1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

So any specific noticeable differences in handling since your new tire physics?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mrwallace888, Dec 16, 2020.

1. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

I definitely recommend using your wheel!

I think this update has improved the tire physics (modern tires, not drive many old tires IRL) to the amount that i direct compare the predictability of behaviour to ACC for example. Racing is a breeze, drifting is way easier cause the car does actually act as i predict and seems to communicate with my G920 (as in i can feel waht the tires are doing) much more.

One thing that i might add is that if you havent yet then you can try out the driver g-forces (adjustable from 0-20%) for FFB. Ive found reports that actaully say 60-80% should be used but that it alot.

Also, on the FFB is weak now comment, its more moticable when you use power steering and not now, im assuming that is what is felt weaker. Also, you can increase the FFB so not really a problem.

2. korbitr

korbitr
    Expand Collapse

I can now corner a car at high speed with complete confidence that the car won't suddenly lose traction from the slightest steering input (as slight as digital input can get). This update makes driving feel great, even on keyboard.

3. _Diamond_Coal_

_Diamond_Coal_
    Expand Collapse

I played a bit more, driving and drifting became easier on keyboard. I also accidentally drifted D-Series while was in WCUSA tunnel)

4. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

That is if you can get the car to drive in a straight line first, which I personally can't now and it used to be much easier before.

5. combatwombat96

combatwombat96
    Expand Collapse

Either your a terrible driver or theres something majorly wrong with me, its just so easy to get a bluebuck 'round a race track on stock rims and tires. I dunno, just seems that the limit of grip was raised significantly, is that how crossplys are like ? then gee who needs radials. I guess the year of flinging around that fat american box has taught me what to expect ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

I wasn't testing it on a stock Bluebuck but on the stock V8 Moonhawk but with a stage 1 supercharger. The wheelspin is the issue and it wasn't before.

7. combatwombat96

combatwombat96
    Expand Collapse

well would you use a completely factory original, tires and all 70s slug but with a supercharged v8 in real life ? Of course you wouldn't, you'd at least do up the suspension to cope, including the tires right ?

8. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Yeah but my point is that previously it worked. Which wasn't very realistic. Good that they changed it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. combatwombat96

combatwombat96
    Expand Collapse

good point, welp time for me to find new limits on my american blob :)

10. Taza

Taza
    Expand Collapse

What I have noticed so far:
    -Drifting is more difficult, but not worse. Feels like I could do reverse entries
    -The SBR4 hillclimb is much much faster
    -200BX race config is very stable

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. mrwallace888

mrwallace888
    Expand Collapse

What input device you typically use?

12. bouba1801

bouba1801
    Expand Collapse

I was sure the roadsport had some radial whe i watched before

#32 bouba1801, Dec 17, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2020
  13. JZStudios

JZStudios
    Expand Collapse

Seems like it mostly affects the at the limit moments. Brief moments of oversteer can typically be corrected, but over limit like drifting is still not great. Under the limit I think is about the same. Some cars are just terrible now though.
    The Bolide is actually pretty nice now though and it feels mostly predictable with being able to catch slips instead of instantly spinning now.

14. Rainvest

Rainvest
    Expand Collapse

For me, the update has made drifting easier at higher speeds; however, it is a lot easier to spin out. Feels pretty decent and requires some skill to hold a drift.

15. Taza

Taza
    Expand Collapse

Logitech G29

16. Harkin Gaming

Harkin Gaming
    Expand Collapse

I feel like I can't keep the speed up in corners while drifting like I used to. It feels like there is too much traction while sliding now. I'm slowly getting used to it, but it still feels a little odd. Driving in general feels too easy, especially when compared to real life.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Trophy

Trophy
    Expand Collapse

Try the i series race. Its entirely different.

18. rottenfitzy

rottenfitzy
    Expand Collapse

Most cars feel far far more realistic to my taste now. I haven't done a whole lot of real-world high performance stuff, but the transition behavior of tires feels much more manageable and less violent – that is, more realistic. I noticed that individual cars also now feel strikingly different; the D-series now drives like a pickup truck, and the SBR4 like a sports car. FFB also now feels much more precise and accurate. You'll immediately notice a huge difference.

I use a G920 and the physics feel like a different game now, and in a very very good way.

19. JZStudios

JZStudios
    Expand Collapse

I must be a silly bitch because I thought the D series drove pretty well before considering how it never really reaches the tire limit. I tried the Hill Climb variant of the SBR4 and it was awful. The cars now range from terrible to really pretty good.

20. Exchy

Exchy
    Expand Collapse

Are there any "exact" differences aside from "i feel"? i mean i'm creating a race car and i did a tire jbeam a year ago for it, what should i change and what should i add and what exactly changed, where's the proper explanation from devs. "This has slashed long standing limitations in rolling resistance, high speed grip, and cambered tire behavior. With all tires retuned to take advantage of these changes, our vehicles are handling better than ever". Doesn't really say anything exact, it's vague area of improvement

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice