Scintilla GT3 Parts 2.0.2

Closer to racing than before

1. XenoYparxi

XenoYparxi
    Expand Collapse

I think it's partly due to its power being closer to something like Brabham BT62, but not having nearly as much downforce to support it, so the car is just jumpy and unpredictable.

This however drives like a dream, you can trail-brake and accelerate out of corners with confidence, not worrying about power oversteer or anything lol. Feels very planted and predictable, like you would expect from a GT3 car (at least from the impression of GT3s in racing sims lol)

2. Turbo49>

Turbo49>
    Expand Collapse

While we're at it, would you and other people mind trying this tune ? The suspension is lowered so it's a bit (a lot) bouncier, but the ride height is closer to a real GT3.
    (Put the file in the mod folder like any other mod)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  3. XenoYparxi

XenoYparxi
    Expand Collapse

also, another vid on the car from simtoober

--- Post updated ---
    Feels great! Tried on Spa and Brands, no TC and gamepad (could whip out my g27 and try it on a wheel, but feeling lazy today lol). The bounciness didn't seem to interfere at all, even moreso it felt more believable.

It also fixed some of my realism nitpicks that I had with the version straight from repository. Namely static camber on the front is now in -3 to -4 degrees range, and not so massive toe angles. Which is pretty realistic if we judge by 2019 Blancpain GT Pirelli booklet
    upload_2022-9-17_2-39-55.png

And idk if the tyres in parts were mislabeled, but they say those are 310s, but it would be nice to have 325s. Otherwise the tune can be a good default tune!
    upload_2022-9-17_2-42-0.png

• Like Like x 1
  4. Turbo49>

Turbo49>
    Expand Collapse

I'm pretty sure they are 325s

5. XenoYparxi

XenoYparxi
    Expand Collapse

well, then parts selection menu labels might need adjusting then :p also as a side note: I'm pretty sure 68 and 71 are not the tyre profiles that they have (because those are relatively high tyre profiles you would usually see on road car tyres, so the diametre would be way bigger than that), but I think 680 and 710 numbers are overall tyre diametre in mm, that would make sense for the overall tyres to be that big with 18 inch rims
    upload_2022-9-17_19-27-42.png
    --- Post updated ---
    To add to my latter post:

325s with 680mm and 710mm diametre and 18 inch rims would be = (F) 325 / 35 R18 (R) 325 / 40 R18

#345 XenoYparxi, Sep 17, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Exchy

Exchy
    Expand Collapse

AM NOT ENGLISH ENOUGH FOR DIS SHIT, will fix xd

• Like Like x 2
  7. Turbo49>

Turbo49>
    Expand Collapse

Attached Files:

8. Exchy

Exchy
    Expand Collapse

Exchy updated Scintilla GT3 Racing Parts with a new update entry:

Last lap?

Read the rest of this update entry...

• Like Like x 4
  9. Gofret

Gofret
    Expand Collapse

hey so i just wanted to bring this up since i mostly like to race in first person, dont judge lol. just wanted to ask if this was a mod side issue or only on my end. it is only seen when looking out the windows or when the doors are open
    upload_2022-9-21_17-42-14.png

#349 Gofret, Sep 21, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2022
  10. Exchy

Exchy
    Expand Collapse

delete temp/vehicles/scintilla
    try to load the game again and reply if this still so

11. Gofret

Gofret
    Expand Collapse

sure ill try that, i did do that before downloading it again, its only that part and not the fenders so i was confused

12. Exchy

Exchy
    Expand Collapse

Exchy updated Scintilla GT3 Racing Parts with a new update entry:

Small hotfix

Read the rest of this update entry...
    --- Post updated ---
    People, if you have your own ideas and sketches of improving scintilla's exterior, send here or we done for exterior changes

13. ghost_cauli

ghost_cauli
    Expand Collapse

I was just about to suggest that. Also, speaking of improving Scintilla's exterior, I have to figure out normal baking and I'll have a reworked fuel cap for you.

screenshot_2022-09-22_12-19-25.png
    Normals baked in Blender seem flipped in game (?), should I switch the Z-axis?

• Like Like x 4
  14. Exchy

Exchy
    Expand Collapse

I dont see whats wrong, but flipping normals would make mesh inside out, maybe the problem in normal texture, try to invert colors
    --- Post updated ---
    Do you know how to bake AO in blender through shading which appears on UV then gets exported as a texture?

15. Turbo49>

Turbo49>
    Expand Collapse

If you have feedback on any part of the car, even if it's the tiniest thing ever, could you post it here ? I need it to improve further the driving experience (tire grip, suspension stiffness, etc.) or any aero things, model things, anything

• Like Like x 1
  16. ghost_cauli

ghost_cauli
    Expand Collapse

Well, yes, I was talking about the texture. I had to flip the Z channel when baking normal maps, I don't know why – but after some trial and error, there it is. The edges still look a bit choppy though :confused:

screenshot_2022-09-22_23-54-44.jpg

The Civetta logo uses the same material as other badges. Feel free to further tweak the textures or model – blender file included.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  17. Exchy

Exchy
    Expand Collapse

Do you know how to bake AO in blender through shading which then gets exported as a texture
    And about my AO question? Do you have the knowledge?

18. ghost_cauli

ghost_cauli
    Expand Collapse

Ah, I thought you were asking if I can bake one for the cap myself. Yeah, I know something about that. Though I'm not sure how textures are assigned to specific UV maps (so I only used one on the cap because it works just fine there).

19. Pr9tkin

Pr9tkin
    Expand Collapse

Please FIX it!
    Пожалуйста исправьте это! ))

Attached Files:

• 4.png
  20. Turbo49>

Turbo49>
    Expand Collapse

Fixed for next update

Do y'all think the tires lose grip too fast, don't have enough grip at high speed, etc. ?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice