1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Progressive FPS loss

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Baboulinet4, Mar 31, 2021.

1. Baboulinet4

Baboulinet4
    Expand Collapse

Hello !

I recently noticed a problem with the game and GPU usage, that lead to a FPS loss.

As i drive, the GPU usage is lowering and i'm starting to lose FPS.

Example : Jungle Rock Island, Observatory Spawn : GPU usage is 55% without moving, and FPS are at 60. I drive for just two minutes and then reset back at the spawn, the GPU usage is now at 51% and FPS are at 58.

The problem gets worse with time. A drive on East Coast made my GPU usage to go from 55-60% to 30% and the FPS dropping from 60 to 30, even 20 as I was searching on the net what could be causing that and then coming back to the game, causing the GPU usage to still drop.

Checking with GPUZ, there is no overheating or power problem with the GPU or the CPU.

I tried on another game and it seems that i have this problem only on BeamNG.Drive.

I updated Windows this afternoon, and the problem is still here. Anybody got an Idea of what could be causing that?

Config :
    I7-8700
    RTX 3070
    24 GB RAM
    resolution is 1440p with vsync and 60FPS limit.

2. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

I have the same issue to me it seems to be a game bug. Also we have the same card and mine wont go much over 50 percent either

3. Shingo3130

Shingo3130
    Expand Collapse

Same issue here, most definitely introduced by the latest update.

4. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

I had it before already and the update only made it worse

5. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

I had it too. Yesterday I was driving casually for an hour without switching map. At first it was a solid 60FPS(VSync on) but after half an hour it went down to about 45FPS, then after another half an hour it went further down to about 35FPS. All my CPU, GPU and RAM are far from fully loaded.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Fluffy Panda

Fluffy Panda
    Expand Collapse
    Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

7. Baboulinet4

Baboulinet4
    Expand Collapse

Hello !

I did some extensive testing, and , well first I want to apologize because the thread is a little bit "for nothing" (at least on my side).

Because it happens (for me) to be caused by a rare bug when changing cars created by certain mods only.

Yesterday, with or without mods, i was running 50FPS on jungle rock island with about 40% usage of the GPU, but today, it's running fine at 60 FPS, mods or not, and before that bug that occurs when changing cars with some mods, it is running fine (before losing FPS, but it's mod related), even with mods activated.

Sorry again for not checking everything before, do you still need a Support ID?

8. Fluffy Panda

Fluffy Panda
    Expand Collapse
    Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

Check the game performance in Safe Mode. If the issue doesn't persist, then one of your mods causes this issue.
    If the issue persists, please share your Support ID

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice