Problems importing Offroad wheels to other vehicles.

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by LSDMT420, Oct 6, 2013.

1. LSDMT420

LSDMT420
    Expand Collapse

Just thinking about driving this thing makes me smile, now I just need to build it :eek:

2. Holland

Holland
    Expand Collapse

Lol. Yeah you better hurry up man, the suspense is not doing good. What are you trying to do atm?

3. LSDMT420

LSDMT420
    Expand Collapse

Haha this will be a labor of love, I have a feeling it may take awhile to complete. Right now I just imported the entire pickup frame/ suspension/ wheels over and I am renaming all the jbeams to see if that works better then scaling the tires did. But I really am stuck on how to split the car in half, im sure there is probably a tool for it that I'm just not aware of.

4. DrowsySam

DrowsySam
    Expand Collapse

The reason this isn't working is because the model is in a complete different place to the Jbeam, all the wheel model does is sits inside the Jbeam structure of the wheel.

If you keep pressing J(or k, whatever debug is) until it shows the Node's/Beams, you'll see that the wheel model is actually off the Jbeam structure.
    It can get tricky when changing the wheel size, try to keep the wheel in the exact same position when scaling it, that way you only need to increase the wheel size, instead of having the re-position everything inside the Jbeam.

If you scale the wheels inside Blender, you'll need to apply the scale, here's how to do so.
    Scale.PNG

5. LSDMT420

LSDMT420
    Expand Collapse

Awesome thanks, I will do some searching around for editing NB structure. Whenever I scale something it moves on its own, is using the 3D cursor the only way to scale without the object moving?

6. Holland

Holland
    Expand Collapse

Hey I was close enough right?:p

7. ZoneSix

ZoneSix
    Expand Collapse

Sorry to bump this but my post seems to fit well in this thread. So yesterday I successfully imported the sport wheels from the fullsize to the moonhawk.. including all it's Jbeam code and the model all using notepad++. I mixed the Jbeam code with the spotted wheels from the moonhawk and it seems to work well in-game. Mesh and all shows up and it functions properly. The only issue I have with it now is that the wheel is offset from the axel as seen from the picture below. I've fiddled about with the Jbeam code to try to position it. But it only moves the nodes and not the model itself. Actually the nodes are offset too. How am I able to position it correctly with the axel?

(imported from here)

#27 ZoneSix, Feb 26, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
  8. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

You need to move the wheels on the moonhawk mesh in blender or something. JBeam only defines the collision structure and cannot move parts of the mesh around in this way.

Those wheels do look quite nice on the moonhawk actually.

9. ZoneSix

ZoneSix
    Expand Collapse

I installed blender and figured out basic selection and movement of meshes. I was able to move the wheels into position in a messy way, but it worked. Although the tires lost it's texutre and the mesh of the body overall was kinda wierd as if shading error. And the wheels don't stay in place.. infact it's quite unstabe as if the axel is not attached anymore

#29 ZoneSix, Feb 27, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2014
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice