RC Monster Trucks

Discussion in 'Beam-Monsters' started by bluntfello, Jan 14, 2019.

1. bluntfello

bluntfello
    Expand Collapse

How much bigger is the Mad Crusher compared to a Stampede 4x4? That would give me a better idea. I can't really use a truck that is much bigger than a Stampede in my backyard where I plan on doing most of my bashing.

2. mrgrimmonster

mrgrimmonster
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ethan Saunders

Ethan Saunders
    Expand Collapse

I race Pro mod in a Tour called RCMYCNY, I've been racing for 8 years now, any questions about Pro mods (clod busters) ask me

Attached Files:

• IMG_1195.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  4. bluntfello

bluntfello
    Expand Collapse

Nice trucks Ethan. I'm torn right now between the Kyosho, an Axial SCX10 kit, or one of the Axial MT10's that are still out there.

5. ROCKGODBOSS

ROCKGODBOSS
    Expand Collapse

Well, a stampede is 1/12 scale, so a wheely king would be closest size wise, but an SMT10 comes with the tiny tires, a 1/12 stampede is small compared to a proper SMT10, or clod, or Kyosho.

Yes I know traxxas says that the stampede is 1/10, but its really the size of a 1/12 because its just a shorten slash with slightly bigger tires.

SMT10 size
    smt10.png

Mad Crusher size

MadCrusher.png

Oh and for those on discord, join the RC server
    https://discord.gg/X9EDPtm

6. bluntfello

bluntfello
    Expand Collapse

Yeah I've always heard about the Pede being 1/10, never looked at it as 12 though. I almost bit on a Kyosho at $500 but it seems to have little aftermarket support and I don't know if I can mount the tires I currently have. I'm still on the Axials that are available because they have a huge aftermarket support of hop up parts. Most come with a sick roll cage and a driver, you can adjust the suspension and make some really cool MT mods. I just wanna make sure whatever I buy, I don't regret buying later you know.

7. ROCKGODBOSS

ROCKGODBOSS
    Expand Collapse

uh, well Axial is rumered to bring back the SMT without the Monster jam shit, so maybe if you dont need a truck right away you can get that, But that SCX10 dosent sound too bad, The axles are not as wide as the wraith/SMT10 axles, but depending on what wheels/rims you have that might not matter. The issue with them is they would be locked, and generaly open is better for the Monsters, less stress on drivetrain, and much more stable, my wheelyking with locked axles could not stay up for more then like 5 second on any grippy surface.
    Another thing with the SCX 10, is that it is a ladder chassis with no cradle, though there is a company that makes a cradle that bolts right up to the stock frame, so SCX10, Monster tires and aftermarket cradle could be pretty sick, and be right around the same size of a stampede if my math is right, so not a bad option

Heres a wheely king with an extended wheelbase, not mine

Heres an SCX10 with longer shocks, and wheelyking axles and tires, Not bad, would be better with a cradel drop though

• Like Like x 1
  8. bluntfello

bluntfello
    Expand Collapse

I just scored a SMT10 roller off of ebay. Seems they are being sold out of Australia. It doesn't come with electronics or the tires or even the body but at $277 it's the cheapest I could find and should get here in 2-4 weeks. Wish it was cheaper since it's missing so much stuff but I'm salivating at what I'm gonna do with it. It's the Max-D roller and not the Grave Digger one so it comes with the badass black cage and I was gonna put my own tires, motor, and body anyways so this isn't too bad. I wasn't gonna wait for Axial to bring the SMT back lol.

#28 bluntfello, Jan 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  9. ROCKGODBOSS

ROCKGODBOSS
    Expand Collapse

Awesome, been wanting to get an SMT just for bashing, let us know what you do

10. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

I think a SCX10 using leafs, front mount motor, beefier axles and a nice old school full size truck body could make a good scale 80's monster truck, I should figure out how much that would cost because there is not really much for crawling where I live and all the tracks and events are too far away, If the ursa holds up well I'm thinking of building a true scale bronco using real dimensions,a 2 speed trans and depending on how things go I might try to make the TTB for a basher.
    true 1/10 would have a 10.4 inch wheelbase, (real is 104 in), 3.3 x1.2 tires(mine has 33x12s)1.5x1 rims(15x10), I don't have everything thought out yet but it would probably be 3D printed and use other stuff where accurate stuff exists

11. MONSTERJAMFAN109

MONSTERJAMFAN109
    Expand Collapse

This is cool

12. JayDXRT313

JayDXRT313
    Expand Collapse

Went with internal spring shocks on all four corners.

Attached Files:

• B8AF74FC-3052-4605-93A0-F19AE29240B5.jpeg
    • 260CA569-0C8A-4BC1-9B8F-F096BDF22082.jpeg
  13. Ethan Saunders

Ethan Saunders
    Expand Collapse

How dose it land? Dose it bounce after a jump?

14. JayDXRT313

JayDXRT313
    Expand Collapse

It lands great. Very little bounce. I don’t get those crazy rebounds anymore.

15. Ethan Saunders

Ethan Saunders
    Expand Collapse

Any rc monster truck tours around your area? I race in the RCMTCNY tour

16. MONSTERJAMFAN109

MONSTERJAMFAN109
    Expand Collapse

Sadly for me, there used to be, but then they went out of business

17. JayDXRT313

JayDXRT313
    Expand Collapse

I’m out here in California. We have SoCal and NorCal RCMT Tours.

18. Ethan Saunders

Ethan Saunders
    Expand Collapse

Opposite ends lol

• Like Like x 1
  19. bluntfello

bluntfello
    Expand Collapse

So I was able to nab a SMT10 from Hong Kong for $350 a few months ago, and I have a Clod still in the box. I don't know where to start with assembling it lol. I also have my eye on the new Cen monster trucks in case I decide to sell off my SMT10.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Ethan Saunders

Ethan Saunders
    Expand Collapse

Do you want to make a race or a scale truck out of the smt10?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice