Request: A way to parent animated model to vehicle

Discussion in 'World Editor' started by ffzero58, Jan 29, 2022.

1. ffzero58

ffzero58
    Expand Collapse

I've been experimenting more with animated dae imports into BeamNG and have gotten it to work again in 0.24. Is there a way to have this model seated in the vehicle and move with it? Will there be a way to do this in a future release? Thank you.

This is what I have so far:
    https://imgur.com/a/dWaYi67

upload_2022-1-29_16-15-36.png

I've been wanting to use this engine as a machinima sandbox - it is so tantalizingly close.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

As far as I know trying to use animated DAE on a car crashes the game, and you would have to separate the animation into individual frames that are separate objects, and cycle through them using a custom LUA script. But that could be outdated info.

3. ffzero58

ffzero58
    Expand Collapse

That does sound very involved... is there no LUA code that would take the vehicle world position and feed it into the position of the animated model?

How would one be able to use an animated DAE on the car to even cause the crash? Thanks.

4. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

I have no idea what exactly the people who tested it did to almost get it to work, I don't have that much LUA knowledge

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice