WIP Beta released South Park 0.7.6

A LIDAR heightmap of 8km square of south east Denver, Colorado, USA, based map for driving.

1. HighDef

HighDef
    Expand Collapse
    Game Design, QA and burnouts.
    BeamNG Team

2. Joeyfuller2000

Joeyfuller2000
    Expand Collapse

screenshot_00220.png

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I noticed that bus stops are facing wrong way, glass should not be towards roads.

Also green stuff seem to behave like an pavement, but you have probably done side of the road grass so because of low resolution of heightmap which is making it difficult to paint road edges. Dirt with grass texture map might do fine at edge of road areas?

I had not many trees visible, only some on distance.

I'm not quite sure if there is some conflicting mod or is it how it supposed to be, looks different in screenshots.

upload_2018-8-27_15-6-34.png

Trees kinda vanish quite soon, at JRI trees use 2D auto billboarding, bb_autobillboard25 as object name, to create forest look.
    upload_2018-8-27_15-7-33.png

I guess your trees are using nulldetail_25 instead? Changing name of object and exporting dae is enough to change that, it would work perhaps bit better and 2D billboarding is really easy on hardware, 20 000 trees visible is not a problem with that. I guess one could still have nulldetail_5 to make practically invisible trees not to be rendered at all to save bit GPU time, but it really seems not to be needed of what I have tested.

Then again, I'm not 100% certain that is reason why trees disappear so soon, but it does add to empty looks quickly.

I did up amount of grass (distance and quantity) a bit if it looks bit weird, wanted something to fill emptyness :p

• Like Like x 1
  4. MadHEMI

MadHEMI
    Expand Collapse

There is a simple reason for that in some areas,
    Mostly to protect people from traffic so face them away from the road
    and to force Bus drivers to stop at every designated stop to help keep them on the scheduled timetable.
    As they are never allowed to be early, Late is acceptable.

Well that's how it is in some places in Australia.
    I understand that every country has their own safety standards.
    I tend to see it as commonsense in a way. Cheers..
    --- Post updated ---
    Sorry, Off Topic I think some would call it!

As posted by Joeyfuller2000 https://beamng.com/attachments/screenshot_00220-png.428344/ <-- Looks like an Awesome Off Road/On Road Race Track, I'd love to race around on it if it was made into a Race Track, 2 versions perhaps, On Road & Off Road with Jumps!

:rolleyes: Dreams away, Please don't be knocked back due to copyright :mad: .... And continues :rolleyes: Dreaming!

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice