Outdated "Shark" TJ's concept truck

Discussion in 'Land' started by Tatangjose, Nov 10, 2013.

1. Tatangjose

Tatangjose
    Expand Collapse

Well here it is! the Shark. my fictional vehicle. Figured out the Jbeams and how stuff works here on beamng and i just got hooked after that ! :) i am still on the designing stage for this vehicle so the jbeams are just the basic chassis but with ALL the major components of the underside (steering linkages, axles, control arms, track bar) set and moving the way they should and was kinda tricky since you can't put props here like ROR but luckily! i did not put any cheating while making the n/b on this one so all the linkages are actually functional from the hydros controlling the pitman arm down to the tierod and from the frame control arm mounts down to the axle mounts so everything is pretty realistic:cool:

So since i am still designing this i am going to hold out of the damage part of the skeleton like the detachable side mirrors and lights and whatnot but once i am completely happy with the design it will be ready for mass production! lol

also a couple of versions will be made too
    - stock shortbed/longbed and with and without and extended cab and maybe a dually
    -weekend warrior (this one)
    -a top truck challenge theme truck
    -SUV???
    -a muscle car would be cool with how the nose is coming along :p

oh and i do appreciate some criticism and also some design ideas too like for the rear for example it is still pretty plain.

pictures are as progress goes along

credits: Me

ALPHA is out here. if you wanna fix the window texture do what i said on post # 52
    -crappy damage
    -crappy textures
    -crappy suspension
    -broken cameras
    -pretty much only for off-roading

have fun :)

Attached Files:

#1 Tatangjose, Nov 10, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2013
  2. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

Great to see more content creators emerging :) Looking forward to seeing more progress.

3. LSDMT420

LSDMT420
    Expand Collapse

I really like the design and looks of your truck, and it looks like the suspension has tons of travel :). Really looking forward to trying this one out, thanks for all your work.

4. Miura

Miura
    Expand Collapse

It looks overscaled, or is it that big on purpose? From the grid in the first pic, about 2.5 m wide. Ok for a trophy truck, but I'd keep the body of a normal pickup at just over 2 meters at most. Also, I think it's the large headlights that make it look like a small truck scaled up.

When I tried the jbeam in game, it spawned sideways. Have you fixed that? Negative y-coordinates should be forward.

• Like Like x 1
  5. SleepyPickup

SleepyPickup
    Expand Collapse

How about a roll bar in the bed? That would complete the look pretty well.

6. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

FYI, if you want to quickly fix the node coordinates; change the headers ;) No need to manually swap numbers. Just swap posX and posY, for example, in the header of every nodes section in the .jbeams of the vehicle. Jbeam is beautifully flexible :) You will need to rotate your mesh 90 degrees in your 3D program, though.

7. Tatangjose

Tatangjose
    Expand Collapse

Re: "Shark" TJ's concept truck

hmmm you're right! i guess it is a little too big, i just measured the n/b from front tip torear and axle tip to the other and got 5.45mx2.28m i was hoping for like an F-250 size range but now im just a tad bit smaller but wider than the smallest version of the Ram 3500 lol

shark :
    Length- 214.56 inches
    Width- 89.76 inches
    Wheel base- 133.85

2013 Ram 3500 regular cab:
    Length- 230.4 inches
    Width- 79.4 inches
    Wheel base- 140.0 inches

and for it spawning sideways i have no idea why its doing that :/ when i first converted it using the program in the wiki it did spawn sideways so i tried the other one and it worked fine but the Jbeams you got is pretty much still the same one i got that is strange. thanks for the feedback though :)
    [h=1][/h]

- - - Updated - - -

WOW that easy?? lol i was kinda worried for a second there :cool:

8. FastestClassic

FastestClassic
    Expand Collapse

This looks absolutely fantastic! Just like gabe said, I'm happy to see more great content creators like you showing up in this game :D

Best of luck, can't wait to drive this thing! ;)

9. monster

monster
    Expand Collapse

please please make the off road version(maybe other versions for derbies?) with solid door skins. I really love this game for the potential it has for offroading and especially my passion, derbies....BUT when the doors come open they seem to just glue themselves to whatever they touch. It gets fairly annoying going up/down a trail and a door touch a tree and you just get stuck like a fly on a sticky trap. Same goes for the derby application...

Other than my other little rant that doesn't really involve you, this truck looks amazing in the alpha stages. It reminds me of the old jeep trucks..cant wait to use this one to smash some other trucks :cool:

10. Tatangjose

Tatangjose
    Expand Collapse

ummm what do you mean by derbies?? ;? like races?? i dont know what kind of version that would be and right now it sticks to trees a lot and it is pretty annoying lol but anyway i changed the front up a little and got rid of those ridiculously Large headlights lol also campaired the size of it to gabester's pickup and the size looks pretty ok to me but it is a little too wide :/

Attached Files:

• screenshot_00033.jpg
    • screenshot_00034.jpg
    • screenshot_00036.jpg
    • screenshot_00037.jpg
    • screenshot_00038.jpg
  11. hummiliation

hummiliation
    Expand Collapse

Oh wow, looked ok before to me, but now I love the front. Keep up the great work!

12. monster

monster
    Expand Collapse

Demolition derbies. As far as a wider body, i wouldn't mind that in a crawler/off-road vehicle. it gives you a wider base (harder to roll).

13. Tatangjose

Tatangjose
    Expand Collapse

ohhh ok gotcha! lol i actually just now shortened the width if the truck by a few inches but the track width is still the same so it would still be good for crawling just with lesser body width :)

14. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

It looks absolutely massive :/ It's proportioned like a compact truck but it's bigger than the D15 which is full size. I'd recommend scaling it down by 10%.

15. WrongBrothers

WrongBrothers
    Expand Collapse

It'd also be cool if you made a more stock version, along with the off-roader. I like the design of the body, and it would look nice on standard wheels.

16. FastestClassic

FastestClassic
    Expand Collapse

I honestly thought this was going to be about the size of a Toyota Hilux. It should definitely be smaller...

Still, looking pretty good otherwise.

17. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

It is for it's current base, but I image if you worked some mesh magic it's current size would work great for a f-400 super duty type truck. (Maybe like djasper on ror, his red truck irl) or maybe a dually type with an extended bed. It looks like a ford ranger, but bigger right now, like gabester said.

18. Three O' Clubs

Three O' Clubs
    Expand Collapse

Looks awesome, very detailed looking. Cant wait to play with them big tires and that ground clearance.

19. Tatangjose

Tatangjose
    Expand Collapse

thanks! i scaled it down a bit almost the size of your pickup :)

also made a crappy little video

Attached Files:

• screenshot_00046.png
    • screenshot_00047.png
    • screenshot_00045.jpg
    #19 Tatangjose, Nov 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  20. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

That's a little better. Strangely it looks about right in the first 2 pics but still huge in the last pic (the top down view)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice