Released Realistic Headlight Patterns

Discussion in 'Mods and Skins' started by Jfef, Feb 20, 2022.

1. notpee

notpee
    Expand Collapse

interesting

ask agent_y he might know how to make a mod like that

• Like Like x 1
  2. notpee

notpee
    Expand Collapse

well if you have the time and if you want to
    --- Post updated ---
    upload_2022-3-22_21-11-37.png

bastion foglights arent centered

3. robert357

robert357
    Expand Collapse

Nice job with Cherrier lights!

I see modern lights in Roamer again lost its more white colour :)

Since you lowered Roamer lights, can you also adjust modern D-series lights (Base and High End Headlights that go with Late Front Fascia) and Tograc lights?

Any plans to improve rally and offroad lights? Not necessary to make light patterns for them but simply change light cones. For example D-series Prerunner have 6 offroad lights that are exactly the same where I think it should have something like 1 pair of spot lights and 2 pair of flood lights. Similar thing with rally lights for Civetta and Sunburst. Perfect example should be Civetta, because it have 4 lights placed on hood and 2 on bumpers. These on bumpers usually were pointed to better illuminate corners. Not to mention that in game there are option to have LED and Halogen bulbs for offroad lights but it doesn't change anything, at least for me.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jfef

Jfef
    Expand Collapse

Oh yeah my bad, ill fix it within the next update when i also adjust the height of the beams. Thanks :)

Oh yes, for the roamer i dont think i did anything to them yet but i will soon. For the offroad rally lights, i might be able to do it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. PeceOnStm

PeceOnStm
    Expand Collapse

For me the location is %localappdata%\BeamNG.drive\0.24\mods

6. Nazu

Nazu
    Expand Collapse

i already figured it out

7. Jfef

Jfef
    Expand Collapse

Alright, so after a while I finally have some free time (an entire week :). So currently im fixing up a few headlights, mostly just aiming them down a bit. Got some motivation though so after shifting all the beams down a bit, I will try to make some sort of script that will allow manual adjustments of the headlights and if possible, make it turn. Not promising though as I never had experience with such things. Will probably follow tutorials and spend quite a bit of time on it.

• Like Like x 3
  8. notpee

notpee
    Expand Collapse

adaptive/cornering headlights?? o_O

9. Jfef

Jfef
    Expand Collapse

Basically yes, but ita gonna take a while though because i still need to learn some basic lua things :)

• Like Like x 2
  10. TheInsider

TheInsider
    Expand Collapse

Thank you so much for keeping it alive! I wonder if its possible for you to also brighten the emergency lights. They don't seem bright enough against the environment if you ask me.

11. SKB

SKB
    Expand Collapse

WarDaddyUSAs realistic police light pack is good for this

12. Jfef

Jfef
    Expand Collapse

Quick little update, as of right now, I just need to adjust a few more headlight beams and I can upload the updated file. As for the cornerning light, for now im still experimenting with lua and things. And its still a long way till it will work (still doesnt work at all ;-;).
    --- Post updated ---
    upload_2022-4-8_10-43-45.png
    example from the etkc, it used to be straight and now its angled down slightly so that it still lights up things in front of us with some range and when accelerating it wont go to the sky or other cars.

upload_2022-4-8_10-45-18.png
    The beam from above, the light range on for the right side is far and the left side is short

• Like Like x 2
  13. robert357

robert357
    Expand Collapse

Just out of curiosity. Is it done using real law guidelines?

14. SKB

SKB
    Expand Collapse

Probably, probably not,

15. PowerstrokeHD

PowerstrokeHD
    Expand Collapse

I hope you mean cornering light and not a concerning light

16. notpee

notpee
    Expand Collapse

lmfao

17. Jfef

Jfef
    Expand Collapse

Yes and No, for the beams yes. Most eu cars that have a projector headlight have "DOT" beam patterns, not all though. Some cars with a projector low beam and reflector highbeam can have a "ECE" beam pattern (the one that goes up like 45 degrees). Then what kinda makes me confused is that in america a lot of the beams are just flat. For the height of the beam, I just used some logic and test it with another car ingame. Currently, im also looking at some real life beams, what I have noticed is that with tall SUV's the beams are positioned quite high and if you are up against a wall you can see the beam angled down a lot.
    --- Post updated ---
    This one is for the ece pattern like the one you find in the sunburst.

for the DOT I just found an "official" standard for the beams. (for the eu atleast)
    upload_2022-4-9_14-45-11.png
    upload_2022-4-9_14-45-22.png
    the bottom one is if the left headlight is aimed lower then the right

For the angle of the beam it should be like this.
    Originally, the beams are like the one in the middle, games like gta v is angled too low like the bottom graph. The top one is the opimal one as it lights up the roads well but also has decent range. This ofcourse is different for suvs and tall vehicles as they are higher up.
    --- Post updated ---
    Back then, before the pbr major update, the ADAS mod from angelo234 had a new feature, the auto highbeams. (https://www.beamng.com/resources/advanced-driver-assistance-systems.17384/) it worked with the mod and was a cool feature, sadly though it made the entire mod break so now its not there anymore, still an amazing mod though and you should give it a try.

• Like Like x 3
  18. notpee

notpee
    Expand Collapse

vehicle manufacturers being lazy and US regulations for vehicle lighting are trash

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. fabio

fabio
    Expand Collapse

There is almost a month without reply in this topic, so let me bump this thread a bit. :)
    I have to say, last update was a good improvment .)
    Bryan, did you consider including into this mod more cars? I think, for example, Cherier Picnic is worth attention.

-Fabio

• Like Like x 1
  20. SKB

SKB
    Expand Collapse

I had asked Lucas about the picnic having this mod, he doesn't want it on the picnic, but I'm not 100% sure..
    @LucasBE?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice