New Quick Race layouts, and much more.

Read the rest of this update entry...

2. 440cid

440cid
    Expand Collapse

3. MattKowalski

MattKowalski
    Expand Collapse

Same thing here, cleared the cache, dowloaded it again but nothing.

4. Ewanc

Ewanc
    Expand Collapse

I asked the moderator test it for any errors, textures or otherwise, and they reassured me that it looked good with no errors. Id like to figure it out if you still have the problem. I tested out the zip file with no other mods installed and it worked fine.

Could be a download error. That or maybe a conflict with another mod.

5. MattKowalski

MattKowalski
    Expand Collapse

It still does not appear, I'll try in safe mode and then add mods progressively to see what's causing it. I'll keep you posted.

edit: Nope. Safe mode, cleard cache, downloaded again. No clue as to why it doesn't show up :-/

#25 MattKowalski, Mar 8, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
  6. WeatherKidNH

WeatherKidNH
    Expand Collapse

Disappears on my end as well :\

7. Ewanc

Ewanc
    Expand Collapse

Try this out:
    Check the mods list in-game; see if its visible there; make sure its enabled in the list.
    If not, I'd suggest removing the ZIP file from the mods folder and extract the Road Atlanta directory in the ZIP file to your "Documents\BeamNG.drive\levels" folder. It wont appear in the mods list in-game, but it should load in the free-roam and quick-play menus.

8. UnfriendlyHero

UnfriendlyHero
    Expand Collapse

Thank you for the mod!!

9. IceyChow

IceyChow
    Expand Collapse

Great mod, I found that I had to unzip the RoadAtlanta.zip file from the mod depository downloads then extract the RoadAtlanta file from within the 'levels' document and then rezip that file.
    After doing so your new 'RoadAtlanta.zip' file should unzip to all the mods documents (art, quickrace, info.json), it is this file that you then put into your 'mods' file which then allows it to appear in your free roam menus. (I still get the missing textures messages but at least I can race+drift now!)

10. Ewanc

Ewanc
    Expand Collapse

Hey Icey, I'm relieved you got it working. Thanks for confirming and clarifying. I'm still confused why the zip isn't working for some people. No one but the moderator told me it works. I'll do some digging just to see.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ytrewq

Ytrewq
    Expand Collapse

Mind fixing that floating building?
    screenshot_00074.png

12. Ewanc

Ewanc
    Expand Collapse

Sure thing, Ill be giving everything a collision mesh next update too.

• Like Like x 1
  13. 1185323118

Expand Collapse

I'll suggest that to make the old track as a separate map since T10 from original track is really different from the current one

14. Ewanc

Ewanc
    Expand Collapse

Next up: I'm remaking the entire track from scratch. It was just incorrect, based off of old GPS tracks and topographical maps. The next edition will use LIDAR for the whole 2 Km area of the map. Just driving on the raw scan surface is an experience, so expect some awesome driving and exploring when I finish it eventually. It will include improved walls, fences, curbs, and I might redo some props and ramp up the detail, like with Trail Mountain.
    ralaspics1.jpg ralaspics2.jpg

15. 440cid

440cid
    Expand Collapse

I finally got it working.

For unknown reason this map is conflicting with Trial Mountain. I removed Trial Mountain and suddenly Road Atlanta appears on the map list. I moved back Trial Mountain afterwards and they both show up. I don't really understand this...

16. Ewanc

Ewanc
    Expand Collapse

I think the menu problem has somthing to do with shared or conflicting files between the 2 levels. I ofyen reuse things, so its bound to pop up. I'll go through everything and see wher I went wrong. Thanks for the heads up, Im sure others could use this trick to get it working temporary.

17. Ewanc

Ewanc
    Expand Collapse

This week, I got started remodeling this level. Previously, I had just experimented with importing laser scanned cartography, but now I'm actually implementing it on a large scale.

So far Ive fine tuned the LIDAR 3D model, so its game ready and ready to use as a reference for my 3D model of the track. I now have about half of the road surface modeled over top of it. I tested that half in-game and it looks and drives very different from my original level, and much more fun than my test drives on the "dirt road rough" LIDAR mesh.

I plan on "shrink wrapping" the BeamNG terrain file over the LIDAR mesh surface for most of the 2MK square map, and then model out the race surface in high poly meshes to make it super smooth and high accuracy. I also have tons of 3D models lined up to make this track even better than before.
    Here's what the race surface (colored wire frame geometry) looks like layed over the gray scale LIDAR mesh. It looks the same as above in-game.
    RAmax01.jpg

#37 Ewanc, Aug 9, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Ewanc

Ewanc
    Expand Collapse

Just a quick progress update. This is my first project using high fidelity topography, so its been all learning cruve and slow getting started.

Having gotten past that phase, I have the terrain all carved out from the LIDAR and track meshes, so its drivable all the way around and roughed out in the outfields. Modeling wise Im modeling the track shape out to the walls using my personal modeling style for added smoothness, acuracy and for adding modeled-in mesh details. The banking is "perfect", as in matched as closely to the LIDAR as possable. I'm moving on to modeled-in details now; I have all of the main rumble strips built. At this point the race surface is 90% done, so driving it feels pretty awsome. When I get the track side details and trees added back in it will be pretty fun.

The next task will be building new walls, fences, and tire barriors. I'm also almost done preparing some new TSOs to populate the pits and all the barren spots.

#38 Ewanc, Aug 21, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Ewanc

Ewanc
    Expand Collapse

Road Atlanta LIDAR 0.80 - (Private) Beta test

I'm not doing a public release yet, to cut down on spam, so PM me if you can help.

I'm looking for beta testers and co-authors for my LIDAR update of Road Atlanta. Im starting this weekend, to whenever i'm done cleaning it up. I don't think the groups part of the site is working, plus Ive never used them, so this should be an OK solution.

Mostly I'll be looking for the type of bugs that will hurt the release, like the ghost objects on straightaways and bumps that appeared when I released Grand Valley. I'd also like help on the non-modeling side, like with scenario ideas, and the other mechanics, etc, that make a map pop visually and feature wise.

This version is radically different from RA2.0, almost a complete remake. Namely: the terrain is new, and you wont find a single piece that didn't go under my cursory. Also made new hittable features, like curbs, walls, and most of the many scenery props are hittable. I designed the AI path to be narrower than the road so it can weave through corners smoother and it works more race-like but still needs to be put through the paces.

#39 Ewanc, Oct 6, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
    • Like Like x 6
  20. Danny Werewolf

Danny Werewolf
    Expand Collapse

Bump, but I love this mod so idgaf.

Finally, someone actually eyes down the AI and doesn't just add it as a gimmick... Thanks so much, can't wait for more progress!

(mainly just doing this to attempt to keep the thread a bit more active)

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice