Solved problems with adding powetrain to old mod

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by JBatic, Apr 24, 2017.

1. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

here is a picture of the 2 suspensions side by side
    screenshot_00088.png
    the hard part comes in the fact that the bronco uses a unique ifs rather than sfa or normal ifs
    I will move the scale stuff into the main jbeam since there isn't a ton of stuff that interchanges properly anyway

2. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

Oops, I was thinking that it was using a different type of front suspension (3-link or something). I guess you're stuck solving the hard problems. Either build a new replacement from scratch or tune up what's there.

Obviously not much is going to directly exchange as far as copy/pasting entire functioning parts... It's a matter of being able to borrow sections of jbeam from official content. That's a common thing and any time you want to do that the jbeam will need to be significantly adjusted to account for your scaling. EG a structure that's "really well tuned" in an official car will instantly be badly tuned as soon as you copy the code into the bronco. Also the scaling stuff probably messes up the universal wheels to a degree - they are also jbeams.

In any case I'd recommend taking whatever you can from one of the pickup jbeams and applying that to the bronco jbeam. While a direct swap of the entire axle/hub assembly does not make sense, certainly the area where the wheels hook on is something to look at. It can be either copied or used for reference... but don't forget that the scaling does not match.

3. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

in that case I will see about changing values as I go but which ones ore the most important to change so I know how to not get instabilities

4. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

Good thought Darren9.

5. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

just a quick question do I multiply the values or divide them?

6. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

not to be annoying but do I multiply or divide by the scalebeam?

7. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

Multiply, but press pause on that for the moment please.

Purely for educational/discussion purposes, let's say you had these two scaling values:
    Code:
        "scalebeamSpring":0.84,
        "scalebeamDamp":1.3,

let's also say that your jbeam file had this written in it:
    Code:
             {"beamSpring":1000,"beamDamp":100},

in that case your in-game results would be this:
    Code:
             {"beamSpring":840,"beamDamp":130},

As Darren9 suggested above I've "asked really nicely" about whatever was used to fix up the official jbeams. For that reason I recommend you hold off on manually overhauling your jbeams: doing it manually looks like a difficult and potentially error-prone process... especially since you actually 4 different scaling factors to deal with!

• Like Like x 1
  8. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

thanks I need to look at my backups to fix the scalebeam since I thought I could just delete it but I will probbably start fixing this as soon as possible

9. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

Have you made any significant changes since you last posted the vehicle in this thread?

10. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

I have fixed the tow hitch and tailgate and am currently working on the rear suspension
    edit rear suspension is done
    edit 2 front suspension is done

#49 JBatic, May 18, 2017
    Last edited: May 18, 2017
  11. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

Sounds good. You haven't adjusted your beamSpring, beamDamp, beamDeform, and beamStrength values, right? Please share what you've currently got. I would like to take a look RE: fixing the scaling.

12. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

no I just mutiplied the orignal values by their scalebeam values to fix them
    here is what I have finished so far I have 12 files left to fix

Attached Files:

#51 JBatic, May 18, 2017
    Last edited: May 18, 2017
  13. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

So, err, have you made changes other than those?

14. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

no I want to finish the scalebeam then I have a new manual transmission in the works

15. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

progress report I fixed the inner fenders, the suspention is closer to being finished but using slow-motion and nb visualization it looks looks the hubs are freaking out

16. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

I've just been taking a look at the hubs myself. The rear hubs have poor geometry, which is why even when driving around in 2WD the rear wheels tend to flop over / fold up. Both front and rear hubs are also very small compared to the Pickup. I suspect that enlarging the structure to be similar to the Pickup would be a good move.

Attached Files:

17. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

ok what Is the file you have attached?

18. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

It has the scaling removed from the jbeam files.

19. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

lol that's what Ive been dong;) I'll take a look at the hubs as soon as I can also is it all the files or just most removed?

20. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

All of them. That's why I recommended that you "press pause on that" earlier when I explained how you'd do it.

I used files from post 26 and 27 since you said that those were the most recent ones in which you had not multiplied values.

• Informative Informative x 1
  21. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

I looked at the hubs and they looked very similar to me,this was a d series at some point and should I disable the scalebeam in the tow hitch until a later date?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice