WIP Beta released R/C Covet 1.0

R/C version of the Ibishu Covet

1. Funky7Monkey

Funky7Monkey
    Expand Collapse

From my experience with high end R/C cars, 10mph is pretty good. Although, electric ones don't usually have any gearing, just a throttle. Nitrous ones (which go 15~20mph. those are the fun ones) might have two or three gears max. Also, steering on R/C cars is more snappy than this one, even on cheap cars.

2. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

I haven't used it yet.

3. Funky7Monkey

Funky7Monkey
    Expand Collapse

It's like as slow as molasses.

I broke it :(

4. lukerules117

lukerules117
    Expand Collapse

I wouldn't expect much either, but even though its electric it has multiple forward gears(electric RC cars have a single gear and don't even use a seperate gear for reverse but I'm not sure beamNG would allow that) and the torque curve doesn't seem like one for an electric motor, it hits it's peak torque right around the redline and is upward until then, but iirc it should be almost the opposite.

5. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

just saying but it would be more realistic if it was a rear transverse motor, and the steering at the front, because its usually transverse rear, i did have a MR mercedes model and that had a differential (open of course) that was longitudinal

6. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

About the engine : I'm absolutely terrible at anything engine wise, so this was the best I could get :/

7. needforsuv

needforsuv
    Expand Collapse

the problem with the engine is its got more power than the normal covet and it revs too hard and putting it outside of the power range is what limits the top speed
    i made a few adjustments hope you dont mind
    it makes Less power and torque but is way more usable
    it tops out at 40mph and has brakes (not realistic i know, but it allows for changing into reverse while the car is still moving forwards)
    "fuel" tank is now a liter and total range is a few miles at full blast
    the "motor" how has no sound unless its moving
    its now awd as well with only 1 gear (still no speedo :p)
    it still handles the same but considering theres no suspension theres not much to adjust

considering the density and weight of the rc car i think these values are still realistic

Attached Files:

8. mastergamer3548

mastergamer3548
    Expand Collapse

This is a great mod and is really fun to use. I suddenly want the maps from revolt converted to Beamng.

• Like Like x 1
  9. apple

apple
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

i get 60 fps on my laptop that normaly gets 6 fps :) thx can u make one that goes a little faster say 50 miles

• Like Like x 1
  10. lukerules117

lukerules117
    Expand Collapse

Did you have to turn the rear wheels around? because I tried making it RWD and it wasn't really working right

11. needforsuv

needforsuv
    Expand Collapse

yeah
    at first it went nowhere cause the wheels were turning in opposite directions
    i also added thrusters (later) but it seems to lose what stability it has after 40 mph or so
    best i could do was 100mph with the wheels all over the place
    not something you would want to drive but 0-60mph was ~5-6seconds

12. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Even entry nitro will exceed 20. Most electrics too. Alot run on to scary fast speeds (ie, keeping up with traffic on the freeway).

I only have a budget electric and using an android app strapped to the top of the car clocked it at 25.

• Like Like x 1
  13. racerguy24

racerguy24
    Expand Collapse

I am an experienced R/C hobbyist and I believe the speed is like its got a brushed system and the suspension feels like its got none at all. If I hook on an R/C controller to my pc using an adapter it'll probably feel like driving an R/C car (though I haven't had time to do it yet). The only thing missing is camera view, like have the camera stationary but locked looking at the vehicle, I know it may not be possible but imagine that. Good mod and the first R/C in beamng drive. ;)

14. JC_02

JC_02
    Expand Collapse

its like a kitten so small and cute but also so destructive and awesome

15. gigawert

gigawert
    Expand Collapse

Nice! Then enlarge it to normal size and there you have a Covet for crappy computers!

• Like Like x 2
  16. Jurrunio

Jurrunio
    Expand Collapse

The handbrake is the easter egg I suppose?

17. missionsystem

missionsystem
    Expand Collapse

This car is way too heavy. My 1:8 scale rc weighs nothing more than 5kg. Other than that its perfect and awesommeeee!

18. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

It's been explained multiple times why it's heavy.

19. needforsuv

needforsuv
    Expand Collapse

yes but is there a way to distribute the weight lower i'm sure THAT wont effect the stablity much

20. Wendigo

Wendigo
    Expand Collapse

I've realized that the fuel level drops whenever there is no fuel consumption. Fuel leak, I suppose?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice