1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Solving the mod beggars and "relese wen" problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Srockzz, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Occam's Razer

Occam's Razer
    Expand Collapse

People who habitually beg for mods will probably not care, though there might be more precedent for deleting or editing posts that feature begging, and if new users spot the rule before posting, that would reduce at least some of the begging. Moreover, forum rules shouldn't not be established for fear that they won't be followed. After all, that is partly what moderation is for.

I mean, agreed. That's always been my philosophy. Though sometimes it's impossible to get help on some very visual things (such as polygon flow, texturing, deformation) without showing off the mod early.

Maybe flip the script? If you've been here 2+ years and have over 100 posts, you should damn well know better and are more accountable for what you say and do.

Of course not. I also get the same sensation when I'm cut off in traffic, or get lip from a customer at work. But in every scenario, a calm, stern, polite response does the most good and the least damage. It's just that 'good' and 'damage' are more abstract on the internet than in RL.

Edit: "in RL"... I'm getting too old for this ;)

• Agree Agree x 5
  2. JetPoweredMacintosh™

JetPoweredMacintosh™
    Expand Collapse

everyone should just stop replying to mod beggars. every time I see someone unironically say "when release" in a thread it always devolves into arguing and drama immediately. just ignore them and go along with the thread as before. of course this doesn't solve people spamming over and over again but they'd probably spam less if people just stopped giving them attention.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

So the worst beggars were just some troll alts made to cause drama and bring popularity to the mod?
    Problem solved then, no thread no beggars

• Like Like x 2
  4. Srockzz

Srockzz
    Expand Collapse

Honestly man im not going to lie, when i saw your post i really wondered where the hell were you getting the "creating your own drama" from. I really didnt expect someone to do that at all. The points i presented on this thread still stand thought
    Something i want to make clear is that i had absolutely no clue this was going on
    --- Post updated ---
    Im quoting this just because i really agree with what it says. It both reduces the number of new people that beg for mods, without knowing that doing so goes against the social norms of the forum and gives the staff a bit more rule backing to handle the problem.

5. P_enta

P_enta
    Expand Collapse

just ban the people who do it

6. kwai38

kwai38
    Expand Collapse

hey hey moderators are people as well
    Doubt they can keep up banning every beggar for multiple days

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice