1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

[Solved]BNG no longer recognizes my Radeon HD Mobile GPU after 0.4.2.0

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Proadox, Sep 19, 2015.

1. Proadox

Proadox
    Expand Collapse

(Before anyone says anything, no, my AMD isn't fried as it works 100% fine with other games)

So, the new update got released, and as always Steam started updating my BeamNG as usual, and as soon as it finished I eagerly started the game to try out the new content, except something felt wrong on Gridmap. Then I tried to load a scenario on ECA and my FPS was insanely lower than it should be, so I checked the graphics options and it only listed my horrible Intel HD 4000, and no sight of my Radeon HD 7650m.
    So I closed the game, went to the Catalyst Control Center's Switchable Graphics and removed and re-added BeamNG's options to use the High Performance card and restarted it, only for it to still not work.
    I won't disable the Intel entirely to try and "force" the AMD into BNG, as I need it for several other processes. All AMD and Intel drivers are up to date.

Any possible help would be highly appreciated, since I can't enjoy anything other than a flat and bland map without having horrendous FPS.

EDIT: disregard this thread, issue decided to resolve itself.

#1 Proadox, Sep 19, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
  2. aalehdox

aalehdox
    Expand Collapse

Hey, how did you decide this issue, please tell me ?

3. hashcraft

hashcraft
    Expand Collapse

Please tell me how it resolved itself. I am having an issue with my AMD Radeon HD 6550M not being recognized by BeamNG.

4. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

this sometimes occured if service pack 1 wasnt installed on windows 7, or if drivers were out of date or if your laptop was set in low power mode rather than high performance.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice