Unsolved RS7 modified in blender to Beamng drive

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by Eli_Audi, May 16, 2021.

1. Eli_Audi

Eli_Audi
    Expand Collapse

I have tried to bring a RS7 modified in blender to Beamng drive. Problem is that only some parts are visible in Beamng drive. Most parts are missing. Some parts have wrong position after transfer, eg. the hood is located below surface and 90° turned down. Can you help? Do you want to have the zip file, to find the issue? The model I have taken from following web side:
    http://www.gtainside.com/en/gta5/cars/81699-audi-rs7-2016/
    http://www.gtainside.com/en/gta5/cars/87192-audi-rs7-sportback-2015-replace-addon/
    Than I had exported it to blender and separated all parts and added the details from ETK.
    For importing the model to Beamng I used this instruction: https://www.beamng.com/threads/tutorial-v2-0-updated-putting-you-car-into-beamng.7382/
    Than I gave all parts a proper name. Before importing to beamng I setted the coordinate system for all parts to 0. Before transfer to beamng I deleted the cache.

upload_2021-5-16_13-18-2.png

Does anybody know and give me a hint what was going wrong here?

Attached Files:

• rs7_body.png
    • rs7tuning.png
    • 20210509182612_1.jpg
    #1 Eli_Audi, May 16, 2021
    Last edited: May 16, 2021
  2. PessimaBoi

PessimaBoi
    Expand Collapse

Try this: In blender select parts press left ctrl + a and apply all transforms.

3. Eli_Audi

Eli_Audi
    Expand Collapse

thanks for quick response, I tryed out your proposed action, but it was not successful.

4. TC203

TC203
    Expand Collapse

If you go into the jbeam files of the objects that are in the wrong place, go to the flexbodies section and look if, next to the mesh name, there is a section that says stuff like “pos” and “rot” in it. If there is, delete it. I’m not sure what’s going on with the missing ones. I had (and still do) a problem where the mesh only appeared on one side. This could be your issue. I would also double-check mesh names too.

I don’t think this applies but you could try it:
    On an object that is in the wrong place, go into blender and press n to see, in the translation section, if you have moved it. If you have, take a photo of how much you moved it, so you can remember. Then just set all the translation values to 0. Next, go into edit mode and move it back to how you had it before, using the photo for reference. If you go back in object mode and press n, you should see all the values are still 0. Repeat this for all the parts.

#4 TC203, May 16, 2021
    Last edited: May 16, 2021
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice