1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Question about license plates.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Wahlfactor, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Wahlfactor

Wahlfactor
    Expand Collapse

Is there a way to change the default text on my license plate? Is it somewhere in the file system where i can simply edit it? The reason I ask is since the game by default uses my steam name I there two issue that develop: one my name is entirely made up of Unicode (meaning some of the characters simply don't work), and two my names is longer than the character limit of a plate.

2. MrAngry

MrAngry
    Expand Collapse

The easiest way to change it to your liking is to use the license plate editor located at the bottom of the Parts selector. License plates can only show characters ranging from 0-9 and A-B (also a dash but nobody uses that) so tough luck, without tedious and hard editing in the files this won't be possible. The amount of characters a plate shows is quite easy to change in the license plate .json file but you'll have to play around with the scale value so that all the characters can fit onto the license plate.

Edit: You can check the wiki page http://wiki.beamng.com/License_plate_tutorial so it is easier to understand what everything in the .json file does so that it is easier to edit

• Like Like x 1
  3. dinosaur202

dinosaur202
    Expand Collapse

I use the dash, for realistic (stock) license plates. :p

4. MrAngry

MrAngry
    Expand Collapse

I guess we don't use the same license plates then :p

• Like Like x 1
  5. Wahlfactor

Wahlfactor
    Expand Collapse

Thanks, but that's not at all the issue i'm asking for a fix, I want to be able to edit what is on my plate by default, as in i don't want my IGN on it, nor do enjoy having to change it each time I open a new map.

• Like Like x 1
  6. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

Then I have just the thing for you. ;-)
    Torsion - Default License Plate Hack/tempfix - Steam name changer/alias tool

I'm sure that the devs will add this down the road, but for now my thing does exactly what you are asking for.

7. Wahlfactor

Wahlfactor
    Expand Collapse

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice