Scenario Suggestions - Visual Update

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by CN877, Nov 19, 2018.

1. CN877

CN877
    Expand Collapse

To the developers,

First of all, I am well aware that the scenario system is being worked on and we will be receiving an update in the future.

As the new scenario system is a work in progress I thought I would share my ideas on how to improve it while there is still a chance.

1. First of all, I would love to be able to see when I have completed a scenario, and what medal I achieved. Right now there is no sense of accomplishment when I finish a scenario, and I also don't know what scenarios I have completed and what I haven't. If we are shown the medal we achieved in the top right corner this would solve these issues. I'm not sure how hard this will be to implement but I hope it can be done.

*It would also be great if this was linked to steam rather than the game files so if I do a clean re-install my progress will be saved

Example:
    example.png

Improved completion screen (not sure what it's called). I feel this is in need of an update, the current screen feels extremely outdated and unfinished. It's too 'boxy' and most of the time there is nothing even in these boxes. Also, I am unsure if this is just for me, but at always takes at least 5 seconds for my medal/ranking to show up... I'm not sure if this is intentional or not but it feels broken and incomplete.

When scenario is completed...
    20181119142658_1.jpg
    Five or so seconds later...
    20181119142704_1.jpg

3. Improved way-point markers/checkpoints. The current checkpoints could also use improvements. Once again these feel outdated, and I'm sure a 'cleaner' looking checkpoint could be implemented. An example of a more 'clean' looking checkpoint are the way-point markers in Fortnite. I'm not saying they need to look exactly like that, but they could be used as inspiration...

Current:
    20181119142433_1.jpg

Future?
    fortnite-2fpatch-notes-2fv4-5-2fbr04-social-map-markers-1920x108-1118591.jpeg

(These ideas are also relevant to Campaign and Lightrunner game-modes etc.)

Thank you for your time and consideration,

Sincerely,
    CrimsonCrocodile

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Dr. Death

Dr. Death
    Expand Collapse

i agree a lot with your first and last suggestion.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. SetoNaikai

SetoNaikai
    Expand Collapse

For the scenarios currently we get a medal and see the time it took to complete it.

Is there any way we can see the times over time for scenarios like old school best times used to be in games?

Would make posting a high score or low time against yourself a bit more rewarding than having it disappear into nothingness forever after you've put up a time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice