MR1, will there be the only two vehicles? Apparently the GMC will have a lot of attachments, even though none will be new and this is the only truly vintage truck and American truck in the base game...

#47 ManfredE3, Apr 10, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
  8. unyxium

unyxium
    Expand Collapse

I play Mudrunner and Spintires too

I really dislike the idea of multiple games like this. It divides the community apart in such games, because a lot of the content comes from the Steam workshop. Making a sequal prevents growing a community as everyone has to keep moving to the next game release to find more content. It would be quite likely that the user-made content would be incompatible between games.

I would much rather the developers update the one game, Mudrunner, instead of making Mudrunner 2. Even just keeping the updates and new content as free DLC is much better than making a separate game.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

They kind of have to because of the 2 different publisher situation. As far as I can tell, Mudrunner & American Wilds/Old Timers was testing the reception/financial feasibility for their vision of the game, which will be fully realized with MR2. So far, MR2 sounds like it will be a completely different game made on the same engine. With spiteful and "series of questionable decisions" Oovee gettig back into the game, differentiating the titles is a relatively safe way to continue developmemt.

10. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

The gearbox is s***. The RPM tachometer shows engine torque, not actual RPM

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Oovee ST got an update today. B-130 (Zil-130) got a new model and now can use more attachments, B-131 (Zil-131) and C-4310 (Kamaz 4310) "return" (Now official content instead of certified mods). Graphical changes including a new color palette, dynamic weather (I saw some people who bothered playing the open beta say it's not very good, but the change log says improvements are planned), sound system overhaul, and a free cam.

The interesting thing is that a free DLC will be announced in "early August". Curious to see what that will be, being that as far as I can tell Zane is working with very limited resources.

• Like Like x 1
  12. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

I really like theyre system with the dlcs just release 1 payed update and the rest for free

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Update to the Oovee DLC, Zane said on Tuesday that it's coming soon and free

14. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

Recently I found that Mudrunner has some sort of crippleware in it.
    You have to make sure the internet connection is constant and stable during gameplay, even in single player mode. If the connection is lost, the game will freese and the "connecting to steam" will show up, if the connection is not restored, the game will crash.
    11.png 12.png
    13.png
    And looks like the devs lied about it.

UPDATE: After reading lots of threads of Mudrunner and the Original Spintires. I found that Spintires has this problem, too. The Spintires' devs admitted that this is a bug. And people are saying that Mudrunner's devs simply stole Spintires' code and did some graphics refresh then publish the game, so they have the same bug.

#54 default0.0player, Aug 17, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
  15. tobias95ng

tobias95ng
    Expand Collapse

this is odd
    now i see ill get spin tires and not mud runner

#55 tobias95ng, Aug 20, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
  16. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

After reading lots of threads of Mudrunner and the Original Spintires at the Steam discussion page. I found that Spintires has this problem, too. The Spintires' devs admitted that this is, in fact, a bug. And people are saying that Mudrunner's devs simply stole Spintires' code and did some graphics refresh then publish the game, so the Mudrunner's devs avoid talking about it.

17. CN877

CN877
    Expand Collapse

I know it's a money grab but I'll probably still get it.

EDIT: Never mind it's an Epic Games exclusive. Not getting it.

• Like Like x 2
  18. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

Its a classic Focus Interactive game theyre basically like EA with FIFA. Every year they make a new version wich is basically a bit bigger update and then release it for full price.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Not on steam, only epic. Ugh.

Update: Focus Forums page for it got 7 pages of complaints about this in the little time it's been up. That's a lot for their forums...

#59 ManfredE3, Aug 21, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/41374/community-update-1-snowrunner/154

One of the members on Focus Forums (DerEggen) translated some news videos about MR2. Sounds like there's a ton of new stuff in the game, including being built on a new engine. The game itself sounds good and worthy of being a new game rather than an update, we will have to see how the epic store thing pans out.

Highlights of what was mentioned:
    -Maps in USA and Russia which take place in the winter and fall. Maps will be connected via a series of tunnels.
    -Performance upgrades include snow tires and snorkels
    -game was designed to have similar performance as MR
    -new game engine, improved graphics (including improved cockpit view), higher render distance, new multiplayer features
    -one of the new gameplay elements is the ability to repair broken bridges
    -improved terrain physics

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice