WIP Beta released Satsuma 210 '58 5.01

New classic 50's Japanese car for the game

1. anselme

anselme
    Expand Collapse

oh
    oh okay
    hope you will do it
    will it be an update before the convertible ?

2. Blood-PawWerewolf

Blood-PawWerewolf
    Expand Collapse

there was a very old mod from BeamNG.drive's early days when there was only the pickup, that had a retractable roof

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Land Cruiser

Land Cruiser
    Expand Collapse

4. RacerRobin24

RacerRobin24
    Expand Collapse

My Goodness Me! Mike! You were a born professional! An absolutely adorable mod! This one will stay in my virtual driveway for a very long time. This is only the second time EVER on BeamNG I have ever said this but, you should feel mighty bloody proud of yourself. What an absolutely stunning mod. Both aesthetically and Audically! <3 Love It. Keep up the good word and keep updating this beauty!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. rsb0204

rsb0204
    Expand Collapse

that would be the 49' Cadillac by mythbuster. soft top was an amazing piece of work. ive still got it on my hard drive somewhere.

-edit-

I went digging on my old drive and found it, would you belive it works flawlessly with the current version of beamng? the only thing that dosent work is the speedometer.

#345 rsb0204, Sep 13, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Cutlass

Cutlass
    Expand Collapse

its a great mod, but the pickups have a texture glitch

7. zander12gaming

zander12gaming
    Expand Collapse

soo make datsun 240z roadkill show general mayhem

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Cheekqo

Cheekqo
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

gramer
    Consider not requesting anything as it just bugs the developer of the mod.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Otto von Biscuit

Otto von Biscuit
    Expand Collapse

Or make a proper Request, showing the modder why he should spend dozens of hours on something. explain why it would benefit the community and or the game.

in the case of the Datsun 240z, we have a stock car filling that niche being the 200 BX (Japanese RWD Coupe)
    and in case of the general Mayhem we have the Barstow and one of many body mods that fill the late 60's Muscle Slot.

10. Cheekqo

Cheekqo
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Exactly, this mod looks finished as its a really good make.

11. Otto von Biscuit

Otto von Biscuit
    Expand Collapse

@mike94 is probably the best modder around

12. Cheekqo

Cheekqo
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Yep, no one is bad at modding....
    With the exception of Russian or modders who steal everything.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. marijn123@lol

marijn123@lol
    Expand Collapse

are you working on the Convertible

14. mike94

mike94
    Expand Collapse

There has been some progress on it lately, but the model is not ready yet. I got a full-time job, so I don't have much time to spare for the convertible. I think I can manage to get it done and released before Christmas.

15. DeLorean_4

DeLorean_4
    Expand Collapse

*Please delete* I originally pointed out what I thought was a historical/functional mistake regarding the horn ring being deleted from base models, but discovered they were indeed offered as optional equipment on certain cars historically. *Please delete*

#355 DeLorean_4, Oct 22, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
  16. robert357

robert357
    Expand Collapse

I think rear suspension for pickup and maybe for van should be more stiffer. I loaded crate on pickup and I just start swimming on the road leaning from side to side.

17. mike94

mike94
    Expand Collapse

Did you load the pickup with the 1000 kg crate? The real one has the maximum payload of 850 kg.:D But seriously, there is one problem with the truck rear springs.
    I calculated the spring rates of the leaf springs couple of weeks ago using the dimensions from the owner's manual and the current springs are still much stiffer than the real Datsun springs and especially the trucks are just bouncing around on the bumpy corners. The reason why the truck rear springs feel too soft when heavily loaded is that they lack the very stiff auxiliary leafs of the real Datsun springs. They come in touch with the main leafs when the suspension is near the bump stops and prevent bottoming out. This picture shows what the auxiliary leaf looks like:
    leaf.png
    I have already improved the suspension and made the axles as stiff as they can be. The auxiliary leaf jbeam and their models will be added to the truck rear springs in the convertible update. The crates from the Dove pickup will also return to demonstrate the increased load capacity. The independent front suspension I mentioned months ago is also jbeamed, but not modeled yet and it will be also included in the update

The convertible top has now untextured model and the folding frame has been jbeamed. Now it's time to jbeam the fabric and that seems to be the hardest part to get fold correctly without spiking. I will post some pictures, when the models are more complete.:)

• Like Like x 4
  18. robert357

robert357
    Expand Collapse

Crate have only 200kg and rear suspension don't like it on the corners. Hay Bale have ~500kg and car act like boat on the sea. I don't know, maybe shock absorbers are too weak?

19. disloyalpick

disloyalpick
    Expand Collapse

Why is the filesize 200MB for a car? Lol. Just wondering.

20. Otto von Biscuit

Otto von Biscuit
    Expand Collapse

Fully Custom Scripts, Models, Textures, Sounds etc. All of it adds up quite quickly

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice