1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Same steering problem for a few months

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Zalmoxis, Dec 20, 2015.

1. Zalmoxis

Zalmoxis
    Expand Collapse

Is there a way to request a refund on steam? I am tired of waiting to actually play this damn game. I got 14h in steam, 4 of which I spent trying to configure my controller every patch since you guys made a new input system or something.

I have made threads here stating my problem, submitting all requested files, etc. All with no use. And I'd rather spend my money on something playable not a car game in which I can't even configure my bindings properly.

2. bgrunwald

bgrunwald
    Expand Collapse

you know, if you can't play with a controller, how bout' you at least TRY it with keyboard, the game was indeed designed around it...

3. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

Whats your controller?

4. Zalmoxis

Zalmoxis
    Expand Collapse

I did try with a keyboard. It's awful.

And my controller is a Serioux low end model.

5. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

It could be your controller isn't supported yet in game?
    That's all I can say. my Logitech G25 works just fine with BeamNG, same with my joystick and other controllers.

Your best bet would be to talk to a dev and ask for controller support for your controller if there isn't any already.
    Otherwise, I would just buy a controller with known BeamNG compatibility.

6. Zalmoxis

Zalmoxis
    Expand Collapse

It did work perfectly several patches ago. No complaints then. After which they "improved" something and it ruined it.

I have been trying to talk for a few patches now. I am tired of waiting and I want my money back.

7. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Sorry to hear about your issue. We are a small team, and we have quite many tickets to reply daily. It happens that sometimes we cannot manage to follow properly each of them.
    Stenyak already gave you an answer on that, but seeing that didn't bring a concrete solution I will solicit him to give a look at here again.

We are constantly working on all the aspects on the game, and if we are going to change sometimes, it's inevitable that those changes are not going to break 'older' files. Yet, Stenyak works hard to avoid that at all costs.

Inputmaps shouldn't reset anyway with an update. If that happens to you, then it's not normal.
    You say it happens at each update?
    When you launch the game for the first after an update, do you get a window with a 'progress bar' ?

Could you please tell us which one is your controller?
    http://www.serioux.com/products/gaming/list
    We might get one to help you with your issue :)

If you are unhappy (understandable..), contact our support: https://support.beamng.com/
    Or give us one more chance to actually help you.

#7 Nadeox1, Dec 21, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
  8. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    Programmer & Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

After analyzing your logs, I see nothing wrong, I am unable to reproduce any issues like you describe, and it is the only case I am aware of (from our support channel, forums, etc).

Therefore I need to buy the controller in order to hopefully get the same problems. Unfortunately, its Windows drivers seem to be pretty shitty, so I don't get any useful information about the hardware in our logs. The device calls itself "network usb joystick", but then proceeds to identify itself as a "gamepad"... well, you get the idea.

We would need you to tell us which exact make and model of device it is, otherwise I'm unable to buy the thing in order to actually test it and try to reproduce your issues. Thanks!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice