Released RK's Highly Customizable Engine (Now V8!) 4.0.7

The Most Customizable Engines on the Forum! Now even better with a Rotary!

1. Carbon Tuna

Carbon Tuna
    Expand Collapse

If it's not too much trouble, a 0.5,0.6,0.7, and 0.8 would suffice. Thank you for considering this!

2. Depleuer

Depleuer
    Expand Collapse

I think the V8 Diesel Temperaturs aren´t woring correctly, but mb its just me. i have tested it on the newest version and i have gotten the same problems on te bus and the pickup, so yeah, mb you missplaced some numbers?

Attached Files:

• fullthrottle.png
    • nothrottle.png
  3. R4NKING

R4NKING
    Expand Collapse

wrote it on my todo list, i fixed the v8 temp few updates ago, maybe i missed some diesels.

4. ma_t1

ma_t1
    Expand Collapse

Is there any way to reduce uneven engine idle from running aggressive cams? I know harmonic dampers help a bit but anything above stage 2 with an ECU makes the idle very uneven and go up and down by like 500, sometimes the engine just stalls because it gets so low. Also, some suggestions, you've probably heard them before but in case you haven't: adjustable cam lift and duration in the tuning menu, more boxer engines (specifically F12s), maybe more ways to adjust how the exhaust sounds?

Also I've noticed the sound for the turbo spooling up occasionally glitches and doesn't turn off again, even if the engine is off or destroyed, until I reset again. I have only noticed it once, today, with the V12 engine with twin and quad turbos, though I haven't tried those turbos on other engines or the V12 with other turbos.

#824 ma_t1, Dec 6, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2022
  5. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

Perhaps under ECU try using custom ignition and boost the low end, maybe that'll help? Aggressive cams cause garbage idles irl too.

6. Depleuer

Depleuer
    Expand Collapse

Oh and there is another, lets call it bug, where if you were to go low power on your engine, like below ~ 70 ps, that then the engine will run while spawned, but if shut off, will lock up and kill itself. works on any car with any engine, there you can get the power low enough.
    oh and on the i3 i tryed increasing the torque for the 0.66 and 0.5L Engine Blocks th 50 nm at 100rpm, and still would lock up like before. pls fix haha

Attached Files:

• startup08L.png
    • startup066L.png
    • Lockupi410L.png
    • Lockup05L.png
    • lockup066L.png
    • Like Like x 2
  7. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

Could also use 1.5L Inline 4. Just to make Vtec Turbos from like the 1980s or whenever that configuration was a thing.

And be "accurate" even though the same exact thing can be made with 1.4/1.6

8. ma_t1

ma_t1
    Expand Collapse

Yes, I believe it is due to intake and exhaust valves being breifly open at the same time, which variable valve timing in the tuning menu could solve. But I could also be wrong and its caused by something else.

9. Candy 648

Candy 648
    Expand Collapse

I am curios if you gonna add more engines that dont exist in unmodded Beamng,and will you add more sounds? Maybe from other games

10. R4NKING

R4NKING
    Expand Collapse

adding good engine sounds is hard, tried it with a engine sound tool, doesn't make good quaility sounds. But diesel versions of every engine will come. But right now i don't have that much time to work on, hopefully end of december will change :)

11. Candy 648

Candy 648
    Expand Collapse

I actually meant completely differenet engines,rotaries,2 Strokes,1 Cyl Etc

12. R4NKING

R4NKING
    Expand Collapse

for those i also would need new sounds.
    Rotary is demanded alot, but that would need alot of work to make that. also the sound should change by different engine parts. so i would need more then one rotary sound.

13. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

Few things too.

If you ever find alternate Inline 5/6 sounds that'd be nice. (asking a lot I know)

Some vehicles still have exhaust issues where RK engines make them very loud, like the 90's Pessima or Miramar.

14. R4NKING

R4NKING
    Expand Collapse

but does the exhaust line up and the exhaust gases comes trough the exhaust or right behind the engine?

15. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

I'll have to check, I'll get back to you on that. I'm about the be tweaking Jbeam files outside of the game, when I start it up in 1-3hrs I can inspect that.

16. R4NKING

R4NKING
    Expand Collapse

that would help alot thanks :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

It would appear the exhaust system is working, but what I don't understand is why it is inexplicably so much louder then a normal Inline 4 on the 90's Pessima (midsize)

18. R4NKING

R4NKING
    Expand Collapse

my exhausts are always louder on every engine, but you can change that with the valve system. (you can change open or closed loudness to be very quite)

19. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

Ohhh!

20. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

The interior fuel cells on the 90's Pessima and Legran do not seem to work standalone with RK engines. (Remove normal fuel tanks and they don't operate with petrol/gas)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice