WIP Beta released Realistic Police Lights Mod (Official Thread)

Discussion in 'Mods and Skins' started by WarDaddyUSA, Mar 17, 2021.

1. WarDaddyUSA

WarDaddyUSA
    Expand Collapse

I’m not familiar with the Whelen DVIs, mind posting a link to the flash pattern you are talking about?

2. WYO Garage

WYO Garage
    Expand Collapse

Skip to about 1:20. My buddy works for a sheriffs department a county over and their trucks are equipped with them. much kinder on the eyes when there is a few of them on a scene.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jackets64

Jackets64
    Expand Collapse

I don’t think BeamNG allows the sort of gradual turning on, hence the reason you don’t see that on halogen lights throughout older vehicles in the game. This would make that idea mostly impossible.

4. WYO Garage

WYO Garage
    Expand Collapse

I guess its possible. Figure with all the graphical updates and fine detailing gradual lighting would find its way in. Cant imagine it would be hard to implement.

5. sharden514

sharden514
    Expand Collapse

I've run into an error with the Grand Marshall. The lights don't work like they do on the Roamer, and the patterns on it are the default options on the vanilla modern lightbar, rather than the ones on the undercover option for the lighting system.

6. ChickenFromSanDeigo

ChickenFromSanDeigo
    Expand Collapse

its a good mod

7. WarDaddyUSA

WarDaddyUSA
    Expand Collapse

They are 2 significantly different systems when it comes the patterns. Lightbars don’t use the same patterns as the slicktop lights.
    --- Post updated ---
    Thank you!

8. ImJacksBrother

ImJacksBrother
    Expand Collapse

On the D-Series, the R/W ELS textures don't work, only shows red.

9. Citybuild122

Citybuild122
    Expand Collapse

I really love this mod for the crown vic and your modeling of the lights are pretty damn spot on.

My only complaint is that the actual light parts don't have that "neon" effect that the crown vic's stock lights do. I tried my best to get them that bright, but couldn't do it.

10. JoshD

JoshD
    Expand Collapse

As far as I know the crown vic's lights were updated with the new bloom lighting effect & this mod has not.

11. Citybuild122

Citybuild122
    Expand Collapse

Well that definitely makes sense. I sure hope this gets updated, but there hasn't been an update in 8 months and I believe the author hasn't been active since November.

Is there an easy way that I can update it? Like I know when PBR came out it was relatively simple to add it through the editor to the mod. Same way maybe?

12. Borg Drone

Borg Drone
    Expand Collapse

deleted
    wrong thread

#312 Borg Drone, Apr 4, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2023
  13. TheBlackSunburst

TheBlackSunburst
    Expand Collapse

Something strange occurred for me, I was driving the Gavril Grand Marshal using the RPL mod including the Wig-Wags. The problem I ran into has to do with the vehicle parts selector. I changed the wheels and engine and made a super-cop, but I'd noticed once I switched on the lights, the rear Wig-Wags were not showing. I moved my cursor onto the selector and back to the map, but they still did not show. Please let me know if I am doing something wrong, here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice