Rising storm 2: Vietnam

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by derpfleet55, Mar 8, 2016.

?

Interested in this game?

1. Yes.

6 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. No.

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. derpfleet55

derpfleet55
    Expand Collapse

I am a fan of the redorchestra/rising storm series of games, and now finally a gameplay trailer for Rising Storm 2 (Vietnam) is here. I for one cannot wait, anyone else share my enthusiasm?

Gameplay trailer [Not sure i would watch this at work]

For those who don't know what the redorchestra/rising storm series is; Redorchestra/rising storm is a game series centered in the second world war (so far) with Redorchestra focusing on the eastern campaign of Russia vs Germany, and rising storm (1) focusing on the war in the pacific. Gameplay is gritty, asymmetric and brutal; each side is different, there is no "class balance" from side to side like battlefield or other similar(ish) shooters like insurgency, and bullets kill. Furthermore to compare to insurgency, insurgency is much easier, and more forgiving. In terms of gameplay and difficulty the closest comparison I can give is a mix between the battlefield series (large maps, some vehicles in the eastern campaign, 64 players default, and the game's controls somewhat resemble that kind of shooter) and the ARMA series (gritty realism; Arma is actually easier to survive in). For those that may be interested in any way understand this series doesn't hold your hand in any way, kinda like beam in terms of handling; If you start out and rush in like you are playing battlefield You will die endlessly, and staying back in fear of death will reward you no points; If you decide to play this game for the first time expect to die endlessly for many many hours, and many many games. Don't be discouraged however, there are moments in these games that no other battlefield, cod, arma, insurgency or any shooter for that matter can match. Now Its going to Vietnam, an era of automatic weapons, CCR and jungle cliche's..
    Welcome to the jungle.

2. amarks240

amarks240
    Expand Collapse

ARMA is pretty fun. Ive heard red orchestra is miserably difficult.

• Like Like x 1
  3. derpfleet55

derpfleet55
    Expand Collapse

I have to agree, expect to die endlessly at first, its not an easy game by any means.. once you learn the ropes however it becomes endlessly satisfying, and every other realistic based shooter instantly becomes easy. Not to say the game isn't fun: once you learn how to play every kill, every assist, every point you assault or defend, and even sometimes deaths become incredibly satisfying, enough so for me that I have difficulty finding fun in other less serious games like battlefield and even insurgency. Arma though.. arma is special, especially considering for me with the zeus module its the best RTS game ever, since you can join your troops.

4. lukerules117

lukerules117
    Expand Collapse

Umm since when is ARMA an RTS? And I actually found rising storm and red orchestra pretty easy to get into.

• Like Like x 1
  5. derpfleet55

derpfleet55
    Expand Collapse

I just like playing it as an rts/fps, i find it fun to hold mass battles over altis and stratis between the three factions. Also for red-orchestra I should have said the initial difficulty depends on the player; If they are used to cod, or battlefield styled games where rushing is a viable strategy to be top of the scoreboard, it may be difficult. Sounds like you know how to play with some reason, and that\s a good thing. How do you like redorchesta?

6. cessni

cessni
    Expand Collapse

Can't wait for this game! I think it has a much better gameplay than Arma. Though the graphics are a bit outdated.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice