Scratches to the bodywork

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Gloriousthe1st, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Gloriousthe1st

Gloriousthe1st
    Expand Collapse

It sounds silly a game about big crashes and speed but I think having scratches to the cars may be a good detail to have in the game because not all crashes are big like scraping into a barter in a race or debris hitting the vehicle. I just think it would be good attention to detail and make the game feel a lot better.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

This has been suggested before. From what I remember, adding proper & realistic scratches is quite difficult to do, so the devs would rather focus on some more vital game parts

3. ThreeDTech21

ThreeDTech21
    Expand Collapse

Scratches could be added currently but it would be a cheap texture swap type of scratches, to add dynamic scratches would possibly require new detailed lua code

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. atv_123

atv_123
    Expand Collapse

Which I would personally be more than happy to wait for...

I personally like when things are done right rather than first done in a half baked kinda way, and then adding it in fully later because then, when the full feature is added, it hits you with all of its greatness all at once rather than just being a small "improvement"

Don't get me wrong... I want scratches, dirt, dents, and all the other stuff as much as anyone else... but for this type of game I would prefer them be done right rather than just some half baked way thus why I am perfectly happy with waiting for them to be implemented.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Ilovecarcrash101

Ilovecarcrash101
    Expand Collapse

I can agree! Having it in a playable finsished state is more exciting then getting improvements to this feature every update.
    But i want to see that on the Dev's todo list. Otherwise i can't wait for it when its maybe not gonna ever happend.

I don't think its that hard to make scrachtes for them. Basicly the only need a system that allows to draw things on the mesh by using a high UV channel. Maybe UV channel 4
    That also goes for rain drop and other effects like dirt..

• Agree Agree x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice