1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Sound Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by derpfleet55, Aug 12, 2016.

1. derpfleet55

derpfleet55
    Expand Collapse

As the title suggests speculation on what the eventual engine / exhaust sounds will be like in the game, based on engines to those in game that are similar in design theory to real engines (**can be many sounds per engine, due to different exhaust and/or mufflers). This is not a thread for "I want this car to sound like so" but rather intended for thoughtful discussion.. if there is any of that left on the forums.

Example
    To begin, my speculation is that the Miramar base engine will be in some ways similar to that of a L series Datsun engine

Miramar engine in game
    20160811231205_1.jpg
    L series (L16) in a datsun 510
    C12_0606_07z-1973_datsun_510-engine.jpg

Sound of a 510 (assuming a mostly stock L-16)

Of course all speculation here is based upon exterior visuals of the engines in game, and comparing them to real life engines, since bore, stroke, timing, exhaust design and so on cannot be determined in game visually.

#1 derpfleet55, Aug 12, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  2. TYLERTJ

TYLERTJ
    Expand Collapse

Not an engine sound, but I think there will be a bottoming out sound pretty soon.maybe also a scraping sound.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

mild build street L20b with cam and R1 carbs on bogg bros manifold, ZX gearbox and 3.89 gears.
    -taken from description
    --- Post updated ---
    It would be nice to hear minor things, like the fuel injectors ticking away in a DXi covet, versus the constant noise of a carbureted engine with the DX.

• Like Like x 1
  4. derpfleet55

derpfleet55
    Expand Collapse

Agreed, I'm a total sound junkie when it comes to engine sounds in games and the little things like injectors make a world of difference in sound quality experience; good sound can make even the most linear of engine coding sound dynamic. Hope the sound guy makes some great accurate sounds. Another thing that would be nice, and I am sure they will add is proper sounds for driving/sliding on various surfaces. even the asphalt sound could use an overhaul, though the howling tires when closer to their limits is an awesome addition to the game.

#4 derpfleet55, Aug 13, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
  5. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

I hope that we will get an tinging sound when you turn the vehicle off (when it is ingame)

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice