Expand Collapse

GhostInTheLeague updated Skill Chain App with a new update entry:

Version 0.3

Read the rest of this update entry...

• Like Like x 2
  2. nawa

nawa
    Expand Collapse

The issue with drift skills is fixed for me. Thank you!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. It's No Use

It's No Use
    Expand Collapse

The app is a little bit buggy... sometimes the skill chain will randomly die even though I've had no collisions. Is there a threshold or something about how many beam deformation the app detects before the skill chain is cancelled?

4. GhostInTheLeague

GhostInTheLeague
    Expand Collapse

At the moment the app only checks for an air speed difference, and if that passes a certain threshold, the chain will be broken. This has it's pros and cons:
    • If you have an insanely fast car that can accelerate at a great speed, this sudden acceleration can be picked up as a "collision", thus breaking the chain - I noticed this myself with CJD's drag Sunburst config
    • This also applies to water - if you plow into water, the deceleration will also break the chain.
    • If you go up a 90° ramp (like in the Gridmap V2) at a high speed, the deceleration can also end your chain, even though nodes might not deform much
    On the other hand:
    • It ignores some problem that node deformation based checking can cause, such as a broken off bumper being ran over by an AI, causing deformation and the end of a skill chain
    • Similarly, parts being torn off but not decreasing your speed are pretty much ignored
    It's not perfect, and I intend to either do it based on node deformation, or a combination of the two.

In the mean time, I can patch the current one up if something requires a quick fix. If the circumstances don't match the ones I mentioned above, and you notice anything particular that might cause your skill chain to break at random, it would help greatly so I could try to reproduce it on my end and look into fixing the issue.

5. GhostInTheLeague

GhostInTheLeague
    Expand Collapse

Hello everyone!

This mod hasn't seen any updates for quite some time. This was my first UI app, so obviously the code wasn't the best. Now that I've gained some more experience through working on my other UI mods, I'd like to give this mod a big overhaul.

Currently planned features:
    • Rewriting a big part of the code, so new skills are easier to add, and detecting performed skills can be more refined
    • Adding new skills that require interaction with other vehicles. Planned skills for starting out are: drafting, near miss, daredevil
    • New skills with props: wreckage, and skills that combo with it (crash landing, sideswipe)
    • An openable menu with multiple tabs
    • Skill Shop tab, where you can unlock perks by spending your skill points. These include additional boosts to certain skill types, a higher maximum multiplier, second chance where it takes two crashes to end the chain, and many more!
    • A statistics and achievements tab, where you can see your best skill chain, number of drift or other skills, all skill points earned, so on and so forth
    These changes might be released in parts through multiple updates to get the mod up-to-date sooner.

Some other ideas that might or might not make it in:
    • Sound effects
    • Multiple themes
    There's still some time until I start work on this (I also need to make a hotfix for the ProStreet tachometer, 0.27 broke the nitrous bar) but in the meantime, feel free to leave any ideas you might want to see included in the mod!

• Like Like x 6
  6. Stefan190506

Stefan190506
    Expand Collapse

У FH4, The "Кangaroo" was easier to get.

7. pommiepete52

pommiepete52
    Expand Collapse

how do i enable it

8. pacifistduck

pacifistduck
    Expand Collapse

Edit your UI apps

9. SmartySmart702

SmartySmart702
    Expand Collapse

Awesom UI app! Only thing missing are points for almost hits (like passing cars close etc...).

• Like Like x 1
  10. GhostInTheLeague

GhostInTheLeague
    Expand Collapse

Hello!

I started working on the next update. Here's the progress so far:
    • Awarding skills is now more robust and reliable. This should mostly solve previous issues with inconsistent skills, such as the drift skill.
    • Crash detection received a complete overhaul. Previously only the airspeed was taken into consideration, with caused issues with entering water, accelerating with a fast car, or entering a steep ramp.
      • The new system is based on beam deformations, with a number of refinements
      • Roll angle and vertical velocity is accounted for, so landing on the wheels from a jump is much less likely to end the skill chain, while landing on the roof is a lot more likely to end the streak.
    • Work has also begun on the openable menu, which will include:
      • Unlockable skill perks for increasing score received for specific skill types, increased score multiplier, extra life, etc.
      • Unlockable Beam Edition status for specific configurations, driving those configurations will grant additional score for performing the specified skills
      • Statistics, which will show the longest skill streak and number of specific skills performed
    Also planned, but I've yet to start working on it:
    • Adding more skills: barrel roll, drift tap, etc.
    • Skills that require interaction with other vehicles, like drafting, near miss, stuntman, etc.
    Once I get around to working on the visuals I might post some screenshots along the way. Visuals will also get a rework to match the BeamNG aesthetic better. Hopefully the changes in the update will help make this app more interesting with things to do and goals achieve.

Let me know what you think!

• Like Like x 4
  11. GhostInTheLeague

GhostInTheLeague
    Expand Collapse

Progress update
    skill.png
    (Visuals are not final. The final version will probably not show the personal best by default, but I might include an option for it.)

Currently working skills:
    • Speed
    • Drift
    • Burnout
    • Air
    • Two wheels
    • Near miss
    • Drift tap (drift followed by small collision)
    • Hard charger (burnout followed by speed skill)
    • Ibishu style (air skill followed by drift)
    • Lucky escape (drift and near miss)
    • Kangaroo (3 air skills in a short time)
    Planned for the update but not done yet:
    • Drafting
    • Stuntman (air skill followed by near miss)
    • Daredevil (3 near miss skills in a short time)
    • Skill Chain (reach 5,000, 10,000 and 20,000 score)
    • Threading the needle (2 near misses at the same time)
    • They See Me Rollin' (tip over with a Pigeon or Wigeon)
    • It's a plane! (air and speed skill while driving a Pigeon)

#51 GhostInTheLeague, Apr 19, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  12. bussin.buses

bussin.buses
    Expand Collapse

Maybe you could add one that, instead of being yellow, is orange, and the font matches BeamNG’s UI?

#52 bussin.buses, Apr 19, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  13. GhostInTheLeague

GhostInTheLeague
    Expand Collapse

I've been experimenting with a color scheme that fits better into the BeamNG color scheme, but unfortunately simply changing the color to the official orange leaves too little contrast against the sky.
    The current theme is just a placeholder though.

14. SmartySmart702

SmartySmart702
    Expand Collapse

Cant wait to test out the new version.
    Btw: I really like the theme/style in the current version.

15. Stefan190506

Stefan190506
    Expand Collapse

But they are almost opposite, did you mean the evening sky? , try adding a small black shadow behind the , this should help with the contrast.

16. GhostInTheLeague

GhostInTheLeague
    Expand Collapse

There already is a shadow, it just needs some fine tuning. The color is very different, but the current soft shadow around the text brings the brightness of the sky doesn't look great.

There's plenty of ways to make it work, I'm just waiting with that until after most of all the functionality I want is working well.

I might also just end up making a settings tab and offer a selection of color schemes and themes, so everyone can pick what works best for them.

• Like Like x 1
  17. SmartySmart702

SmartySmart702
    Expand Collapse

I'm kinda hyped for the update ngl :D

18. ghost_cauli

ghost_cauli
    Expand Collapse

upload_2023-4-21_14-28-43.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. GhostInTheLeague

GhostInTheLeague
    Expand Collapse

Progress update, I started working on the statistics menu. The design also got changed, but it's still not the final design.
    menu.png
    score1.png
    score2.png
    score3.png

• Like Like x 2
  20. Stefan190506

Stefan190506
    Expand Collapse

Wow, looks amazing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice