WIP RJM Motors Orion

Discussion in 'Land' started by Nandelor, Dec 6, 2015.

1. Nandelor

Nandelor
    Expand Collapse

So late last night (and now morning) I was playing BeamNG and decided I was finally try to build a car of my own. So I got some blueprints as reference and now I'm wondering how I got so much done so quickly. This is the RJM Motors Orion. It is a kit car based on early 1900s race cars that runs on your choice of V8 engine and transmission. It has a limited slip differential and leaf springs on a solid rear axle. As of now the plans are for a double wishbone front suspension with no power steering unit so you really have to have good car control. The interior will be a small dash with digital Tachometer and Speedometer and a small fuel gauge. The rest will be padded leather on the rim of the cockpit and a classic style racing seat and wooden and metal steering wheel. This car will not be street legal, so there are no headlights or taillights. it will come with a set of either body color or black painted classic racing wheels and tires. And now, some progress pictures. Enjoy. If anybody is willing to help me figure out laying out texturing this and JBeaming it would be much appreciated. orion1.png orion2.png orion3.png orion4.png orion5.png

• Like Like x 10
  2. Yama

Yama
    Expand Collapse

Hmm interesting one :p

• Like Like x 1
  3. djbutter

djbutter
    Expand Collapse

i would like to see this in game. and you have a good bit in that time frame

• Like Like x 3
  4. Red exhaust

Red exhaust
    Expand Collapse

Could you show us the wireframe structure?

5. HaiHerro

HaiHerro
    Expand Collapse

looks pretty good :D id like to see this in game

• Like Like x 1
  6. Nandelor

Nandelor
    Expand Collapse

7. Nandelor

Nandelor
    Expand Collapse

Most likely my final progress for the day. Will try to do interior during the week.
    orion7.png

• Like Like x 3
  8. cowboy905

cowboy905
    Expand Collapse

That way to big. Look at a car that already in game.

9. Scepheo

Scepheo
    Expand Collapse

There is absolutely nothing in that picture that tells you how big that car is, so what are you talking about?

10. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Yes there is, the blender modelling grid underneath is 1m per square by default.

11. cowboy905

cowboy905
    Expand Collapse

12. Scepheo

Scepheo
    Expand Collapse

By default, yes. I change it all the time as the grid size affects the snapping behaviour. That image still tells you nothing.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice